Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #4,441 of 4,841
  First impressions and comparisons please
biggrin.gif

Are they really hughe? Do they stick much?

Yeah mate, they are a bit big 
biggrin.gif
  Due to bass potentiometer..

It is too early to tell some proper impression; dynamic drivers need to be burned-in. However, it has a smooth and some kind of analog sound. The most impressive thing is its spaciousness. Perhaps there is a warm air between instruments, but the stage is really big.   

The potentiometer is really working. With max setting, there is a huge amount of bass, too much for me. 

LCM4.2 sounds with thicker notes than H8P. H8P has more prominent treble and a brighter (I wouldn't call H8P too bright actually.) sound than 4.2.  Regarding the bass setting, H8P has a tighter and faster bass compared to 4.2.  

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #4,442 of 4,841

Yeah mate, they are a bit big 
biggrin.gif
  Due to bass potentiometer..

It is too early to tell some proper impression; dynamic drivers need to be burned-in. However, it has a smooth and some kind of analog sound. The most impressive thing is its spaciousness. Perhaps there is a warm air between instruments, but the stage is really big.   

The potentiometer is really working. With max setting, there is a huge amount of bass, too much for me. 

LCM4.2 sounds with thicker notes than H8P. H8P has more prominent treble and a brighter (I wouldn't call H8P too bright actually.) sound than 4.2.  Regarding the bass setting, H8P has a tighter and faster bass compared to 4.2.  

I know that those are first impressions and to tell more you need to listen to them more. But, I'm very interested in them so I would like to hear as much as possible.

Do you already have you reshelled 5ways? If yes, how would you compare bass and note thickness between the two?

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #4,443 of 4,841

I know that those are first impressions and to tell more you need to listen to them more. But, I'm very interested in them so I would like to hear as much as possible.

Do you already have you reshelled 5ways? If yes, how would you compare bass and note thickness between the two?

I will share more impressions in following days mate. :) 

I haven't got SE5 yet. When I get it, I will make a proper comparison surely, but I heard my friend's SE5. For now and from memory, I can say that note thickness and smoothness is very close. Se5 hits with a bit more power, but bass quantity would be same. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4,444 of 4,841
I am also really looking forward to those impressions you'll share with us. What about the ordering process? Was it easy to get your customs from Lear in Asia to the Nirvana?

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #4,445 of 4,841
I am also really looking forward to those impressions you'll share with us. What about the ordering process? Was it easy to get your customs from Lear in Asia to the Nirvana?

Haha :) It took 15 days to get them from Hong Kong to Turkey. Also, my impressions reached to Tatco in 15 days. Making them took 3 weeks. Total was about 7 weeks to complete the whole process.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #4,448 of 4,841
Fortunately, the fit is perfect and no need for a refit process my friend. Waiting is the most painful part of this hobby.

Hehe I remember my SE5way purchase it was super fast. Though it depends on how busy the manufacturer and how close their lab to you obviously. Anyway it seems like your 4.2 story ended very good and that's what is important at the end.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #4,449 of 4,841
  It takes some time obviously but if you don't need refits and you like the sound that's totally worth it I assume.

That's indeed what I am most afraid of. For instance, my ears impressions took more than 2 weeks to get to Earwerkz. Hopefully, they have an amazing turnover time.
But if the fit were to be not perfect, that would mean about another month to have them worked on. I mean I'd have plenty of audio gear to listen to in the meantine. But still I wouldn't like that extra time and cost.

That is why I always think twice before buying outside Europe. Hence, I eventually gave up on my will to get the JH Roxanne because they may be the worst in terms of  turnover time and customer care. I don't want to be waiting for four months for a product that cost me around 1500$.

But Mike's feedback is reassuring and Lear seems to be a CIEM Compny I wouldn't be afraid to send my impressions to.
That is why having a local distributor is a great asset: it allowed me to buy my Fitear MH335DW for instance.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #4,450 of 4,841

That's indeed what I am most afraid of. For instance, my ears impressions took more than 2 weeks to get to Earwerkz. Hopefully, they have an amazing turnover time.
But if the fit were to be not perfect, that would mean about another month to have them worked on. I mean I'd have plenty of audio gear to listen to in the meantine. But still I wouldn't like that extra time and cost.

That is why I always think twice before buying outside Europe. Hence, I eventually gave up on my will to get the JH Roxanne because they may be the worst in terms of  turnover time and customer care. I don't want to be waiting for four months for a product that cost me around 1500$.

But Mike's feedback is reassuring and Lear seems to be a CIEM Compny I wouldn't be afraid to send my impressions to.
That is why having a local distributor is a great asset: it allowed me to buy my Fitear MH335DW for instance.

Wait, in France you have a FitEar distributor? Seriously? You can buy ciems. I didn't know about that, would you please PM me a link or something?

I thought apart from Japan and some countries in Asia there is almost no way you can buy ciems from FitEar.

Btw, if you are in Europe, you shouldn't miss Spiral Ear SE5way. Definitely a beast and king of the throne for a long time. You have a very nice collection of audio gear, I am sure you would like to get an unique ciem too next to these gear too.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #4,451 of 4,841
Sent you a PM
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #4,454 of 4,841
Dec 29, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #4,455 of 4,841

Mike were you hit with customs charges. Does Lear do something to lower the customs charges risk?

BTW, is there any Lear dealer in Europe?

As far as I know there is no Lear dealer in Europe. 

Yes, they help you regarding custom matters. Tatco is a very helpful person. He replies your mails in 24 hours. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back