Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jul 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #3,241 of 4,841
Quote:
So it should be pretty easy to find aftermarket cables for Sensaphonics ciems. I also like the design and features of it.

The fact is, we have only done tooling for the silver/clear cable. In fact, if you order a Sensaphonics 3MAX, 2MAX or 2X-S with a black cable, at this point we would supply the Shure cable. (Sensaphonics is an authorized Shure dealer.) We haven't tested anything else.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #3,242 of 4,841
Quote:

Out of curiosity, would it be safe to assume the coaxial connection doesn't too easily swivel,or more realistically flop around, like it does on Shure iems?

I don't own any SE Series, so I can't compare with any authority. The Sensaphonics connectors can be fully rotated, but the nature of the deep connection requires positive force to do so. Mine stay in position quite nicely, but are not difficult to rotate by hand. Hope that helps...

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #3,243 of 4,841
Quote:

Out of curiosity, would it be safe to assume the coaxial connection doesn't too easily swivel,or more realistically flop around, like it does on Shure iems?

Yep - it can move, but never does so until you specifically make it. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3,246 of 4,841
I quite like that 4-pin medieval torture device. The Shure coaxial connector looks too tame.
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #3,247 of 4,841
The Dunu DC4 is finally available outside of China...in Singapore via Stage 93.  There is a special introductory price of  S$599, and then the price will increase to S$759.  Check out my review and rating.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #3,248 of 4,841
Quote:
The Dunu DC4 is finally available outside of China...in Singapore via Stage 93.  There is a special introductory price of  S$599, and then the price will increase to S$759.  Check out my review and rating.

Very nice review as always Joe, thank you.

Edit: I didn't see your DX100 at the source section. I hope there is no problem, you didn't lose it or something.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #3,249 of 4,841
Quote:
Very nice review as always Joe, thank you.

Edit: I didn't see your DX100 at the source section. I hope there is no problem, you didn't lose it or something.

Thanks.  This is an older review, pre-DX100, but it just became available outside of China.  The DX100 is still my SOC (source of choice 
size]
), although I have been using it more with amps recently.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #3,254 of 4,841
Quote:

Pity the price is $99 more than you anticipated, Joe (and soon $259 more than you anticipated). I guess that may be Stage93 taking their cut?

Not saying it's not worth it, just that it looked potentially tempting at $500 (although I would be wary of a CIEM with a soundstage smaller than that of the SE-5, whose soundstage I already consider to be rather small).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back