Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jan 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2,463 of 4,841
Average Joe, how's Alclair RSM vs RM?

Thanks

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #2,464 of 4,841
Quote:
Hi, random interlude...

Does anyone know if its possible to reshell klipsch x10 into a custom shell? If it is, who would you recommend?

Thanks

It can be done and there are many options including UM, 1964, Alclair, and I think Dream Earz will also reshell (plus you can find some other options on here with a search).

Quote:
Average Joe, how's Alclair RSM vs RM?

Thanks

Better.   I haven't had much time with them, but they are better, at least as far as clarity is concerned with a similar sound sig.  

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #2,465 of 4,841
Help!

I have stuff (wax I presume) stuck in my 4a sound tubes (all four of them would you believe) and I cant get it out. It has gone too deep for the hooped cleaning tool and i have been trying to use a longer safety pin to fish it out but no joy. The metal ring that looks to be near the top of the tube isnt helping as it creates a rim that makes it difficult to get the debris past.

Is there anything else i can do? Do i just accept that it is there? Will it be affecting sound quality? Do I send it back to Heir (being in the uk id rather not do that but will do if necessary and Heir think they can sort it)? Could i take it to a more local company to fix (ultimate hearing protection are a ciem company quite near me) but what about invalidating warranty?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ps - ive also posted this in the Heir appreciation thread.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2,467 of 4,841
My Alclair reference monitor review http://www.head-fi.org/t/648457/review-alclair-reference-monitor-ciem

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2,469 of 4,841
Quote:
Hi, random interlude...

Does anyone know if its possible to reshell klipsch x10 into a custom shell? If it is, who would you recommend?

Thanks

Fisher inearz did my klipsch x10i, whether it's worth it is up to you!

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2,470 of 4,841
Did you think it was worth it? I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on some new customs and I think I was probably trying to save my wallet some pain, I'm sure it won't be as good as a real custom and will only succeed in costing me twice!

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #2,471 of 4,841
Depending on what your budget is (and I'm guessing that it's at least  £58 for the reshell, plus audiologist costs say £30-40, plus shipping which is £15 out, £22 back.)I would be looking very closely at the cosmic ears range instead.  You'd be able to get the BA1 for that price easily I'd of thought, if you can stretch the extra £20 ish you could get the BA2 or HY2.  If you haven't seen the newsletter yet take a look here :-

http://cosmicears.com/latest-news/

Bear in mind that I haven't heard any CE monitors (sadly) but given a choice I know which I'd choose :)

Plus you have the fact that Sweden is closer than the us and it seems a no brainer!

Cheers

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #2,472 of 4,841
Jan 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2,473 of 4,841
I actually have the ba2 or whatever it was called before the recent name changes. I like it a lot but I wanted to try something else. Cosmic were great to deal with though and the ba2 is really nice sounding and keeps impressing me.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2,474 of 4,841
well i am hosting a local meet in a couple of weeks and if a few more people come then the headphone company will make a show with UM, ACS and 1964 universal demos and there is all my top tier universal to try as well!

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #2,475 of 4,841
I've been curious about the build process for CIEMs. Does it actually take them 3-5 weeks to make them, or is that mostly due to their backlog of orders? What takes 3-5 weeks to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back