I've just ordered a UE TF10 reshell from Rob. I'm looking forward to the results and will post my comments here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Today I received my DIY ear impressions kit from Inearcustom.com, and it arrived faster than I expected... cross-country IN TWO DAYS from Florida to Washington State via First Class mail. I guess the Post Office put the package on the same fast track as a Priority Mail piece.
Being the curious & impatient type, I couldn't wait to try out the kit. The instructions online recommend a helper but said it can be done successfully by oneself using a wall mirror and a hand-held mirror... so I did it myself with the two mirror approach.
The detailed instructions (plus some videos on YouTube that I searched for and watched) made the process very clear. Everything went well, the impressions were easy to make, without any discomfort. Each ear took only 10 minutes to make impressions, including seven minutes of curing/drying time (probably more than needed).
The impressions turned out great, and they have long full "tips" (the mold of the ear canal) which look like the examples labeled "excellent" on Inearcustom's web site.
The only caution I'd offer to others trying this is to work quickly like the instructions say; 20 seconds kneading & mixing time for the silicone blobs is maximum, as it gets hard to force the material out of the supplied syringe as it starts to get thicker and harden.
I'm shipping the impressions and my UETF10 IEMs back to Rob tomorrow so he can start on the reshelling. If anyone's hesitating about the DIY impressions step, there's no need to worry. It's easy to do and sure beats the time and expense of having a professional audiologist make them.
Edited by 4nradio - 1/31/13 at 9:48pm
The one at $250 is for a new SE-215 to be reshelled - in this case the customer just has to send across the ear impressions, Rob will provide the IEM and also tailor it to the impressions sent.
the one at $150 is if the customer wants his personal SE215 to be reshlled = customer has to send the IEMs with the impressions
Edited by ayaflo - 2/16/13 at 1:12am
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 13 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 41 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones Too Good For System? 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2