I've just ordered a UE TF10 reshell from Rob. I'm looking forward to the results and will post my comments here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Today I received my DIY ear impressions kit from Inearcustom.com, and it arrived faster than I expected... cross-country IN TWO DAYS from Florida to Washington State via First Class mail. I guess the Post Office put the package on the same fast track as a Priority Mail piece.
Being the curious & impatient type, I couldn't wait to try out the kit. The instructions online recommend a helper but said it can be done successfully by oneself using a wall mirror and a hand-held mirror... so I did it myself with the two mirror approach.
The detailed instructions (plus some videos on YouTube that I searched for and watched) made the process very clear. Everything went well, the impressions were easy to make, without any discomfort. Each ear took only 10 minutes to make impressions, including seven minutes of curing/drying time (probably more than needed).
The impressions turned out great, and they have long full "tips" (the mold of the ear canal) which look like the examples labeled "excellent" on Inearcustom's web site.
The only caution I'd offer to others trying this is to work quickly like the instructions say; 20 seconds kneading & mixing time for the silicone blobs is maximum, as it gets hard to force the material out of the supplied syringe as it starts to get thicker and harden.
I'm shipping the impressions and my UETF10 IEMs back to Rob tomorrow so he can start on the reshelling. If anyone's hesitating about the DIY impressions step, there's no need to worry. It's easy to do and sure beats the time and expense of having a professional audiologist make them.
Edited by 4nradio - 1/31/13 at 9:48pm
The one at $250 is for a new SE-215 to be reshelled - in this case the customer just has to send across the ear impressions, Rob will provide the IEM and also tailor it to the impressions sent.
the one at $150 is if the customer wants his personal SE215 to be reshlled = customer has to send the IEMs with the impressions
Edited by ayaflo - 2/16/13 at 1:12am
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Jack to USB, what options are there? 1 second ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 seconds ago
- › Best cans for female vocals? 5 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › iRiver H140 (iHP-140) for parts 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 2 minutes ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3