I've just ordered a UE TF10 reshell from Rob. I'm looking forward to the results and will post my comments here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Most comfortable IEM for sleeping Sub-$50? Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Today I received my DIY ear impressions kit from Inearcustom.com, and it arrived faster than I expected... cross-country IN TWO DAYS from Florida to Washington State via First Class mail. I guess the Post Office put the package on the same fast track as a Priority Mail piece.
Being the curious & impatient type, I couldn't wait to try out the kit. The instructions online recommend a helper but said it can be done successfully by oneself using a wall mirror and a hand-held mirror... so I did it myself with the two mirror approach.
The detailed instructions (plus some videos on YouTube that I searched for and watched) made the process very clear. Everything went well, the impressions were easy to make, without any discomfort. Each ear took only 10 minutes to make impressions, including seven minutes of curing/drying time (probably more than needed).
The impressions turned out great, and they have long full "tips" (the mold of the ear canal) which look like the examples labeled "excellent" on Inearcustom's web site.
The only caution I'd offer to others trying this is to work quickly like the instructions say; 20 seconds kneading & mixing time for the silicone blobs is maximum, as it gets hard to force the material out of the supplied syringe as it starts to get thicker and harden.
I'm shipping the impressions and my UETF10 IEMs back to Rob tomorrow so he can start on the reshelling. If anyone's hesitating about the DIY impressions step, there's no need to worry. It's easy to do and sure beats the time and expense of having a professional audiologist make them.
Edited by 4nradio - 1/31/13 at 9:48pm
The one at $250 is for a new SE-215 to be reshelled - in this case the customer just has to send across the ear impressions, Rob will provide the IEM and also tailor it to the impressions sent.
the one at $150 is if the customer wants his personal SE215 to be reshlled = customer has to send the IEMs with the impressions
Edited by ayaflo - 2/16/13 at 1:12am
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance DACport HD 2 minutes ago
- › High school friends after graduation 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 6 minutes ago
- › M50x vs. SE215 7 minutes ago
- › HD650's going bad or just cable? 8 minutes ago
- › foobar won't launch 9 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2