I've just ordered a UE TF10 reshell from Rob. I'm looking forward to the results and will post my comments here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Today I received my DIY ear impressions kit from Inearcustom.com, and it arrived faster than I expected... cross-country IN TWO DAYS from Florida to Washington State via First Class mail. I guess the Post Office put the package on the same fast track as a Priority Mail piece.
Being the curious & impatient type, I couldn't wait to try out the kit. The instructions online recommend a helper but said it can be done successfully by oneself using a wall mirror and a hand-held mirror... so I did it myself with the two mirror approach.
The detailed instructions (plus some videos on YouTube that I searched for and watched) made the process very clear. Everything went well, the impressions were easy to make, without any discomfort. Each ear took only 10 minutes to make impressions, including seven minutes of curing/drying time (probably more than needed).
The impressions turned out great, and they have long full "tips" (the mold of the ear canal) which look like the examples labeled "excellent" on Inearcustom's web site.
The only caution I'd offer to others trying this is to work quickly like the instructions say; 20 seconds kneading & mixing time for the silicone blobs is maximum, as it gets hard to force the material out of the supplied syringe as it starts to get thicker and harden.
I'm shipping the impressions and my UETF10 IEMs back to Rob tomorrow so he can start on the reshelling. If anyone's hesitating about the DIY impressions step, there's no need to worry. It's easy to do and sure beats the time and expense of having a professional audiologist make them.
Edited by 4nradio - 1/31/13 at 9:48pm
The one at $250 is for a new SE-215 to be reshelled - in this case the customer just has to send across the ear impressions, Rob will provide the IEM and also tailor it to the impressions sent.
the one at $150 is if the customer wants his personal SE215 to be reshlled = customer has to send the IEMs with the impressions
Edited by ayaflo - 2/16/13 at 1:12am
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Most comfortable headphones 1 second ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 9 seconds ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Best looking tube amp 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)