I've just ordered a UE TF10 reshell from Rob. I'm looking forward to the results and will post my comments here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT HiFiMan RE-262tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productMEElectronics M6-BK In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony MDR-XB40EX 13.5mm High Sensitivity Driver Extra Bass EX Earbudstagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSony XBA-3SLtagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Does a custom IEM have the potential to rival full-size headphone rigs? Last post on 4/8/11 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" Last post on Today at 2:26 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vision Ear stage 2 VS Vision Ear stage 3 Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure se215 vs Sony XBA-3 vs Philips SHE9850 Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~ Last post on 11/5/13 at 2:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/17/13
INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? - Page 3post #31 of 4841/28/13 at 3:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4841/28/13 at 5:18pmpost #33 of 4841/31/13 at 9:26pm
Today I received my DIY ear impressions kit from Inearcustom.com, and it arrived faster than I expected... cross-country IN TWO DAYS from Florida to Washington State via First Class mail. I guess the Post Office put the package on the same fast track as a Priority Mail piece.
Being the curious & impatient type, I couldn't wait to try out the kit. The instructions online recommend a helper but said it can be done successfully by oneself using a wall mirror and a hand-held mirror... so I did it myself with the two mirror approach.
The detailed instructions (plus some videos on YouTube that I searched for and watched) made the process very clear. Everything went well, the impressions were easy to make, without any discomfort. Each ear took only 10 minutes to make impressions, including seven minutes of curing/drying time (probably more than needed).
The impressions turned out great, and they have long full "tips" (the mold of the ear canal) which look like the examples labeled "excellent" on Inearcustom's web site.
The only caution I'd offer to others trying this is to work quickly like the instructions say; 20 seconds kneading & mixing time for the silicone blobs is maximum, as it gets hard to force the material out of the supplied syringe as it starts to get thicker and harden.
I'm shipping the impressions and my UETF10 IEMs back to Rob tomorrow so he can start on the reshelling. If anyone's hesitating about the DIY impressions step, there's no need to worry. It's easy to do and sure beats the time and expense of having a professional audiologist make them.
Edited by 4nradio - 1/31/13 at 9:48pmpost #34 of 4841/31/13 at 10:41pmpost #35 of 4842/3/13 at 7:14ampost #36 of 4842/3/13 at 10:32ampost #37 of 4842/3/13 at 11:12ampost #38 of 4842/8/13 at 12:07pmpost #39 of 4842/8/13 at 12:49pmpost #40 of 4842/8/13 at 2:36pmpost #41 of 4842/8/13 at 7:37pmpost #42 of 4842/16/13 at 1:11amQuote:Quote:
The one at $250 is for a new SE-215 to be reshelled - in this case the customer just has to send across the ear impressions, Rob will provide the IEM and also tailor it to the impressions sent.
the one at $150 is if the customer wants his personal SE215 to be reshlled = customer has to send the IEMs with the impressions
Edited by ayaflo - 2/16/13 at 1:12ampost #43 of 4842/21/13 at 9:27ampost #44 of 4842/21/13 at 10:37amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
- › Low End to High end DAP opinion , impression , appreciation and... 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 10 seconds ago
- › The Hobbit Movie Thread (and anything else related to Lord of the... 34 seconds ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 46 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 54 seconds ago
- › $200-300 DAC/AMP for HE-400 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 2 minutes ago
- › Sub $100 Bluetooth headphones that control Windows Media Player... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe