1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (9/10/2019: Grado WH1 'The White Headphone' Added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
  1. illram
    Yeah I didn't mess with that, what does that do exactly? I tried reading about it a bit, have not had a chance to really mess with it to test, and am still a little confused about the purpose.

2. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    I'm not 100% but I did have Audio GD gear with similar options. I think it's supposed to very subtly change the very top end to reduce the way treble peaks and what not. I don't know enough so I left it alone even back then.

3. Fegefeuer
  4. lenroot77
    Received my G6 earlier, it’s clearly receiving The Dolby signal from my PS4 as the led is lit up. I was able to get the sound sent out to my dac/amp and I’m liking what I’m hearing so far.

Has anyone tried the game/chat adjustments using the PS4? I was able to toggle between the two... but wasn’t in a chat to actually test it.

My only complaint so far is I do not have a pc by my consoles so I need to run downstairs to make adjustments.

Mad Lust Envy likes this.
  5. illram
    It's funny, this little thing popped up right when I was starting to sort of get used to, and like, Atmos for Headphones on the Xbox. Half of me wants to finish out my 30 day free trial before really putting the G6 through its paces...

6. DrKrFfXx
    I just ordered the G6. It comes with a freeby, the Sound Blaster X H5 headset. Probably won't use it, but hey, it's free real state.

headphonesonly likes this.
  7. headphonesonly
    Im really liking the g6 so far. One major issue i been having is the g6 sometimes will glichout and cut out all audio. I would have to unplug and replug just to get it to work again. And when I activate the bass feature, it will just completely cut all the bass out and start distorting the sound. So I don’t know what is up with that.

8. Fotopaul
    Got som answers to my follow up questions from Creative today.

So it seems we are talking about two different VSS ? SBX surround and Virtual 7.1 VSS in Windows ?

9. Lay.
    Hmmm. This guy is talking about hardware dolby decoding for consoles, 7.1 / 5.1 content virtualization for headphones. Doesn't mention any need for PC creative drivers :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  10. raband
    Yeah, was a false alarm caused by badly worded FAQ's, chat support that had zero idea and setups that need settings changed.

halcyon likes this.
  11. Fotopaul
    So can anyone explain the latest answer where creative differentiate between SBX surround and VSS 7.1 mixed by the creative drivers ?

12. Yethal
    It seems not even Creative can do that

DrKrFfXx likes this.
  13. raband
    SBX is 5.1?

14. Fotopaul
    Yes that is my suspicion also, will be interesting to hear Creatives response.

If that's the case, does the driver upmix the dolby digital signal from the optical in to 7.1 ?

Still belive the difference in 5.1/7.1 VSS is minimal at best.

15. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    I don't have an answer to that but what I will say is that regardless if what it does and IF there's a difference, console SBX vs PC SBX on the G6 is a WASH. It's not going to sound inferior, and the surround cues are just as good as on the X7.

That to me is the most important part. It sucks that I'm on vacation and can't spend any real time doing A/B comparisons between the X7 and G6, but I would say if I had to make a choice TODAY between the two, I would definitely get the G6 with a Modi (one that has optical input), and a Magni or some equivalent. I would assume that combo would have a better dac/amp than the X7 as a standalone. There cost would be around the same too, maybe cheaper. The G6 would be my SBX source while the Modi is my dac, and Magni is the amp.

I don't have any real complaints about the X7, but as a reviewer, I would like something more headfiers are accustomed to. More power from the Magni would be nice to over the X7.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018