Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #40,411 of 48,562
I'm not very sure too.. I was reading all reviewing and everyone saying it's super comfortable and I was eagerly wanting to purchase it online. Till I went to try it the headphone just clamps my cheekbone/ jaw area, I also have tried it with the beyer T1 it fits but a bit loose it's more comfortable but still hurts. Maybe the headphone doesn't suit me. The dekoni pad is quite pricey

Ok, you have the same issue my friend does. He finds very few headphones actually comfortable, because pads that rest on the masseter muscle a specific way always bother him. I do understand the problem. Not sure a pad replacement will fix your issue, as it just may be the diameter of the pads and where they rest that will always be an issue. Perhaps try something smaller, or even on ear.

Sennheiser oval shaped cups tend to be quite a bit more comfy in terms of how/where they rest on your face (i.e. Game One, PC37X, 558/598). Try those instead. I wouldn't go with AKG, because I think they have the same problem of sitting right on the sensitive areas of the masseter muscle.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #40,412 of 48,562
I canceled my K612 order because i found a really cheap, brand new HD 558 from a guy whose HD 558 headphones replaced by Amazon under warranty and he was selling them. Even though K612 was cheap compared to HD 598/DT 990 and i wanted to buy it, i was to buy an amp, Antlion modmic (because of the cable it wouldn't work with the cheaper Boompro) and MixAmp with it. It made the whole thing really unlogical and expansive for me. Now i just need Boompro and later maybe i can buy a MixAmp to try Dolby Headphone thing. The guy shipped it, so no turning back anymore.

My question is, should i remove the rubber tape? I know it increases the soundstage but what is the downside of this mod? Do bass suffers much?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #40,413 of 48,562
Okay thanks for the suggestion going back to square one. I'm currently using the Beoplay H2 it's an on ear headphone, can't use it for long hours it will hurt after 1 hour. And I have got a H7 this headphone can't use for long hours too it will heat up after 20 mins. I'm thinking about all in one headset

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #40,414 of 48,562
Afraid I haven’t. I just don’t like closed back headphones (for gaming at least).
What’s your opinion on this? I am actually tired of open headphones for gaming lol. I am looking forward to sacrificing some soundstage width for the ability to not hear anything outside the cups.

I have the Audeze Mobius coming to me soon (hopefully) so that will be cool to be able to compare to the open cans I have used for gaming!

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #40,415 of 48,562
I don't really think some people find open back for the surround sound. Maybe they just wanna eavesdrop on the ppl around you? :S and for gaming the fear of parents coming out and hunt for you if you played over the curfew timing you will need to pay attention to game and environment :DDD

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #40,417 of 48,562
Is it possible to use the Chord Mojo with the Turtle Beach DSS on console (xbox 360)?
You'll just have to attach a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the DSS headphone jack to the Mojo's rca input. You'll be using the DSS as a pre-amp this way. Not ideal, but it's the only way. For the cleanest audio from a console, you need an X7. It is the ONLY device that allows virtual surround on console that sends a clean signal to other amps or even dacs.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #40,418 of 48,562
You'll just have to attach a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the DSS headphone jack to the Mojo's rca input. You'll be using the DSS as a pre-amp this way. Not ideal, but it's the only way. For the cleanest audio from a console, you need an X7. It is the ONLY device that allows virtual surround on console that sends a clean signal to other amps or even dacs.
Mojo doesn't have analog inputs

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #40,419 of 48,562
Mojo doesn't have analog inputs
Then he'll need an analog to digital converter in between the DSS and Mojo.

This is even less ideal, lol.

Sell all that crap and just get an X7, lol.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #40,420 of 48,562
X7, the undethroned king of virtual surround.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #40,421 of 48,562
Until someone else steps up and adds all the conveniences that the X7 has, it will absolutely stay there.

If you're looking for a virtual surround solution that can pipe that algorithm into other dacs or amps, this is literally the ONLY device that does it without the need to double amp.

Funny how the X7 wasn't that way at first, and after all the prodding and complaints, those features were added in simply with a downloadable update.

The X7 isn't perfect, but man, it stands far and above all other devices.

If Creative sold a new device that was cheaper without the amp portion, I think a lot of audiophiles would snap it right up. The DAC, as well as virtual surround via digital and analog outs. Big sales, I think. Everyone wants to use their other gear here, so if they did this at $100-200... Maaaan. I'd sell my X7, get this theoretical device with a Vali 2 or something.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #40,423 of 48,562
What is the best way to connect the Mojo to the xbox 360, to get the best quality sound in stereo?

The Mojo has an optical input so just run an optical out from your Xbox to your Mojo.

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #40,425 of 48,562
The Mojo has an optical input so just run an optical out from your Xbox to your Mojo.

Back in the Action
Not looking for Reaction
Returns taking Traction
Return of the gaming Faction!

Good to see ya Stillhart, been quite a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back