Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #17,011 of 48,564
Originally Posted by LB Felipe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A more question: Do you or anyone know whether NFL Madden for PS3 will be avaiable for streaming for PS4?

If you bought the game from PSN then yes you will be able to stream it on PS4, but will remain the PS3 version of the game. If I'm not mistaken you should be able to buy the digital PS4 copy for $10 when it becomes available since you already bought the PS3 version from PSN. EA has a list of current gen games that you can upgrade to the next gen for $10... I believe Madden is one of those games.

Sep 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #17,012 of 48,564

Where is there you are?

Ohio?

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

Cool.  The T1 looks pretty cheap for an Amp and DAC.

I'm not nearly as picky about amps as your typical head-fier, and I won't describe any lavish differences between one amp and another.  But I'll check it out at the next meet. 
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #17,013 of 48,564
  Cool.  The T1 looks pretty cheap for an Amp and DAC.

I'm not nearly as picky about amps as your typical head-fier, and I won't describe any lavish differences between one amp and another.  But I'll check it out at the next meet. 
wink.gif

Hopefully someone at the next meet will have an iCan so I can hear the different switches in action. *wink wink*

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #17,014 of 48,564
Has anyone tried out he Turtle Beach XPSeven yet? More specifically have they tried the audio control unit with other headphones. If they make the audio controller and console adapter available as separate products it could very well be the best solution on the market. With dolby headphone chips costing less than $5 I find it hard to believe that no one has made a better attempt at a stand alone gaming headphone mixer.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #17,015 of 48,564

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

Can you please describe me the t1? How is the quality? I want to buy it in China for 110usd.
I'm currently using the E17, it it a considerably upgrade?

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #17,016 of 48,564
  Can you please describe me the t1? How is the quality? I want to buy it in China for 110usd.

The amp is pretty clean sounding. Doesn't color the music, does a good job of increasing separation a bit. It drives all the headphones I've had/have very well. The DAC sounds however you want it to sound, the tube definitely colors the music. I picked up the upgraded tube, not the stock version. I've been considering picking up different NOS tubes, but that's down the road for me. The one I got in the upgraded box sounds excellent to me. Compared to the DAC that's built into my Macbook, it adds a bit of warmth but not a huge amount. For gaming I don't use the DAC at all as I've been running the Recon3D to the T1 when I needed the amp. But currently my headset is the M-80 and I only use the T1 for music right now.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #17,017 of 48,564

The amp is pretty clean sounding. Doesn't color the music, does a good job of increasing separation a bit. It drives all the headphones I've had/have very well. The DAC sounds however you want it to sound, the tube definitely colors the music. I picked up the upgraded tube, not the stock version. I've been considering picking up different NOS tubes, but that's down the road for me. The one I got in the upgraded box sounds excellent to me. Compared to the DAC that's built into my Macbook, it adds a bit of warmth but not a huge amount. For gaming I don't use the DAC at all as I've been running the Recon3D to the T1 when I needed the amp. But currently my headset is the M-80 and I only use the T1 for music right now.

Thanks for the description, I will getting it soon. Since i don't have enough space left on my desk, I think the T1 is the most suitable one for me. I'm using it with the X1, hoping it will not add more bass qty, but I do need more separation. Gaming I will wait for more info if those DH devices can support ps4.
Tubes, I think on this thread they described few good ones.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq
At first I want to buy the Aune X1, but there are barely reviews for it and it seems the shop in china only has T1 stock.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #17,018 of 48,564
Has anyone tried out he Turtle Beach XPSeven yet? More specifically have they tried the audio control unit with other headphones. If they make the audio controller and console adapter available as separate products it could very well be the best solution on the market. With dolby headphone chips costing less than $5 I find it hard to believe that no one has made a better attempt at a stand alone gaming headphone mixer.

So glad you brought that up, I posted a couple of weeks ago trying to remember what the name of that device was. I would suggest waiting for the new DTS Headphone X products coming down the pipe end of this year supposedly.

-Erik

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #17,019 of 48,564
So my KSC75 and PX100 are on their way to wje to modify. I hope he gets it to work...

Sep 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #17,022 of 48,564
Yeah, placing the PX100 drivers into the KSC75 housing. Initially, I was gonna ask to put them into the 35's housing, but I use my 35 daily, and didn't wanna gut them when there was a perfectly good pair of KSC75s laying around as a spare incase something happened to my 35. So now, if/when wje gets it to work, I'll be able to compare between the 35 and the Kossheiser KSCPX175. :wink:

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #17,024 of 48,564
So AMD just announced their new line of graphic cards and... there's this one technology that is quite intriguing: TrueAudio.

Basically what it does is that it allows developers to program audio through the GPU. Extracting multi-channel cues and applying DSPs over it, HRTF is also a possibility without the need of OpenAL or something similar since it is all handled on the GPU's driver.

This also does mean that we could return to HRTF for PC games as developers don't have to worry about consumers having the proper soundcard and relying on Creative/Asus to provide proper driver support. The market for consumers having AMD GPUs are much, much higher than that of the soundcard market anyways.

It's a fancy moniker for AMD's take on virtual surround, but I'm all up for it if we can get some nice HRTF mixing going on in future games. The audio layer is AstoundSound, available as a plugin for wwise and fmod, so developers shouldn't face much issues in getting it to work.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #17,025 of 48,564
Funny thing is, I've been thinking about GPU-processed audio ever since GPGPU designs started becoming a reality about six years ago. I mean, if they can trace rays of light, how about tracing waves of sound like Aureal did in the late 1990s?

However, if it's exclusive to ATI/AMD, that's going to be a problem. Vendor-specific graphics card tech rarely sees much adoption, like ATI's old TRUFORM tessellation tech back in the Radeon 8500 days. NVIDIA's PhysX is a strange exception, possibly because it can still run on the CPU, albeit inefficiently and at reduced detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back