Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #16,996 of 48,562
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
36 months warranty about average to?

Philips USA offers 12 months so...

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #16,998 of 48,562
  So... I don't know why this hasn't been posted up yet but Creative has announced their SoundBlaster Omni, the successor to the Recon3D USB.
"PICTURE..."
http://asia.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-omni-surround-5-1
And sadly, it doesn't support DTS decoding and has is not usable with consoles.

Then it's not a Recon3D successor... it's the total opposite to it...

It kinda looks more like a successor  for the X-fi HD? (can't tell because I don't know the specs of that thing, creative site is not loading and I'm too lazy to search for it :) ).

Oh and BTW about my questions regarding creative recon 3D, creative respond the following:

Code:
 Thank you for contacting Creative. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. With reference to your email, I understand that you wish to know of you can adjust the balance between left and right channels when using the Sound Blaster Recon3D USB with an Xbox360. Please note that the options to mute and adjust the balance of stereo source is only available when connected to the computer using the Sound Blaster Recon3D control panel. When using your game console, you may want to check the audio settings of your game console for this option. Regarding the support for upcoming gaming consoles like PS4 and Xbox One, we regret that as these products are not yet officially released in the market, we are unable to confirm if the Recon3D USB will be fully compatible with these products. If you have further questions, comments or concerns please include them in your reply. Thank you. Best Regards,

Kepp Cool

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #16,999 of 48,562
I got my x1 for 296usd in Hk, but only got 12 months waranty.
36 months waranty is a good deal for 330usd, considering that x1 pads is not user replaceable and questionable connector quality. The long waranty also helps higher re-sale value.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #17,001 of 48,562
Whats a good sound card for the x1s
SoundBlaster z?

Haven't you already asked this question?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added/16575#post_9782152

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #17,002 of 48,562
  A lot of headphones on that site (Noisy Motel) that I know zero about.
But two you might look into, the Sound Magic HP100 and the Fischer Audio FA-011.

Hmm okay..

I'm really struggling to find what I want..

I've read countless threads on the internet and what makes it worse is I cannot go anywhere to try before I buy, So I'm pretty much relying on other's responses to what I'm chasing..

I'll say it one more time just in case others missed it ..

I'm after a FUN headphone that will immerse me in my game play (BF3 & GTA5 atm) I want good directional positioning as well as a nice kick to the bass for when there's explosions etc.

I'm located in Australia so prices here are a little bit more then the US..

HALP MEH! :)

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #17,003 of 48,562
Whats a good sound card for the x1s
Sound Blaster Z?

The Creative Sound Blaster Z (SB1500), $95, seem to be the best option, for around $100.

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #17,004 of 48,562
Hmm okay..

I'm really struggling to find what I want..

I've read countless threads on the internet and what makes it worse is I cannot go anywhere to try before I buy, So I'm pretty much relying on other's responses to what I'm chasing..

I'll say it one more time just in case others missed it ..

I'm after a FUN headphone that will immerse me in my game play (BF3 & GTA5 atm) I want good directional positioning as well as a nice kick to the bass for when there's explosions etc.

I'm located in Australia so prices here are a little bit more then the US..

HALP MEH! :)

I'm pretty sure that aussie got many headphone stores, just google it. Headphone stores in China and hk are rare, but I can still find it and tested many headphones.
I wished i can to go aussie and order unique melody ciem. Its very troublesome to order it from here, despite the factory is in China.
Chico, how is matrix m-stage amp? I got an offer for 180usd here and considering it besides aune t1 for 100usd.

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #17,005 of 48,562
Chico, how is matrix m-stage amp? I got an offer for 180usd here and considering it besides aune t1 for 100usd.

It's a good amp, better than other amps I've owned.  I don't know how it compares to the T1 though.

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #17,006 of 48,562

It's a good amp, better than other amps I've owned.  I don't know how it compares to the T1 though.

Aune T1 is a small tube. I never used one before, so its just my curiosity...

The matrix m-stage is very popular in here, and since I got a discount price, very tempted.
Some review said the Aune can drive the HD800 and sounds good too, assuming it can properly drive the akg k712 well too.
The problem is space. I don't have enough space on my table anymore, need To buy bigger table and spending more unnecessary money...

Sep 24, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #17,007 of 48,562
The M-stage is a fairly long amp, so I guess take that into account.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #17,008 of 48,562

Haha

Yes.  I've noticed that as well.  How can their ears take that much volume?

*Person gives me a headphone then turns the volume several "o'clocks" past comfortable listening level*
Person:  So...how does this headphone sound to you?
Me:  Hmm....LOUD!!  

That's not too far off from the price difference here.

MA900 ~$189
K712    ~$385

Where is there you are?

Now through Sept. 15th, get $115 off the NEW K712 PRO with coupon code RAZORDOGK712

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Thanks.

I am greatly anticipating the possibility, I asked Creative's social media team a question about using their products on a Mac and console, like an update to the Recon3D USB, and they hinted that there may be something to address that "trend that is clearly growing" and I might hear from them in the coming months. I don't think it's been long enough yet, not been quite a month yet since that email, but I am anticipating great things. In the meantime, I am re-acquiring a Recon3D USB and I intend to compare them someday.
The fact that you aren't a native English speaker, yet you used the word "manifesting," makes you awesome in my view.
smily_headphones1.gif

Among the headphones you listed, with your preferences, I would suggest either the Sony or AKG headphone. Everyone so far has been surprisingly pleased with the MA900, it gives you everything you need and is very easy to live with, but the AKG provides that extra 2% of wow that will spoil you from anything less.

Am I awesome? Sorry but I don't think so. I just made a lot of use of the Google Translator.
biggrin.gif
 This what I'm writing here right now is, in much of, supported by it. Even so, thanks. I'm still not understanding whether that word was suitable. Whatever. It may be because both Portuguese and English make much use of Latin words. e.g. In Portuguese, we have the verb "manifestar". I think this is a cognate. Two languages ​​and the same word. It's funny, is not it? Once again, thank you so much for your reply. 
smily_headphones1.gif

One point that makes me look more likely to the Sony than the AKG is the fact that the former is much easier to drive. Furthermore, there is the price point. Do you think it's a good idea to use the same headset for PC and console? If so, the MA900 has advantage because I intend to use it with a Sound Blaster Z series. As its amplification is enough good for the Sony but is not for AKG, and as it is not a good idea to use an external amp with SB-Z...

A more question: Do you or anyone know whether NFL Madden for PS3 will be avaiable for streaming for PS4?

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #17,009 of 48,562

If you ever want to borrow my T1 I could drive it up one day. Grab a bite at that BBQ place in town. I plan to bring it to the next meet, since I'll be going out of my way to make that one. A quick note, the amp is SS, the tube is only for the DAC and can only be used through USB. But for a cheap little amp (I got mine for just over $100) it can put out 1W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back