Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #16,606 of 48,562
So, it seems having a little more income has proven to be much more expensive, lol.

Xero, I know what you mean. How'd you like Bioshock Infinite? I'm up for watching a little DotA 2, I haven't found a mentor or fellow noob to play with/learn from yet.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #16,607 of 48,562
So, it seems having a little more income has proven to be much more expensive, lol.

Xero, I know what you mean. How'd you like Bioshock Infinite? I'm up for watching a little DotA 2, I haven't found a mentor or fellow noob to play with/learn from yet.

If I may interject with my own thoughts, I'm in the middle of Bioshock Infinite and I'm absolutely loving it. Picked it up the day it came out for Mac. The story is pulling me in so much it's almost nuts. I'm also loving the atmosphere of the game a lot more than I did the feel of the original Bioshock. Plus, it's absolutely wonderful zipping around Columbia on the rails and then launching down on top of someone. I began playing the game in stereo, and I can already hear the groans of the others in this thread. But I didn't have my Recon3D at the time to try surround with the game. And right off the bat, around the point where I was coming up to the lottery I found myself greatly missing the surround sound effect. Even though nothing critical was going on, just simply the music from the fairgrounds moving left to right felt so unnatural. But again, this is all due to me playing in stereo.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #16,608 of 48,562
AxelCloris,
A welcome interjection.
I just noticed Newegg has a discount on an Infinity download code... $16. Of course, I just re bought a Recon3D USB myself (I can already hear the groans... Jk guys!) and a few other treats, and I must cool down the wallet exercise for a little while. Bioshock: Infinity, Metro: Last Light, Borderlands 2, and even Destiny are on my "definite buy" list, but I have a backlog of other awesome games I bought to play too (Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Knights of the Old Republic (probably will play on Mac), KotOR 2 (must play on PC, with troubleshooting, sadly), Dishonored, the last few levels of Tomb Raider after windows needed to be re-installed mid-game, Batman Arkham City for the 360...).

Also, awesome new logo, loving the effort.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #16,609 of 48,562
If you do pick up BL2 and you're playing on PC/Mac I'd love to play with you sometime. I'm on steam under the same name. Easy to find. If you have Skyrim and ME3 ahead of you, you're in for some major treats. ME3 has one of the best stories in years. Notice how I didn't say endings. :wink: And Skyrim is far and away my favorite open world RPG just after Fallout: New Vegas. Dishonored I have in my queue as well, but I haven't touched it yet. I was planning to before Bioshock: Infinite, but when they released the Mac client through Steam, I installed it and went on my merry way.

I love the logo myself as well. Unfortunately I cannot take any credit for the design. I was talking with an industrial design buddy of mine, trying to get a little inspiration from him to create one. Between leaving work and coming home, he sends me a file, "something like this?" I absolutely love the work he put into it. It's almost creepy how there are several subtle layers to it that convey something about me but aren't necessarily obvious or direct. So what started out as an aside between friends turned into him getting an inspiration and creating this. Wish I could take credit for it; but credit where it's due, it was all him.

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #16,610 of 48,562
I would love one of those for my youtube channel avatar. :wink:

I seriously need an editor...

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #16,611 of 48,562
Axel,
I played the first few missions, feels like a refreshing change of pace, I find myself morally challenged to replay missions over and over not to kill anyone innocent, but even that gets challenged... and it has the same feel of smart, polished gameplay design like in Beyond Good and Evil. Once I get BL2, I'll take you up on your offer :wink:

Mad,
Are you asking, or just talking? :wink:

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #16,612 of 48,562
I would love one of those for my youtube channel avatar.
wink.gif

I seriously need an editor...

An program to edit the videos? A person to edit them? A person to edit your writing?

I don't have a degree in Electronic Media specializing in Audio Engineering and Video Production for nothing. :p

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #16,613 of 48,562
An program to edit the videos? A person to edit them? A person to edit your writing?

I don't have a degree in Electronic Media specializing in Audio Engineering and Video Production for nothing. :p

Oh, I thought you did it for fun?

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #16,614 of 48,562
The Koss KSC75's and a AntLion modmic seem like the dreamteam pair for budget gaming, total of about $45 on Amazon. A bit more and maybe I could get the Skull Candy Slyr but I might miss out on the "directionality is accurate" of the KSC75's also their clip-on comfort, cool and lightweight.

The lightweight and cool is key, I currently use Logitech's Ultimate Ear signature UE6000 which I love their looks, the noice cancelling, bundled splitter, case and in-line remote for smartphones. The UE6000 have been heaven for me except I cant wear them long before my ears ache, the driver presses onto my ears and disappointing because the heat.

I'm planning on downgrading to get the light KSC75's because I need comfort even though I'm sacrificing a bunch by switching from my UE6000. Still questioning between that dreamteam KSC75+modmic  or Skullcandy SLYR whatcha guys think has better comfort?

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #16,615 of 48,562
If you've never used a clip on, it might take a little while before the Koss clips become a non-issue. Like a few days to a week. After that, its like youre not wearing anything.

The Slyr is incredibly comfy, though you may have to tuck your ears in to get them inside the cups, instead of just letting the pads rest on the ears.

Overall, the Koss is more comfy (THE most comfortable of all headphones for me, while the MA900 and Siberia v1 are the most comfy fullsized for me ). I dunno how you plan on attaching the mod mic though. Not much area on the clip ons, lol.

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #16,617 of 48,562
The Sportapro headband assembly sucks though. Still, I would definitely recommend getting the Sportapro just to snap off the KSC35 drivers that it comes with, and using those with either the Parts express headband or Yuin G1A/KSC75 clips.

Speaking of, I need to reacquire some Yuin clips.

As always, if you get the KSC75, make sure to bend in the drivers closer to the clips, as in their default state, there is a lot of distance between the driver and your ear, and you'll lose a lot of bass, and make them very treble oriented. The closer the KSC75 is pressed to the ear, the better.

Sep 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #16,618 of 48,562

Yeah i'm trying to convince myself the upgrade to a bifrost uber to match the asgard 2 but maybe i won't even hear the difference between that and the Titanium HD. Although an Fiio e17 would be nice for a work/commute setup but i hear they are buggy with android so i'm waiting out for the e18. 

Bioshock Infinite was pretty great. Alot shorter than i expected def much better with the 3D sound since the AI LOVES to flank you (stupid crow soldiers). Sorta unexpected ending since i was a fan of the original Bioshock game (I was pretty giddy when the referenced it). Can't wait for the Burial at Sea DLC. 

Been playing dota since the wc3 mod and i never really made it past just a casual gamer. My skills just never get past a certain point so i'm pretty noob friendly. add me up on steam and we can setup some bot matches (same as head-fi name). 

Also i'm pretty tempted to get a mixamp for my ps3 since GTA5 will be out in the next couple weeks and It'll give me a reason to plug in the PS3 lol. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #16,619 of 48,562
Finished Infinite myself (my first full playthrough of a Bioshock game, since I didn't like the other two).

Did NOT like the ending... but yeah, other than all that stuff in the end (started disliking it once they went to the Asylum), I enjoyed the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back