Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #16,518 of 48,562
Mitch, man, hit the edit button instead of posting multiple times. PLEASE.

^This one on the left.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #16,519 of 48,562
Change, I didn't put the MA900 in the inner carton thing because.... well I don't even know how it goes, lol. But I placed other crap in there to protect it.... hopefully.

Hahaha... it all fell out because I did not expect it to be inside the HP box, itself. It did keep them well protected, though. Great packaging I must say. And I'm digging the bag it came with...

They are on my head, right, now. Man, these things are COMFORTABLE! Probably the most comfortable headphone I have ever worn on my head. It's like they are not even there...

As for the sound, by listening to some tracks my first impressions are this... how much do these cost again? You are completely right about these being a budget Annie... similar sound sig with massive open space but not as technically refined. I wish I had them to compare. Still, this kind of sound and comfort for such a small open can is a bargain!

Will do a lot of gaming later and over the weekend... and keep the rest of my impressions based on that. I like my music to sound somewhat closed in like a studio so I don't want to be too biased with my impressions. My Mad Dogs are put away for the weekend because of so.

I agree with you on wishing these had a detachable cable. It really is the only gripe I have with these...

Are you a midnight security guard too?? @_@

Naw, just a person that just hit 30 and went back to school so I'm usually mentally exhausted by the end of the week. No classes or work on Fridays so I sleeps in as much as I can... when I can...
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #16,521 of 48,562
A pity the ma900 lacks subbass, definitely made me curious.

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #16,522 of 48,562
Mad, using the MA900 on the mixamp do you have the game volume on full? 75%? 50%? I was able to get rid of that static sound with the main knob by turning it back n forth for a minute or so... so I'm using it to adjust volume, now.

Sep 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #16,523 of 48,562
Change,
I know how you feel, work + school IS exhausting, and I just can't skip sleep like I used to. All the more kudos to you and pride you should feel in deciding to get the degree. Also, I now have more insight to why you have practically no money, LOL!

Mitch,
I'll tell you IF you promise to edit a post instead of making a stream of posts :wink: The more posts you make, the more it buries the posts of others, so it's more polite to condense several questions into one post.

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #16,524 of 48,562
Change, I didn't put the MA900 in the inner carton thing because.... well I don't even know how it goes, lol.

The bottom of the carton thing folds out and opens up, which gives you room to shove the headphones into the indented spot.  The you fold it back closed and it sort of hugs the headphones in place a little.

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #16,525 of 48,562
Hi!
I am looking for suggestions on if it's possible to upgrade my existing setup to something better for dual PC/Xbox gaming. 

Existing setup:
- Xbox > Mixamp > ATH-AD700's
- PC soundcard > ATH-AD700's

What I am thinking of going to:
- Xbox > Mixamp > FiiO E12 > AKG K702's
- PC > FiiO E12 > AKG K702's

Currently I have to unplug my headset from the mixamp/pc when I want to switch, but I don't know if that's the only solution going forward or if there is a way to get a switch or hook the mixamp up to both the PC/Xbox and have it auto or play both outputs.

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #16,526 of 48,562
Hi!
I am looking for suggestions on if it's possible to upgrade my existing setup to something better for dual PC/Xbox gaming. 

Existing setup:
- Xbox > Mixamp > ATH-AD700's
- PC soundcard > ATH-AD700's

What I am thinking of going to:
- Xbox > Mixamp > FiiO E12 > AKG K702's
- PC > FiiO E12 > AKG K702's

Currently I have to unplug my headset from the mixamp/pc when I want to switch, but I don't know if that's the only solution going forward or if there is a way to get a switch or hook the mixamp up to both the PC/Xbox and have it auto or play both outputs.

Thanks!
If that's a decent sound card, you'd be degrading the PC audio experience significantly by replacing it with the E12.

Are the PC and Xbox next to each other? What I do for my consoles is route my SU-DH1's output into my capture card or sound card audio inputs, then configure them to output that audio through my PC's audio output.

It works for me because they use the same monitor and I keep my PC on at all times, but you may not find it as suitable.

Alternatively, there are amps with multiple inputs you can switch between without messing with cables.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #16,529 of 48,562
if you keep putting like 5 posts in a row, people will most likely get irritated and block you and then you wont get your future questions read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back