Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #16,381 of 48,564
Quote:
That's what I thought the K712 would be, an upgraded K240. I notice there was no mention of the big 10khz spike in the treble of the K240 and it's tendency to overemphasize sibilance because of it.

I didn't really hear sibilance on the K240, so I didn't mention it.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #16,383 of 48,564
Quote:

The Q701 has drier peakier mids than the Anniversary, which in turn has drier peakier mids than the K712.  The main issue with the Q701s timbre is the mids being a bit too thin and dry.   The Anniversary fixes that some and gives them greater body and smoothness.  The K712 takes it slightly further, but not too much.  I personally prefer the timbre on both the Anniversary and K712 to the Q701.  Between the Anniversary and K712, a slight edge to the K712.

The K712 doesn't change the soundstage too much.  I think it will still be oval shaped.  I can't remember the AD700s soundstage depth.  I thought the MA900 was oval shaped too.  Depth is tricky to pull of.  The T1s and HD800s had nice depth
tongue.gif

Chico (or any new K712Pro owners),

Great review/impressions of the K712 and very much appreciated.  Well, actually you guys are constantly making me look for the next best thing so not so appreciated....Damn Head-Fi! LOL.
My question actually concerns the competitive gaming prowess of the K712.  I currently own the D7000 for single player and movies and the Annie for online multi-player so would the K712 or even the Sony Ma900 improve on the competitive performance of the Annie (since I recall you mention the improved soundstage, albeit w/ less air)?  It seems that they may not see much benefit from the Annie but, wanted some first hand knowledge before curiosity gets the better of me.

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #16,384 of 48,564
Quote:
Chico (or any new K712Pro owners),

Great review/impressions of the K712 and very much appreciated.  Well, actually you guys are constantly making me look for the next best thing so not so appreciated....Damn Head-Fi! LOL.
My question actually concerns the competitive gaming prowess of the K712.  I currently own the D7000 for single player and movies and the Annie for online multi-player so would the K712 or even the Sony Ma900 improve on the competitive performance of the Annie (since I recall you mention the improved soundstage, albeit w/ less air)?  It seems that they may not see much benefit from the Annie but, wanted some first hand knowledge before curiosity gets the better of me.

Going from the Anniversary to the K712 just for multiplayer gaming won't be worth it.  Any changes will be too subtle for that.  Same with the MA900s, except IMO they're a minor step down from the Anniversary, so I wouldn't go that route if you already have the Anniversary.

You could stick angled pads on the Anniversaries which which will make it better for sound whoring.

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #16,390 of 48,564
It's warmer.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/659251/the-akg-k712-pro-support-and-appreciation-thread

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #16,392 of 48,564

Hey Mad

have a guy wanting to sell Set STAX SR-507 and SRM-323S here in Brazil...I read sometime ago you were looking for Stax is that one?

http://www.htforum.com/vb/showthread.php/214018-Conjunto-STAX-SR-507-e-SRM-323S

selling for 4000 reais is + - $ 1,600

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #16,393 of 48,564
I love the Stax, but I can't afford any. And if I were ever to get one, I want the SR-007. Of course, the SR-009 would be a dream come true.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #16,394 of 48,564
So I got the K-702 Annies. THEY ARE AMAZING.... They blow away my ****ty dr dre beat Mixrs. I have only worn them for an hour, but you barely feel like they are on. Which is especially good since I wear glasses.

The only purchase I am not sure of so far is the KEF M200 Hi-Fi Earphones

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/aiaiai/products/kef-m200-hi-fi-earphones

Has anyone used these? I am can't tell  the difference between this and the Iphone 5. These are harder to wear and keep on coming out of my ear. Should I push it into my canal deeply? Or am I just using them wrong? I connected them to my phone and kindle and they feel slightly under-powered. 

Was hoping these would be better for gym, walking the city, etc

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #16,395 of 48,564
Glad the Annie is working out for you. I love them... a LOT.

As for the KEF... I can't ever justify spending so much on IEMs. That's what my Koss clip ons are for, and they're stellar, and cheap.

Was hoping the Yuin G1A would blow them away, but they were less musical than I wanted, though they were quite a bit more refined. The bass was rough though. It was grainy, and crackled.

I would totally buy another high end clip on....if someone actually made them.

I was close to buying the iGrado, but I thought they'd probably not fit my head, and I heard it's not comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back