Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #15,361 of 48,562
Quote:
It doesn't even look like it has padding... Supposedly it has memory foam pads? Whats the sound on it like?

Lol, I thought that at first. The stock pics don't do it any justice. Here's a quote from the review...

"The memory foam pads are a delight. The clamp is minimal."

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #15,363 of 48,562
Not that i know of. I think there was one not too long ago, but it was like Tallahassee. Screw that drive. Lol.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #15,364 of 48,562
Depending on what kind of tech company, it may or may not fall under a conflict of interests. I believe I remember you got the V-moda partner discount after getting the job, so your company must do resale of some kind. So if you're selling USB sound cards, that's normally viewed as fine. In most retail situations, many manufacturers will give you a discount on their products, sometimes even stuff for free, in order for you to familiarize yourself with it. The better you understand a product, the better and more likely you'll be to sell one. Now if your company makes a USB sound card and sells it, that could be viewed differently. If you made your own USB sound cards that you sold, it would definitely be a COI.

If you're worried, a quick question to a superior can clear that up easily. Back in 2006 Panasonic gave me a $2300 discount on a 50" plasma. Did I sell a bunch of them after that? You bet I did. Because my time with it I learned all the neat hidden features. Now at that point, the only plasma that was better on the market was the Pioneer Elite at more than double the price. I got free Monster products as well. I still use their power conditioner to this day. Perks for working for Magnolia Home Theater, and that's just how the business works. But again, when in doubt, ask.

Thanks for your reply.
It's kind of gray, possibly a COI because they were going to "let me test it" assumedly for free, but possibly not a COI because they don't know where I work and were just extending the offer to a user. I forwarded the email to my manager, and basically we decided it's too dark a gray to risk. We don't make competing products, but we do make some sources, and who knows what our future business would be?
So, much as I'd love free stuff, I'm just going to say I can't test it but I would be happy to buy and suggest the device be added to our company discount program. Seems the most honest and transparent way to be.

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #15,369 of 48,562
Quote:
What exactly does a lush, organic, full sounding headphone sounds like?

Well, it's an attempt to describe something that is hard to quantify. I guess another way to word the description is there is a fair amount of bass and mids, a lush amount details are there but because of the "fullness and body" of the mids and bass the details don't stand starkly out by themselves but as part of the whole, and it's organic because different notes transition pleasantly into the next. So overall, not the most revealing headphone, but still good and pleasant to listen to for entertainment.
Quote:
Can the Q701 6.3mm jack be switch to 3.5mm?

The Q701 cables end in typical 3.5mm plugs, and the headphone comes with a 3.5mm-to-6.3mm plug adapter. So, the included cables have the smaller, more typical plug, and the adapter makes it like the bigger plug.

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #15,370 of 48,562
Quote:
Quote:
What exactly does a lush, organic, full sounding headphone sounds like?

Well, it's an attempt to describe something that is hard to quantify. I guess another way to word the description is there is a fair amount of bass and mids, a lush amount details are there but because of the "fullness and body" of the mids and bass the details don't stand starkly out by themselves but as part of the whole, and it's organic because different notes transition pleasantly into the next. So overall, not the most revealing headphone, but still good and pleasant to listen to for entertainment.
Quote:
Can the Q701 6.3mm jack be switch to 3.5mm?

The Q701 cables end in typical 3.5mm plugs, and the headphone comes with a 3.5mm-to-6.3mm plug adapter. So, the included cables have the smaller, more typical plug, and the adapter makes it like the bigger plug.

Quote:
Quote:
Switched? Probably, if you make a custom cable.

It comes with a 6.3 mm to 3.5 mm adaptor though. :D

Something like this:

Ahh excellent! Thank you! miceblue! Hopefully the guy I bought the Q701 from still have the adapter lol, I wanna use it on my PC.

Oh yeah, Evshrug is correct. The Q 701 is terminated with a regular 3.5 jack, whereas the K 701 is terminated with the larger 6.5 mm one. They both come with an adaptor for the other size plug though. XD

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #15,371 of 48,562
Do NOT use that 6.3 to 3.5mm adapter, unless you wanna potentially ruin whatever jack you plug it into. Get the Sennheiser or Grado adapter, which has a small cable, relieving some of the stress/tension put on the headphone jack by thise bad adapters.

Jul 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #15,372 of 48,562
If you have a Q701 don't get any adapter. You just unthread the end and it's then 3.5mm.

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #15,373 of 48,562
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.

So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #15,374 of 48,562
The 990 pro is very low end heavy. If you want more, then you're just a basshead. The x1 has less bass than the 990 pro.

Might wanna look into the 770 Pro 80. Though you're gonna sacrifice sound quality for more bass.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #15,375 of 48,562
Thanks for such a wonderful guide. It led me to initially purchase a DT 990 pro as I wanted a decent all rounder for competition and immersion. I enjoy them however I feel as though I want a little more out of the bottom end as I'm now playing much more single player and using them for music.

So my question is whether or not it would be worth trading them in for an x1. Sounds like they have a similar signature with a bit more of that deep bass I'm looking for. After selling my 3ds xl and the 990s I can pretty much get them for nothing.

I was able to get more sub bass (30hz thump) out of the X1's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back