Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 24, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #13,771 of 48,562
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits. 
size]

May 24, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #13,772 of 48,562
guess this got glossed over so posting one more time

@mle

is the bass similar/better than he-400? thanks

Similar. Dont have them to A/B, but they have a similar level of presence and impact, fwir.

May 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #13,775 of 48,562
@mle

how is the weight of the mad dog compared to the he-400 if you remember?

May 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #13,777 of 48,562
The HA-S500s are the bassiest headphones I have heard in my life. These are so uncomfortable without the HM5 mod (easiest mod in the world, all you do is replace the earpads), which should cost you less then then $90 after all is said and done. Don't know if It'll feel like a subwoofer, with movie audio, though. Dubstep sounds like it has a really really loud subwoofer attached, though.

Edit: Note, when I say these are uncomfortable without the mod, I mean I find the HD 280s comfortable, and MLE gave those a 1 for comfort. MLE, you need to get these just so I can find out what score you'd give them.

+1
Default pads are a bit uncomfortable at first and they really did hurt my ears, especially the left one for some reason. Believe me though, when I say that the more you use them, the less they'll hurt because they'll slowly take the right shape! At the moment, I can wear them for about 2-3 hours with no problem whatsoever.

The bass is of a very high quality and doesn't get in the way at all! The mids are very clear and treble is a tinsy bit recessed. I'm in love with these cans honestly. :)

May 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #13,779 of 48,562
Hi, I recently bought Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and I want to bring that surround experience into my ears. So I was looking for surround sound headsets.
I'm also using a MSI GE60 notebook as my gaming machine. So I don't know about its onboard sound quality which has THX TruStudio Pro drivers on it (I don't know if it tells something).

The place where I'm at several different prices for the headsets I'm considering. People often suggest Astro A40/A50's but it's not available in my area. Also Turtle Beach isn't available too. So my options are as follows:

Corsair Vengeance 1500 (165$)
Plantronics Gamescom 780 (102$)
SteelSeries Siberia V2  USB (170$)

These are my first options, there are also:

Sennheiser PC 360 (255$)
Sennheiser PC 363d (325$)

So PC 360 is one of the favorites, but a bit pricey. So between the first three, which one you choose? Or should I really get PC 360.

My main concern is the surround sound quality, I want a realistic sound production from the phones.

May 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #13,780 of 48,562
I have the pc360 and that would be my vote they have a nice soundstage, nice detail and bass is neutral. Good sense of space and airiness. While gaming I can get a few extra kills just based on sound whoring with Dolby enabled. There are better headphones available for the price with standalone mic, but as a headset they are great. The pc363d is pretty much the same headset except cosmetics altered and a dac included. I personally don't think the extra $ is worth it unless you are skimping on $ and don't already have a dac substitute.

May 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #13,783 of 48,562
The D7000 is the most cinematic headphone I've used. It produces bass like no other headohone I have heard, while maintaining clarity. If it's movie theater type bass without destroying the quality everywhere else, hunt for some D7000s.

Wow, I'd love to hear the theaters you guys go to! Sometimes a Michael Bay movie or the like will reach down into the bass, but I wouldn't say he theaters have great bass. They can go lower than most speakers, but when I'm there and hearing it these days I'm often thinking about how much distortion there is, stress in the speaker's efforts even after they upgraded to the DLP projectors and refurbished the theaters and stuff.

My memory is a bit fainter on the $15.50 per ticket theater down at the Waterfront, but in general I've cut down on going to the theater a lot because it was relatively inexpensive to own better than average AV equipment and have a more satisfying movie experience at home. Better popcorn too. I had an almost godly experience watching Star Trek and Terminator 2 with my AKG's, and my Polk Audio 2.1 setup is pretty great even though it is smoother and so-far not a surround setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back