Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #12,046 of 48,562
Nice Chico.
I just felt bad, and was trying to think of some way to balance things out.

Mad,
I did enjoy them, especially with some tracks, and I did listen more to give them more of a fair chance after Calpis said he wasn't in a huge rush via PM. Black Ops' music injections in multiplayer stood out to me along with the regular gaming audio. I didn't think I'd have them this long though. I was also hoping to pick up new wooden side panels for my tube amp from the post office - I've had their "sign to give permission to leave package" card filled out and taped to my front door since the 26th, but they didn't drop it off. The post office is really hurting for business in our area... wonder why? UPS ships through a local business that is a little out of the way, but that could be an option too.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #12,047 of 48,562
Ouch, my bad Ev, I really should have mentioned that Mad sold them like a day later after that pm. I'll take less time with them though, I have to house sit on Friday anyways so I wouldn't even be able to use them for the weekend.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #12,048 of 48,562
Nice pic Chico.. what focal length/aperture are you using?

Mad- Fingers crossed for you bro... 

50mm f/1.8? Maybe f/2

Calpis,
The best camera is the one you have with you, right?
I'm really sorry... Also, I would think house sitting would be the perfect opportunity to listen to headphones?

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #12,049 of 48,562
I have an old Nikon D1 dslr but it's a pain to use because the batteries suck for that thing. It also needs a good sensor cleaning. Also have a Canon/Kodak D2000 that's impossible to find batteries/chargers for. I like my Sony though, but its weird shape and 128mb max capacity makes it a pain to use outside. The pics that Mad used for the Q's were from my Sony.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #12,050 of 48,562
Oooooh, the D1 was a classy piece of kit, and I used to have an Olympus E500 that had a really special quality to the color with it's Kodak sensor and finely-tuned tone balance. Many of the Panasonic sensors have a weird green tinge, especially in blues that, you know, never show up because the sky isn't blue or anything. Totally uninterested in the E-P3 generation of Olympus cameras because the color is off, though the OM-D is a beaut which I think was a collaboration between Olympus and Sony.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #12,051 of 48,562
Quote:
I'll find out if I won the D7000 in about 8 hours...

Are you auto-sniping it?

Quote:
Pffft! You guys and your fancy DSLR photos. I'll be taking pics of it with my Sony DSC-F707. PSHAWWW

LOL

I remember that old camera. 
tongue_smile.gif

Back then I decided to go with a Pansonic FZ10 super zoom instead.  432mm zoom at constant f 2.8 with IS!  I loved that old thing.

Quote:
Nice pic Chico.. what focal length/aperture are you using?

Thanks. 

EXIF says that one was 135mm @ 5.6 (surprisingly)

I've got some hawt shots of the K702 anniversary coming up too...(view original size if you dare
evil_smiley.gif
)

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #12,052 of 48,562
Quote:
50mm f/1.8? Maybe f/2

Speaking of apertures...

Which type of pic do you guys like better on headphones: shallow DOF or greater DOF?

I took some both ways.  Here's a gif of both types....

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #12,053 of 48,562
Nah. I dont wann pay more than $650. If I don't win, I'm okay with that.

CHICO, PUT YOUR QS FOR SALE. :D

Was watching a movie today, and the Annie pads really showed a marked improvement in immersion compared to the Q pads. Like it sounded similar, but the bass met with the mids, whereas the Q pads had similar sounding bass IF I raised the volume waaaay up, to the point of it making mids and treble ear shatteringly loud.

I personally don't see any reason to own Q pads, as the small benefit of air doesn't compare to the benefit of a fuller l, more fleshed out sound. ANNIE BABY

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #12,054 of 48,562
Quote:
Nah. I dont wann pay more than $650. If I don't win, I'm okay with that.

CHICO, PUT YOUR QS FOR SALE.
biggrin.gif

Was watching a movie today, and the Annie pads really showed a marked improvement in immersion compared to the Q pads. Like it sounded similar, but the bass met with the mids, whereas the Q pads had similar sounding bass IF I raised the volume waaaay up, to the point of it making mids and treble ear shatteringly loud.

I personally don't see any reason to own Q pads, as the small benefit of air doesn't compare to the benefit of a fuller l, more fleshed out sound. ANNIE BABY

As soon as the weekend is through, I going to sell them.  It'll be sad to see them go. 
frown.gif

But I'm still buying the angled pads at $15 a piece. 
evil_smiley.gif

For instrumental music, that air can be really important sometimes. 
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #12,055 of 48,562
For $15, it's an easy choice. I would too, if I felt I ever needed them.

7 more hours! Once that auction is over, I'll be getting some Lawton lambskin leather pads for the D7K. Assuming all goes well, lol.

Edit: bah, outbid. All bids are coming in now. Lol $810. Forget that. I'd hold out on an LCD2 for that price...

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #12,056 of 48,562
Somehow, I get a feeling that your very praise for the D7000s is what's driving the price up, along with their discontinuation.

I've probably done the same thing to vintage Stax setups for all I know, given that a typical Normal bias Lambda will sell for a pretty penny these days...the very model I want most.

Still selling those HE-400s, even with that D7000 having slipped your grasp?

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #12,057 of 48,562
Yeah, the HE400 has been sold for days now. The buyer knows he has to wait though.

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #12,058 of 48,562
Quote:
Pulled the trigger on this http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00193FT26/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
But have been reading a little in the beyerdynamic dt 990 2005 edition thread, and a light just powered on. Is the version i have ordered, an OLD model???

Or is that one the newest?

Anyone knows this?.

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #12,059 of 48,562
Seeing how quickly Amazon's turn around on products is  (at least here in the US), I would highly doubt that they would have a 2005 model laying around; unless it was through a 3rd party seller. Do you know the return policies of amazon.de? If its anything like its US counterpart then exchanges are fairly easy and painless, should the need to return them arise. 

Yeah, the HE400 has been sold for days now. The buyer knows he has to wait though.

Small price to pay for such a great deal on the HE's. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #12,060 of 48,562
Quote:

Speaking of apertures...

Which type of pic do you guys like better on headphones: shallow DOF or greater DOF?

I took some both ways.  Here's a gif of both types....

I'd have to go with the greater dof.... the back bokeh doesn't pull my interest as much as the detail in the serial#... just my opinion fwiw. The plain white background might have something to do with it though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back