Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #10,771 of 48,562
Wanting chicolom's setup, I ended up hunting down a 32" Sammy instead of his 40" (smaller so my eyeball won't burn), same model series, TS01 panel at Best Buy on clearance for $379.99.  For those who want a 40", Costco has them with TS02 panel for a bit over $500.  Costco also has the Sylvania Mosaic Flexible Light strip that look identical to the ones he has, but only at $29.99 for four 2-feet strips.  I swear, even the remote is identical in color and button layout to his.  I'm installing it on a 55" Vizio so I ended up getting an additional two 2-feet extension kit on Amazon for $16.99.  I'm going to get another kit from Costco just for the 32" Sammy.

Nice.

Have you been eyeing my posts on AVS forum?  :wink:

Good find on that "Sylvania Mosaic Flexible Light strip".  That looks pretty similar to the one I've got.  I'll have to bookmark that in case I need more.  I'm not seeing it for less than $40 online though, so maybe it's only $29 at the store.

Yeah I have and they've been very helpful thank you very much. I've only seen it in store. It will sell out soon in my area because I'm gonna go buy it all and put it behind all my monitors and TVs at my place and my folks, muhahaha :)

Jan 13, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #10,772 of 48,562
Quote:
Yeah I have and they've been very helpful thank you very much. I've only seen it in store. It will sell out soon in my area because I'm gonna go buy it all and put it behind all my monitors and TVs at my place and my folks, muhahaha
smily_headphones1.gif

evil_smiley.gif
beerchug.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #10,773 of 48,562
Why do they have to make this stuff so expensive?! Id love to get the HD800, the stax 009, the HE-6, the LCDs - 3, hell even the HD 700.

Worst Part... i want all of them :D.

When i joined this site i thought "Sorry about my wallet? maybe once" But this damn thing is a Drug!
Right now im thinking i should sell the HE-400 Asap and try to get the Auden LCD 3.... or the HE-6... Damn.

Whatever, my next buy goes to Visuals or a PC.... need tog et away from this site for a year or so...

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #10,774 of 48,562
My Compass 2 tracking says its here for delivery.... gah, the wait!

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #10,775 of 48,562
I feel your pain in relation to my Annies.  They arrived in town last friday night around midnight, but since they're getting delivered to my work, I've had to wait all weekend to get them.  Finally they're out for delivery today!

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #10,776 of 48,562
Yay, my Annies just arrived!  I can't wait to use them tonight.

I gotta say, though Mad; even though you obviously sold me on them with your early impressions, I'm still eager to read your final review.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #10,777 of 48,562
Quote:
I want to sell my creative extigy. Where would that go in the for sale part here? Which thread?

Source Components For Sale/Trade.

That's where all sound cards and DACs go, along with portable devices. I've seen smartphones, gaming handhelds, and even full-blown laptops sold there.

In other news, speaking of buying things:

-That keyboard case I ordered for my Galaxy S III finally arrived. However, in practice, I find it to be a bit kludgy if you're trying to use it in a handheld fashion because it's just a flap of pleather that hinges the actual case part and the flap that the keyboard itself rests on, meaning it's kind of wobbly. A slide-out design would've worked better, preferably portrait orientation as that's how I use it most of the time and blocking off the camera and speakerphone without compromising keyboard space would be significantly less of an issue.

It is significantly more practical as a laptop orientation stand, however; the case can prop up the GS3 itself, and since the keyboard's Bluetooth, it's wireless. Sticks on with velcro, so you can take it off and plop it on with ease without having to worry about it not getting a good grip.

Also, typing on a thumbboard of this size is a hell of a lot nicer than putting up with on-screen keyboards, and I don't lose valuable screen space.

-I pulled the trigger on that video capture card I was talking about earlier. Can't wait to see first-hand how it does my numerous consoles justice...

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #10,778 of 48,562
Has anyone gotten their hands on 2013 a40s? They are supposedly an improvement over previous years. I'm wondering how they compare to the PC 360s, as the Sennheiser set seems to be aging a bit. And I'm not talking just the Mixamp; the headset itself is supposed to have been improved. Astro claims better acoustics. To quote directly from the website, "The new 2013 edition of the A40 Audio System combines an acoustically improved A40 Headset with our updated MixAmp™ Pro to bring you the next-gen audio experience."

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #10,780 of 48,562
Quote:
Yay, my Annies just arrived!  I can't wait to use them tonight.

I gotta say, though Mad; even though you obviously sold me on them with your early impressions, I'm still eager to read your final review.

I am too.
Quote:

Source Components For Sale/Trade.

That's where all sound cards and DACs go, along with portable devices. I've seen smartphones, gaming handhelds, and even full-blown laptops sold there.

In other news, speaking of buying things:

-That keyboard case I ordered for my Galaxy S III finally arrived. However, in practice, I find it to be a bit kludgy if you're trying to use it in a handheld fashion because it's just a flap of pleather that hinges the actual case part and the flap that the keyboard itself rests on, meaning it's kind of wobbly. A slide-out design would've worked better, preferably portrait orientation as that's how I use it most of the time and blocking off the camera and speakerphone without compromising keyboard space would be significantly less of an issue.

It is significantly more practical as a laptop orientation stand, however; the case can prop up the GS3 itself, and since the keyboard's Bluetooth, it's wireless. Sticks on with velcro, so you can take it off and plop it on with ease without having to worry about it not getting a good grip.

Also, typing on a thumbboard of this size is a hell of a lot nicer than putting up with on-screen keyboards, and I don't lose valuable screen space.

-I pulled the trigger on that video capture card I was talking about earlier. Can't wait to see first-hand how it does my numerous consoles justice...

Oh wow, thanks :) Thanks for the info about the KB. Sounds great :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #10,781 of 48,562
I wasn't clear on whether you purchased the headset with the new Mixamp or just the Mixamp, since your review and the update note only mentioned the Mixamp being the 2013 edition, unless I missed something. Anyhow, thanks for clearing that up.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #10,782 of 48,562
The a40s were reviewed earlier, then the Mixamp. Both entries are there.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #10,783 of 48,562
Hey, just wanted to say that I bought from BestSeller21 on Amazon for the Annies, and I picked the slowest/free shipping. 3-5business days it said. Well, he/she is located in NY, and I have to sign for it, but get this, it's being shipped Fedex2day. O.o Wow. How nice! :) I get them Wednesday then. Good thing I'm off work.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #10,784 of 48,562
My Compass 2 is at home. :D

Dunno when I'll get home to set it up, but im just relieved, lol.

Astro told me I can keep the SLYR AND one of the Astros! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back