Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 24, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #10,021 of 48,562
Quote:
I don't think you have malicious intent. I wish I could help more than just pointing it out, but I don't know how to make you see what I see about your sentence and thought structure that confuses me. But inevitably I check the forum when I wake and before bed, so like now I've been up for 18 hours and I just don't have enough energy to hold both posts in my mind at once and reconstruct when you read something and reply to that sentence/idea. If I was replying to what I just typed in your style, pretending I was you, it would look like "Glad you don't think so. Thanks for trying a little, but I need better advice. What good would seeing what you see do? Clearly you should sleep more, because you barely make sense either. OMG, now you're going to reply like I do? IT'S INCEPTION! Or at least an expanding loop. 'Glad you don't think so' should be written 'Glad you don't think I write to purposefully be confusing' so that the sentence forms a complete idea, not a sentence fragment that doesn't make sense when it stands by itself..."
I will stop myself from further replying as myself to myself that is imitating SoAmusing, because it is getting absurd and "going deeper" into more convoluted events happening at once doesn't make your movie deeper, Christopher Nolan. WOOOOOOOMP!
Clearly I'm CooCoo again from fatigue. And it was disturbingly fun. G'night.

LOL, malicious intent was one of the possibilities? I hate your mind. I really do, but then again, reading further, I love it. No, seriously, no need to help. I GET IT. I appreciate your efforts. All right then. You should get some rest. Mmmmk. I loved that movie, jerk. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. Hating you now, lol. Night.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #10,022 of 48,562
Now that I have a receiver, I suppose I could add on to it. THX TruStudio or Dolby Headphone? See below. If you know of any other options, tell me so I can add them here. I forgot the name of that expensive option, lol.

Options

1. Dolby Headphone
2. Silent Cinema
3. Thx TruStudio
4. CMSS-3D - N/A - See 8.
5. Random Company's Surround Sound
6. Sony's Implementation
7. MyEars - N/A - See 8.
8. Sound Card - Won't work. It's been tested by BurritoBoy.

leaving

1. DH
2. SC - Have it
3. THX TS
4. Random - If the Generic or Random one was the best option, or even the better option, I'd think more people would know about it. Even so, it's hard to find something other that what I've listed here.
5. Sony's - Sony is popular. If Sony's implementation was the best for surround sound, then I wouldn't even be doing this.

leaving

1. DH - If I want PCM, I'd have to get a HK receiver, correct? I already have a receiver, so that's outta the question. I'll take DTS gladly though! What supports this?
2. THX TS - Recon3D usb is the only one available for console right?

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #10,024 of 48,562
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVme7rxdTLk[/VIDEO]

MLE's headset guide is becoming famous :)

And it another update about my headsets...
I have decided to keep the mmx 300 and will sell the 2013 a40. Beyerdynamic really made a special headset that really brings out the finer details that aren't as obvious on the a40's.

And I got a new mixamp. Supposedly it's the same model, but the new one has a few small differences. For one, when I power it on, the eq preset button lights spin once. My "old" 2013 mixamp pro didn't do that, the lights just faded on.

And more notably, the volume knob is less buggy. My last mixamp would cut in and out left and right channels when adjusting sound. So it was frustrating trying to get balanced sound. New one is always balanced unless I go down to about ten percent, which then the channels start turning on and off.

And I feel like the newer mixamp delivers better overall sound, for whatever reason. Maybe placebo? Lol

Dec 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #10,025 of 48,562
I hope its right place to do it...
I've been searching for pc gaming headset for a LONG TIME, too much infact. I've watch hunders of videos and threads from alot of forums and still didn't had the decision.
In the end I think I wolud buy a sound card and match him a good quailty headphones or a decent pair of cheap headset. (I prefer headset because of the mic).
I was looking on the asus xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-E sound card. what do you think of him, can I get better one arround the same price?
and i still got 125$ to spend on headset which I dont know to choose. been thinking on the AD700 but I heard they had a pretty bad problem with their sound leak (in and out) and sometimes my surronding is noisy. 
been thinking the skullcandy's slyr too but theyr'e usb connected to the pc, does usb headset get effected by the sound card?
Tried the siberia v2 with out the usb or sound card, low build quailty broke after a year and the mic wasn't working.
I play fsp games and shooters like cs cod and others that are competetive games where directional accurracy, positional audio and pin pointing your enemy is required.
.If the headset will match the ps3 too its a bonus but not a must
sorry for my english I'm from israel
10x for helping

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #10,026 of 48,562
Now that I have a receiver, I suppose I could add on to it. THX TruStudio or Dolby Headphone? See below. If you know of any other options, tell me so I can add them here. I forgot the name of that expensive option, lol.

Options

1. Dolby Headphone
2. Silent Cinema
3. Thx TruStudio
4. CMSS-3D - N/A - See 8.
5. Random Company's Surround Sound
6. Sony's Implementation
7. MyEars - N/A - See 8.
8. Sound Card - Won't work. It's been tested by BurritoBoy.

leaving

1. DH
2. SC - Have it
3. THX TS
4. Random - If the Generic or Random one was the best option, or even the better option, I'd think more people would know about it. Even so, it's hard to find something other that what I've listed here.
5. Sony's - Sony is popular. If Sony's implementation was the best for surround sound, then I wouldn't even be doing this.

leaving

1. DH - If I want PCM, I'd have to get a HK receiver, correct? I already have a receiver, so that's outta the question. I'll take DTS gladly though! What supports this?
2. THX TS - Recon3D usb is the only one available for console right?

Denon, pioneer, and newer harmon kardon receivers have have their own implementation of headphone surround sound. Maybe no one uses those with headphones enough to talk about it, or those versions suck. I don't know.

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #10,027 of 48,562
In my experience with these alternate headphone surround modes i found they usually are worthless because they don't give good positioning ques and usually the overall sound is a degrade in quality.  It is however a neat way to listen to some music.  Not so much electronic music or hiphop

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #10,028 of 48,562
soamussing, what do you mean if you want PCM?  I really don't understand your way of explaining things.  EVERY receiver for home theater except 2.0 has pcm.  pcm is just the universal language that is used to decode all the dolby and dts formats.  
even the mixamp uses pcm.  

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #10,029 of 48,562
been thinking the skullcandy's slyr too but theyr'e usb connected to the pc, does usb headset get effected by the sound card?

You can connect it thru regular 3.5mm cables to take advantage of your sound card if you want, the USB connection/DAC is optional (if you use it you effectively bypass the sound card). As for open headphones, they'll all leak sound out to varying degrees and they'll all let outside noise in, so if you constantly play in a noisy environment you probably want at least one closed headphone.

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #10,030 of 48,562
Im sure he means linear PCM, in which optical cables cant pass through due to high bandwidth, aside from 2.0. HDMI does, which is why receivers are the most optimal if SQ is top priority.

I have no idea why companies like Astro havent made an HDMI enabled DH device. Still, im kind of sure that DH only accepts compressed audio, and will find the inherent basic Dolby Digital signal found in Dolby True HD, so there is no benefit. However other surround processors like SC may indeed process the linear PCM signal into headphone surround.

No experience with that, so I honestly don't know.

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #10,031 of 48,562
i guess i'm just completely confused by his last post.
How is he going to add onto his receiver?
Your ps3 doesn't bit stream multi-channel only stereo so it needs to decode whatever your bluray or game is giving it audio coded wise like dts or truehd.Then it has to send the information out out lpcm (doesn't mean there will be a large bitrate but allows it to be if need be).  
Pretty much any receiver accepts lpcm. The playstation already did the work.
Then you want something to give surround duty to headphones.  I think you're going in the wrong direction.  If you feed a multichannel signal to the receiver and want the headphone to do surround then it will downmix it to stereo then add it's own stereo processing to give a surround effect.  If you want high quality through the headphones then set the playstation to bitstream and then let the receiver do the processing for it's surround mode.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #10,033 of 48,562
My Yuin G1A should be here in an hour, though I have to keep checking my mailbox, and see if the mailman is there, because if not, he's probably just gonna leave a note. Sigh...

So excited. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back