Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #9,902 of 48,562
They are sold to the US by Accessoryjack. Its the only place that sells them to here other than Ebay.

But I was hoping they would be sold on Amazon like the L1. Ah well... beggars can't be choosers.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #9,904 of 48,562
They are based in Hong Kong, but they ship directly here (free 1-2 day shipping).

http://www.accessoryjack.com/headphones/hifi/philips-fidelio-x1-high-fidelity-open-air-headphones-black.html

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #9,906 of 48,562
Quote:

The StarTech PEXHDCAP. Why this specific card? This review says it all.

If you want a summary, it does everything from 240p analog RGB from retro consoles to 1080p/24 over HDMI (as long as it's not HDCP-encrypted). It's the most comprehensive capture device I've found for gaming because of that, and at $120-125 shipped, it's not all that expensive.

The only drawback is added input lag if viewing the signal through the capture card, which varies depending on the software used (and probably other PC hardware too), but that happens with pretty much any capture device. If the review is anything to go by, the lowest times are around 14ms, which is just under the 16ms that a 60 Hz frame lasts for.

I only have one remaining question with this card that said review did not answer: does it take 5.1 or even 7.1 LPCM over the HDMI input?

My man. That's awesome. Even if it is HDCP-encrypted, in comes the HDfury, lol. Or I could do Component to the capture card and HDMI to my receiver, if possible? What a great price!! Hmm, no worries. Yeah, I'm curious as well.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #9,908 of 48,562
Yeah. If it wasnt for the HE400, I would have the X1 by now. Im pretty sure I have a place only for one, so assuming I can get the X1 to sit on my head (gonna be close), I'm probably gonna be an X1 man.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #9,909 of 48,562
Quote:
My man. That's awesome. Even if it is HDCP-encrypted, in comes the HDfury, lol. Or I could do Component to the capture card and HDMI to my receiver, if possible? What a great price!! Hmm, no worries. Yeah, I'm curious as well.

You could do component to the capture card and HDMI to the receiver if the console in question supports simultaneous video output like that. I don't think the PS3 does; I found out the hard way that if it's set for HDMI, it will only output video through HDMI and not the PS A/V multi-out port until you hook it up to an HDMI display and set it for analog video output. Had to borrow my brother's bedroom HDTV because of that...

Other consoles may vary.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #9,910 of 48,562
No current consoles output video through multiple sources. Audio, yes. Video...no.

You could just get an HDMI splitter though...

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #9,911 of 48,562
ciao belli

x fidelio price in italy is     http://www.amazon.it/Philips-X1-00-Fidelio-Auricolari/dp/B008ZW2T7M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356011342&sr=8-1

[size=1.35em]EUR 197,99 = 263 dollari     tax included [/size]

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #9,912 of 48,562
If someone buys them for me at that price and ships them here, then I'd be eternally grateful. :wink:

I'd obviously compensate the cost+shipping, though I prefer it be someone with some time spent on Head-fi.

Time to get started on my SLYR review. Still on the fence on the SLYR's scores, though I'm leaning on 8 fun-7 competitive.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #9,914 of 48,562
I don't have problems with the audio dropping out, but I use my own USB cable...

So the first post layout has been edit for easier browsing. Hope you guys like it. I was gonna start on the SLYR, but wanted to get that done first. The SLYR review will be up in the next few days. I promise.

Calpis, Nameless, and Chico, you three are on my mind when it comes to loaning my stuff out, so as soon as my stuff is situated, you three can expect some loans, soonish.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #9,915 of 48,562
Quote:
DT990 bass, HD650 warmth, treble between the two, large soundstage, comfort that is unrivaled, amazing aesthtics, not hard to drive. Need I say more?

You definitely make them sound irresistible compared to the review I gave in the X1 thread. I agree that the bass is somewhere around the DT990 level, they do have an HD650 sound characteristic to them so the mids are more recessed than a DT880 and DT990. I think the highs are more pronounced than the HD650 but another person whom has a significantly more expensive equipment setup than me (I simply use an ASUS Xonar Essence ST sound card), says the highs might be more recessed than the HD650. From what I have read about the AKG K701/702's the mids and highs are definitely not that pronounced. I think the sound stage is quite large especially when I directly compare them to my DT 880's, but I have never tested the acclaimed Audio-Technica AD700's or Sennheiser PC360's so take my word here with a bit of skepticism. From what I have read those two headphones are the kings for sound stage and positioning and I'm not sure how the X1's stack up to that. MLE will be able to comment on that more when he gets his pair early next year. Comfort is definitely unrivaled. I thought the DT 990 premiums were the pinnacle of comfort until I started using the X1's. That velour memory foam is really awesome. And yes, aesthetically they do look pretty sharp except for the cheapish looking cable.

My guess is that MLE will have the following ratings for the headphones:

Fun - 9 (truly amazing cinematic headphones for movies and gaming)

Competitive - 7-8 (recessed signature compared to the DT880/990 and gaming headsets which push the treble on purpose)

Comfort - 9-10 (the earpads are EPIC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back