Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 30, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #1,786 of 48,566
Mentioned it a few times before, but the AX720's inline control can be separated to expose two 3.5mm inputs, one for audio, one for a mic, so you can connect any headphone/headset and mic.

They may be average compared to everything else, but they are GREAT starters, that may be all that you need. My roomie owns them, and I constantly test them out and still enjoy them.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #1,790 of 48,566
I have been gaming with my monster turbine pro golds. they are really awesome with gaming. not so good as my old beyers dt990pro but still really good, they have like 90% precision imaging and a medium size soundstage and works great through my asus xonar essence stx even without dolby headphone turned on, people should really try it

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #1,791 of 48,566
Finally giving up on the Turtle Beach DSS b/c for chatting etc it just isn't good enough, was using the kinect mic to speak and the voice played alongside the ingame audio and when things get even remotely loud I can't hear a thing lol, finally going to get a mixamp. I was going to get the 5.8 for the bass boost but there's a chance I'll get the standard mixamp for like £60 cheaper so that's what I'm going for atm... I use the AD700's so the bass boost on the DSS was really helpful for single player gaming etc but I also have the Creative Aurvana Live headphones for single player gaming and that so I'm good.

What I need now though is a good clip on mic that I can purchase in the UK? The popular ones in here seem to be US only or very hard to find over here... any help would be appreciated.

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #1,792 of 48,566

Quote:
What I need now though is a good clip on mic that I can purchase in the UK? The popular ones in here seem to be US only or very hard to find over here... any help would be appreciated.

Check the first post for the dealextreme mic. Is pretty good and cost US $3

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,793 of 48,566
I couldn't find it in a UK store online so that mic isn't an option lol.

I got this anyway, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Microphone-Google-Windows-Internet/dp/B001MNX9WK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309789629&sr=8-2

cheap and got great reviews... now all I need is the mixamp.

Jul 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #1,795 of 48,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidgamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got this anyway, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Microphone-Google-Windows-Internet/dp/B001MNX9WK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309789629&sr=8-2

That one looks similar to the dealextreme one... I think will be good enough for you :)

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #1,797 of 48,566
I have heard different. Boomy, bass bloat smears the rest of the sound, lacking soundstage and positioning. I don't doubt why it's so cheap. Just FWIH. From the headsets I have owned, it's pretty much left me convinced that anything below $100 is gonna be garbage, headSET-wise.

Of course, a headset with a lot of bass isn't something I'd almost EVER recommend. Only time I want deep bass is when I'm not on a headset.

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #1,798 of 48,566
Ok, I just want to make a check list here. I'm going to get the DT 990's 600ohm ( From what I gather, if you've got the power in your amp, this is the way to go), Fiio E9 and the Astro Mixamp. I couldn't care less about voice chat. It's all about the immersion and the quality of sound. Do I still need all of the above?
Also, is there any extra fiddly bits that don't come with these that I would need to pick up, such as optical cables and things like that?

Thanks in advance for the help. I hope what I've said makes sense because I haven't a clue...

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #1,799 of 48,566

Quote:
Ok, I just want to make a check list here. I'm going to get the DT 990's 600ohm ( From what I gather, if you've got the power in your amp, this is the way to go), Fiio E9 and the Astro Mixamp. I couldn't care less about voice chat. It's all about the immersion and the quality of sound. Do I still need all of the above?
Also, is there any extra fiddly bits that don't come with these that I would need to pick up, such as optical cables and things like that?

Thanks in advance for the help. I hope what I've said makes sense because I haven't a clue...

will it work for the 5.8 wireless amp
confused_face%281%29.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back