Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #1,682 of 48,562
Alghazanth, how are bass and sub bass of T1?

I own a dt880 600ohm, but as I like a lot this model with music, his bass is insufficient for explosions and in giving a more cinematic atmosphere to the gameplay and movies

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #1,683 of 48,562
I'm still burning them in, but its not as much as I expected. Of course after reading the reviews of the PRO900 I expected the bass to make my head implode. Its great, a little boomy at the moment, but its not getting in the way or slowing down the music. My only complaint at the moment is that the cord is too short. :p

EDIT: Ignore my comments on bass quantity, 10 hours in and I think its close to doubled on Electric Wizard's Mind Transferal, my bass test track.

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #1,684 of 48,562

Quote:
Alghazanth, how are bass and sub bass of T1?

I own a dt880 600ohm, but as I like a lot this model with music, his bass is insufficient for explosions and in giving a more cinematic atmosphere to the gameplay and movies

T1 has more and better bass than the DT880, and less quantity but far better quality than DT990. Anyone who likes the DT880 needs to hear the T1.  It's just about bass neutral, perhaps slightly above or below. It's not subwoofer bass nor should it be, but I certainly wouldn't mind a little bit extra quantity. That said it's still my favorite gaming can overall. D7000 has the bass but not the soundstage, HD800 has the gigantic soundstage but not the bass and the 'stage is too artificial, and T1 is just about in between. T1 w/ the mixamp and DH is an experience very similar to the T1 with music: Everything sounds absolutely natural and totally engrossing, but it won't "WOW" you with anything in particular. HE500 would be the absolute best if only orthos didn't sound so off compared to dynamics with games, as it's basically the T1 but with more bass. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #1,686 of 48,562
The PRO2900 has a great midrange, a less exciting, but more detailed/textured than Grado. It doesn't seem affected by bass nor treble, and it sounds really natural.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #1,687 of 48,562
FAR better bass than the DT990 sounds like hyperbole. It may be better, but I'm sure you're grossly exaggerating.

I can't believe everything I read because its always glowing reviews, toppling titans, and other such claims that end up being copletely untrue.

But hey, whatever.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #1,688 of 48,562
Mad Lust Envy, you are using the pc360 now for gaming. How they are? Comfort, soundstage, bass....
The pads are of fake leather and now that we are in summer have you any issue with them?
I see that on amazon uk here in europe, the are at almost 100. They could be a good choice...

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #1,690 of 48,562
The pads are NOT pleather. They are velour. The comfort = great (it's a little tight, so over extend them past what you think is the right size and they will be comfy). Soundstage is huge. Not AD700 or K701 huge, but 3rd biggest, tied with the HD598. Its the biggest and most natural. Bass is neutral. For hardcore gaming, bass will be spot on, and for sinple player, I use my 5.8's bass expander. No issue with bass.

Make sure you're looking at the PC360 NOT PC350.

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #1,693 of 48,562

Quote:
Quote:
I was wrong, I find only pc350 sold by amazon. The pc360 are sold by third sellers...

I just checked amazon and they are selling the pc360 through themselves

Yes you are right, I noticed better and they sells them too, it seems just they are waiting for new stock as they are going to dispatch them within 2 to 3 weeks...

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #1,694 of 48,562
Okay, I think I'm slowly going insane. Oh how I regret ever considering upgrading from my crappy Razer Barracuda headset. Life was simple before I found this place, you know? Music was music, and I took whatever I could get sound-quality wise because, well, what the hell did I know? I thought I'd reached whatever music had to offer when I bought a $30 pair of Sennheiser IEMs years back. But now... now I want, nay need more. Well I hope you're all happy!

Anyway, I've poured over the first post many a time, and read a fair bit of this thread, and read other threads and then I read some more and I am done. For now. Just, someone, please tell me which cans offer excellent positional audio with DH but are also awesome at music and movies. Assume I have a Sonar Essence STX and a $350 budget max for the cans. And, say, $200 for an AMP. Max.

I game on the PC, of course, and Bad Company 2 and the CoD series are my main multiplayer games. Single player is all over the place: Metro 2033, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout, FEAR, The Witcher, etc. Basically everything except RTS.

Music-wise it's more electronic/house music, some rock/metal, a bit of jazz. Oh man, if you'd told me a month ago different headphones sound better for certain genres of music I'd have thought you had a screw loose. Ah, those good old days.

I was recommended the ATH AD-2000s by Audioholic! over at Game-fi but those cost close to a grand. I can't seem to find any decent info on the Denon AH-D2000s with Dolby Headphone either. The K701 is too difficult to amp and too analytic for music (elektro and other mixed music, that is. I think. I know I read that somewhere) apparently. The DT990 seems like the perfect fit, but the rear positional audio isn't as good as others, and that is one thing that drives me crazy. Also too much treble? And it's ugly as sin, but that can be overlooked. The HD598s only get a 6 for fun in MLE's list, but I don't see any real reason for such a low score. Is the bass really that non-existent? Oh Lord, I'm sorry to pile this all on you guys, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

Jun 23, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #1,695 of 48,562

Quote:
Okay, I think I'm slowly going insane. Oh how I regret ever considering upgrading from my crappy Razer Barracuda headset. Life was simple before I found this place, you know? Music was music, and I took whatever I could get sound-quality wise because, well, what the hell did I know? I thought I'd reached whatever music had to offer when I bought a $30 pair of Sennheiser IEMs years back. But now... now I want, nay need more. Well I hope you're all happy!

Anyway, I've poured over the first post many a time, and read a fair bit of this thread, and read other threads and then I read some more and I am done. For now. Just, someone, please tell me which cans offer excellent positional audio with DH but are also awesome at music and movies. Assume I have a Sonar Essence STX and a $350 budget max for the cans. And, say, $200 for an AMP. Max.

I game on the PC, of course, and Bad Company 2 and the CoD series are my main multiplayer games. Single player is all over the place: Metro 2033, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout, FEAR, The Witcher, etc. Basically everything except RTS.

Music-wise it's more electronic/house music, some rock/metal, a bit of jazz. Oh man, if you'd told me a month ago different headphones sound better for certain genres of music I'd have thought you had a screw loose. Ah, those good old days.

I was recommended the ATH AD-2000s by Audioholic! over at Game-fi but those cost close to a grand. I can't seem to find any decent info on the Denon AH-D2000s with Dolby Headphone either. The K701 is too difficult to amp and too analytic for music (elektro and other mixed music, that is. I think. I know I read that somewhere) apparently. The DT990 seems like the perfect fit, but the rear positional audio isn't as good as others, and that is one thing that drives me crazy. Also too much treble? And it's ugly as sin, but that can be overlooked. The HD598s only get a 6 for fun in MLE's list, but I don't see any real reason for such a low score. Is the bass really that non-existent? Oh Lord, I'm sorry to pile this all on you guys, but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

pretty sure a lot of people use the d2000's for gaming and love them. ahhh i hope the sound design in skyrim is amazing, can't wait to play that game with some decent phones. oh yea and bf3 of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back