Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 29, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #1,276 of 48,578
I know you're a basshead, so I'd like to know what you think of the bass out of the HE-4. 

I'm also thinking that it might be a good idea to make recordings comparing CMSS to Dolby headphone, though I'm not sure what way would be the best.  Playing back a TF2 replay with a loopback is the best way I can think of.  Maybe even a toslink loopback? 

Would the AudioGD FUN be able to handle orthos? 

The HE4 has some addictive bass. It doesn't fill up the room like the D7000, but believe me, it is NOT lacking. It actually punches harder than the D7000, and can go very low. Currently enjoying it quite a bit just off my E9. Not as great as when it was with the Lyr, but even with just the E9, nothing comes close. Not the DT880, 990, K70x, etc. It's that freaking amazing. I'm half tempted on just keeping them even without the Lyr.

Played about 3 hours (I think) with Zombie_X on Black Ops tonight. I wish more of the Headfi crew would get on.

This makes me laugh... and cry. The chance of geting that is so rare, that you HAVE to ragequit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NB8db1STUY

Fuuuu...!.jpg

May 29, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #1,277 of 48,578
Does anyone get clipping in the pc 360 with the wired mixamp?

Was playing bit of dead space 2 last night and there was alot of explosions etc going on and sound cut momentarily when things got hectic

May 29, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #1,279 of 48,578
It was fun playing and I'm uploading all 15 videos of our gameplay to youtube right now.

If anyone is interested, my secondary youtube channel is > http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiyanElite87. I have all my CoD gameplay on there in 720P HD.

Quote:
Mad Lust Envy said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Played about 3 hours (I think) with Zombie_X on Black Ops tonight. I wish more of the Headfi crew would get on.

May 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #1,280 of 48,578

Quote:
Does anyone get clipping in the pc 360 with the wired mixamp?

Was playing bit of dead space 2 last night and there was alot of explosions etc going on and sound cut momentarily when things got hectic

I think that that if there's too much stuff going on with dolby headphone it will overflow its buffer and make popping/clipping noises.  Iin order to minimize processing latency dolby headphone probably has a small buffer size to keep the lag minimal.  When too many sounds happen at once, it overflows the buffer size and that's when weird popping noises occur. 

Its the same sound I get when playing a midi music keyboard through a computer and setting the latency as low as possible which reduces the available buffer size.  Then if you mash the keyboard with your arm and play all the notes, it makes the same popping noises because it overflows the buffer.

May 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #1,281 of 48,578
Has anyone else experienced a sort of 'muffling' when playing through the Mixamps? Its always happened to me with a lot of my headphones. I play for awhile, then the clarity goesa through the crapper, and game audio becomes super muffled for a length of time. I used to think it was the headphones, but I have experienced it even with crystal clear cans like the K701.

Zombie, I'm gonna be checking our vids. :D

May 29, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #1,282 of 48,578
Question for you guys. I have heard the Mix Amp is a pretty good headphone amp, but how good is it? I'd be willing to audition them for you guys and post a video review.

May 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #1,284 of 48,578
I'll have to check one out then and see how it stacks up to my other amps. I think I'll have to do an HD unboxing/review video for it once the new Head-Fi policy is finalized.

Quote:
The mixamp clips for me every time I use it on the computer's line-out through the music streamer-- and clips really badly for some reason.  It does just fine on the ps3 though.

May 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #1,285 of 48,578
The Mixamp is an awesome gaming amp, but only if you're okay with Dolby Headphone. No other reason to use it, other than voice mixing.

May 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #1,286 of 48,578
I still don't feel aware enough with these DT770/32s even if they are meant to be MMX300s without a mic. I think I actually miss my Senny 595's, I never got shot in the back with those babies!

So I'm not sure what to get next, I don't want to keep buying headphones until I get the perfect gaming one. The AD700 seems to be a solid choice, but then if the 598 is anything like the 595 I'd be happy with that too.

Any thoughts MLE?
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #1,288 of 48,578
Purely PC gamer, plays a lot of different games mainly fps still.

May 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #1,289 of 48,578
I mostly play on PC right now, the online stuff I play basically consist of TF2. I still can't figure out which steam name I need to share. I also play a bit of Forza 3 on 360. I need to try the DSS with that.

May 30, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #1,290 of 48,578
I still don't feel aware enough with these DT770/32s even if they are meant to be MMX300s without a mic. I think I actually miss my Senny 595's, I never got shot in the back with those babies!

So I'm not sure what to get next, I don't want to keep buying headphones until I get the perfect gaming one. The AD700 seems to be a solid choice, but then if the 598 is anything like the 595 I'd be happy with that too.

Any thoughts MLE?
biggrin.gif

If you don't need a mic, do yourself a favor and just get the HD598. Seriously.

I haven't heard the DT770/32 or MMX300, so I don't know how good their rear positioning is. All I know is that the DT770 Pro 80 as unbalanced as it was, had insane positioning abilities with Dolby Headphone. The DT770/600 I had was too wild to even judge fairly. A 20 out of 10 in bass quantity. It was overbearing, and I definitely thought something was wrong with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back