Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 16, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #1,141 of 48,583
hi been looking in to upgrading from pc161 mainly for gaming the od movie. i'm using x-fi elite pro card at the mo but Positional accuracy isn't great, not sure if thats down to the pc161 or cmss.
Do u think changing to something with dh help or just save me money and stick with x-fi?

pc360 has the mic plus the gd idea of vol on ear instead of inline cable. I only really use voise in 1 mmo game so boom mic isn't that important. but in fps Positional accuracy is. i can get these for £130 donno what that convert to across the pond. the others are hd598's what are ment to have better sq, bit worried about the cracking issue on these tho. New sealed box but not from a shop £120 seems a gd deal or may be to gd. i'm stuck on what todo for the best

May 16, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #1,142 of 48,583

Quote:
hi been looking in to upgrading from pc161 mainly for gaming the od movie. i'm using x-fi elite pro card at the mo but Positional accuracy isn't great, not sure if thats down to the pc161 or cmss.
Do u think changing to something with dh help or just save me money and stick with x-fi?

pc360 has the mic plus the gd idea of vol on ear instead of inline cable. I only really use voise in 1 mmo game so boom mic isn't that important. but in fps Positional accuracy is. i can get these for £130 donno what that convert to across the pond. the others are hd598's what are ment to have better sq, bit worried about the cracking issue on these tho. New sealed box but not from a shop £120 seems a gd deal or may be to gd. i'm stuck on what todo for the best

I would try and switch to Dolby headphone.  Most people prefer it over similar surround DSPs like cmss.

The newest batches of HD598s have switched to a new plastic without the cracking problem.

May 16, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #1,143 of 48,583
I use my T1 with my NAD T747 amp via RCA output to my WA3+. Yes I drag the WA3+ into my room and hook it up to my amp since the NAD's internal headphone amp is lacking. The NAD T747 has Dolby Headphone and it sounds quite convincing but I prefer a standard stereo for the T1. Dolby Headphone to me makes the soundstage very unnatural and kinda hollow.

Still though with the T1 on Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 (Yeah I like CoD) it makes quite a convincing image. Love how I can hear people try to knife me from behind then I turn and pop them with the Revolver or DE :). Also I use it on Bad Company 2 where this headphone really shines.

On a side note I tried with KILLZONE 3 and man you can get some nice panoramic sound from this amp. 

May 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #1,144 of 48,583
Been using the A2000X for gaming lately, the surround position is as good as the PRM, pin point accuracy even for a closed phone, but the depth (above and below plane) and the distance judgement is not as good. The A2000X is a worthy FPS headphone but not really made for it.

May 17, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #1,145 of 48,583
Lots of fun tonight playing Black Ops with Zombie_X and ssavage.

Even though I won almost all the games. :D

Used the PC360s tonight.

Yes, I'm a Gun Game master....apparently.

May 17, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #1,146 of 48,583
Quote:
Lots of fun tonight playing Black Ops with Zombie_X and ssavage.

Even though I won almost all the games.
biggrin.gif

Used the PC360s tonight.

Yes, I'm a Gun Game master....apparently.

PC360 > T1

That's the only logical conclusion.  
wink_face.gif

May 17, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #1,147 of 48,583
Hell's yeah! :D

LOL. Nah, Zombie and ssavage were both doing quite well, just I had the edge of having too much experience in Free For All-esque match types (I play those 99% of the time). I'm nowhere near as good when it's team based matches. I'm too worried about myself and the suroundings to worry about team members...

Audio isn't as important in Black Ops as the other Call Of Duty games, so I wouldn't say the headphones were a big reason, though they certainly still help.

To be honest, I don't have much challenges in Gun Game. I almost always win.... it's weird. I don't THINK I'm great, but I almost never lose. I dunno. I have a lot of fun in Gun Game.

We also played a few rounds of One In The Chamber and I won those as well (except one). Playing Free For All since Call of Duty 4: MW really helped me out in this.

Zombie, you were saying how Dolby Headphone wasn't for you. I can understand it. Though I can't live without it, it does sound a bit weird when you're used to stereo. You do lose some sound fidelity in place of better surround sound-like placement. So I wouldn't say DH sounds BETTER than stereo, but for those who want more of a home theater like sound (where it sounds like speakers are around you as opposed to sounding like headphones), DH is it.

I tried playing in stereo a few times, and it totally messed me up. Everything just sounds too Two dimensional for me.

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to put this up ever since I don't you guys to think I'm gonna be playing a lot, but my tags are...

360:

i Lust Envy i (capital i's)

I just changed to this from I Chaos Zero I two days ago.

PS3:

Sin_Crimson

I ONLY have Black Ops on the 360 atm, and I mainly only play Gun Game, though with a big enough group I might play some Ground War and TDM.

I DON'T play often, but if I'm on Black Ops, shoot me a message, and I'll try my best to join up (on the 360, I have no multiplayer games on the PS3, though with Sony giving us two free games, I might get Dead Nation. I have MvsC2 and Street Fighter HD for the PS3.)

May 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #1,149 of 48,583

Just wanted to say that Dead Nation is worth getting whether you get it free or not, it's a fun game that offers a lot of bang for your buck.
Quote:
Hell's yeah!
biggrin.gif

LOL. Nah, Zombie and ssavage were both doing quite well, just I had the edge of having too much experience in Free For All-esque match types (I play those 99% of the time). I'm nowhere near as good when it's team based matches. I'm too worried about myself and the suroundings to worry about team members...

Audio isn't as important in Black Ops as the other Call Of Duty games, so I wouldn't say the headphones were a big reason, though they certainly still help.

To be honest, I don't have much challenges in Gun Game. I almost always win.... it's weird. I don't THINK I'm great, but I almost never lose. I dunno. I have a lot of fun in Gun Game.

We also played a few rounds of One In The Chamber and I won those as well (except one). Playing Free For All since Call of Duty 4: MW really helped me out in this.

Zombie, you were saying how Dolby Headphone wasn't for you. I can understand it. Though I can't live without it, it does sound a bit weird when you're used to stereo. You do lose some sound fidelity in place of better surround sound-like placement. So I wouldn't say DH sounds BETTER than stereo, but for those who want more of a home theater like sound (where it sounds like speakers are around you as opposed to sounding like headphones), DH is it.

I tried playing in stereo a few times, and it totally messed me up. Everything just sounds too Two dimensional for me.

Okay, I told myself I wasn't going to put this up ever since I don't you guys to think I'm gonna be playing a lot, but my tags are...

360:

i Lust Envy i (capital i's)

I just changed to this from I Chaos Zero I two days ago.

PS3:

Sin_Crimson

I ONLY have Black Ops on the 360 atm, and I mainly only play Gun Game, though with a big enough group I might play some Ground War and TDM.

I DON'T play often, but if I'm on Black Ops, shoot me a message, and I'll try my best to join up (on the 360, I have no multiplayer games on the PS3, though with Sony giving us two free games, I might get Dead Nation. I have MvsC2 and Street Fighter HD for the PS3.)

May 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #1,150 of 48,583
Man, haven't played CoD in such a long time... was a huge fan of CoD 4 but after MW2 and BO I basically stopped playing. After the initial shock of using all the new gear and everything I get kinda bored. Still a fun game though.

May 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #1,151 of 48,583
Yeah CoD4 is my fave too. Sometimes simplicity is best. It still has plenty of options. I also think it had the best maps. The newer games have maps a bit too big for the kind of action CoD calls for. Big maps work for slower paced games like Battlefield.

May 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,152 of 48,583

Quote:
Yeah CoD4 is my fave too. Sometimes simplicity is best. It still has plenty of options. I also think it had the best maps. The newer games have maps a bit too big for the kind of action CoD calls for. Big maps work for slower paced games like Battlefield.

I liked Bad Company 2. Played it at my friends house on his Gaming PC. I might get it, it's 20 bucks on Steam. 

May 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #1,154 of 48,583
I like the BF games, but I'm too much of a run and gunner, so I get bored of the long span of inactivity in BC2. Lot of trekking to get into the action.

May 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #1,155 of 48,583
Yeah it was fun MLE. I'll add you on the PS3 as well. Do you have MW2 on the PS3? How about Medal of Honor? 

Also my PSN ID is SaiyanElite87.

I also have a Youtube channel here that has a lot of gameplay videos > http://www.youtube.com/user/SaiyanElite87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back