Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Feb 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #648 of 48,566
Still not hearing as much on MW2 as people say they did. Even people with those crappy X11's say they can hear people coming from miles away very clearly, but I hardly hear any footsteps and if I do, it's pretty vague and hard to pin point.

Feb 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #649 of 48,566
Thx for replies. Had no idea about the unified driver project.

Seems to be only ASUS that lets you use DH then? I would probably go for the cheapest PCIe Xonar in that case with the plan to route spdif out to an external DAC later on.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #650 of 48,566
Quote:
Still not hearing as much on MW2 as people say they did. Even people with those crappy X11's say they can hear people coming from miles away very clearly, but I hardly hear any footsteps and if I do, it's pretty vague and hard to pin point.

It also depends what you play. You're probably not going to hear footsteps well or even at all in say, Ground War or Free For All but Search and Destroy is going to be different.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #652 of 48,566
It also depends on the players.  If everyone is running Ninja Pro you won't hear a thing.  In my experience most don't and it is easy to hear footsteps.  If you play barebones you may have more success because there are no killstreaks messing with the sound at all.  If a chopper is up it can be almost impossible to hear anyone coming.  

Feb 25, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #653 of 48,566
I testing HD 598 with x-fi titanium for 15 days and i think headphones and sound card aren't worth so much money.
Or it could be broken or fake headphones ? any details i need to be cerful if they are fakes.
In stereo music (online radio mp3 codec and 128 bit) i hear oftenly left side speaker loader then right one  and sometimes is mixed in 3 seconds come mixed from left to right and again so i get strange fealing from which side cound come from.
Tested also with onboard sound card Realtek ALC 883 and on old pc some old creative idk which one but i think in lower class.
And i can hear plastic when moving my head (also plastic that rotate a bit and (where u can resize it) it looks weak and cheap).
And my ears starting to hurt after 10 min. of usage  but probably coz of my small and tiny head. I don't know becouse i didn't compared to any other headphone/headset in that class except RS 170 but they have even smaller earpads
Also what are best settings to use with x-fi titanium ?  i have gaming mode>eax on 0db>cmss-3d auto>crystalizer off. (maybe i should turn dolby digital live  on ? but i see is SPDIF only  that is optical  right ? )
Is there any way to connect this stereo headphones to digital output ?  now i have connected to stereo (green colour)

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #654 of 48,566
If they're new then maybe you need to use them more. First time I used AD700's on MW2 I wasn't impressed but some games I do hear more, and using my TV's speakers now feels so bad :p

Is there any difference with optical cables, or is it like hdmi, all basically same quality? Thanks

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #655 of 48,566
Did anyone here tried Denon AH1100 for gaming?

Also I am having problems with my home setup due to the LCD TV Hiss from the TV's headphone out. Are there any solution for this?

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #656 of 48,566
Unless you're absolutely deaf or everyone is using Ninja Pro or cheating (which is common now, even on consoles), you should be able to hear footsteps in MW2 with even a $5 piece of crap headphone.

The AD700, HD598 on MW2 should be pure god mode otherwise.

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #658 of 48,566
Actually I haven't used headphones for years, I wasted too much money on cheap ones which just broke, so I'm a little wary of cranking up the volume to levels which are too harsh on my ears. Will maybe just take time for me to get use to them.

Barely listen to music at all, so my ears should be in perfect condition ;D

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #660 of 48,566
 Hi guys, I think I've come to the right place (without creating my own thread)

I'm trying to find a good headset to go with my new MixAmp 5.8 Wireless that I'll be using with Xbox 360. I bought both a Razer Caricharas and a Sennheiser HD555 to test from Amazon, but it seems (from reading throught these forums) that I can do even better for my money. I'd like to spend under $150 on the headphones (i have a ZalMan clip on mic) and I'd really prefer to have a closed set of cans than open (so I can use them as I please in public/LANing). Any advice is appreciated, I'm upgrading from Turtle Beach x31s so this is very exciting :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back