Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #38,626 of 48,562
I bought dss 2,syba adapter and zalman mic to connect my headphones to ps4 after i connect syba i get lower sound.Do you know why?I also wonder the dss2 knob is endless i mean it doesnt stop when you turn left or right is that normal?

Yes, my DSS2 did the same thing - the knob doesn't stop at the end, it just continued to rotate. I believe this is normal. Also, the DSS2 not particularly powerful, so you may have to double-amp it with a decent portable amp.

What headphones are you using?

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #38,627 of 48,562
Yes, my DSS2 did the same thing - the knob doesn't stop at the end, it just continued to rotate. I believe this is normal. Also, the DSS2 not particularly powerful, so you may have to double-amp it with a decent portable amp.

What headphones are you using?

I am currently using asus orion headphones for ps3 but i am planning to order hd598se.I will use the hd 588 either for ps4 and listening to music.What do you think?Do you have the same sound issue with the usb adapter like syba?I also have fiie10k but i wonder is there a way that i can connect dss2 to fiie10k?

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #38,628 of 48,562
I already posted this in the HD700 thread, but this might be a better place.

Does anyone happen to have a Modmic 5/4 combo with the HD700? If so, have you had any issues with the magnet so close to the drivers? Looks like there's only one place to stick the magnet piece, the only flat piece on the ear cup. I probably should have asked these questions before I purchased one....oh well. I can always test these things myself, but I figured I see if anyone has any info on these questions first.

Thanks

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #38,631 of 48,562
You're gonna love that game.

Yeah I liked the beta way back when, just wasn't going to pay full price for it. Had a blast the couple games I joined. Did well but lost (no one to play with). It's funny because playing and enjoying Paladins is made me want to go ahead and buy Overwatch haha.

Been addicted to Disc Jam, though.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #38,632 of 48,562
Haven't played Overwatch in months. Should break that out again, just for the sound quality. Thanks for the reminder!

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #38,634 of 48,562
I already posted this in the HD700 thread, but this might be a better place.

Does anyone happen to have a Modmic 5/4 combo with the HD700? If so, have you had any issues with the magnet so close to the drivers? Looks like there's only one place to stick the magnet piece, the only flat piece on the ear cup. I probably should have asked these questions before I purchased one....oh well. I can always test these things myself, but I figured I see if anyone has any info on these questions first.

Thanks

I've seen people with the Modmic attached to HD800, should be just as fine on the HD700.

Haven't played Overwatch in months. Should break that out again, just for the sound quality. Thanks for the reminder!

Haven't played Overwatch in days. I'm itching.

Stream it!
Just check your Twitch chat posts from time to time :wink:

I totally get the feeling though, the last two weeks I was recording and editing every night, or spending time with the wife, and only gamed ONCE when I went to a friend's house to hang out. My PS4 is still sad, in a bag! Hopefully I can stream again Sunday night, gotta finish Phantom Pain before my buddy moves to Texas :'(

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #38,636 of 48,562
Yeah I liked the beta way back when, just wasn't going to pay full price for it. Had a blast the couple games I joined. Did well but lost (no one to play with). It's funny because playing and enjoying Paladins is made me want to go ahead and buy Overwatch haha.

Been addicted to Disc Jam, though.

Haven't played Overwatch in days. I'm itching.

Same here! I played probably every day for 3 weeks straight after it came out, but haven't touched it since. Shame, because it was a lot of fun.

Mar 26, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #38,637 of 48,562
Hello everyone. What microphones would you suggest for online gaming, if I use Cherry MX Blues and don't want a mike to pick up my keyboard? V-Moda BoomPro and ModMic? Any other cheaper or higher quality choices? Thank you.

Wish I could tell you! I have a friend whose keyboard is hilariously loud over the mic. He types so energetically!

I think the ideal would be something with very short range, super cartioid. Condenser vs Dynamic, I have no clue as of yet, but I hope to learn soon.

You know what? Your question is valuable. If you searched Head-Fi for any existing gaming mic threads and didn't find one, just make a thread. And if someone makes good suggestions and explains why it's a good choice, quote it and copy the quote into your first post. A lot of people have the same question, I'm sure!

Mar 26, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #38,638 of 48,562
My vote is for a ModMic.  Either the noise canceling one or the ModMic 5 as it has dual capsules, noise canceling and high quality.  You need something with a high rejection pattern and close proximity activation only.  Shotgun mic is another choice but more cumbersome.  

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #38,639 of 48,562
Always been a fan of getting the best sounding mic I could find, even if it picks up everything, then just using push to talk. Obviously not an option for consoles I guess but I swear by ptt on pc (especially with it bound to footpedal). Think I'm the only 1 though as all my friends are happy with me hearing their fuzz!

1 of the modmic versions does do a decent job of blocking out background noise if that's the route you want to take though.

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #38,640 of 48,562
Hello everyone. What microphones would you suggest for online gaming, if I use Cherry MX Blues and don't want a mike to pick up my keyboard? V-Moda BoomPro and ModMic? Any other cheaper or higher quality choices? Thank you.

My keyboard uses cherry mx blues. Anything without noise-cancelling You can cross straight out. Both the beyerdynamic mic and pc37x mic pick it up. Either add orings to the switches or buy a separate gaming keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back