Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 6, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #37,727 of 48,583
Actually, @Mad Lust Envy
, you might want to check out this -- the Logitech G G533

Last time I heard a Logitech was a decade ago and before I started learning what was possible within headphone audio. Would be good to get this Logitech (flagship) quantified.

Just bought a sexy bike for myself as the wedding/Christmas gift no one else got, so I'm tapped out but having fun building and tuning till we get a dry day or three.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #37,728 of 48,583
  What cable do I need to make this microphone from hyperx 2 work? http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/images/HyperX-Cloud-II-microphone.jpg
Can I just use a normal 3.5mm extension cable like this? http://images.junostatic.com/full/IS296708-01-01-BIG.jpg

Ty to anyone helping because I really suck at this stuff.

That microphone should plug into the bottom of the left ear cup, and then you use the cable attached to  the headset.

Unless, you are trying to use the mic for something else?

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #37,730 of 48,583
The DT770 (16ohm) aren't too bad now that i am used to them a bit, i wouldn't use them for spotify or anything but they are ok for watching youtube and twitch streamers straight out of the ps4 controller, surrounds sounds not bad with the dss2 playing bf1 and they are comfortable for long gaming sessions.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #37,731 of 48,583
  I'm trying to use it with my AKG k702 that's the reason I'm asking. Forgot to say that

Ahh, I see. That makes sense then. A poor mans mod mic, haha. I actually did something similar using a the mic from a Turtle Beach HPX on a pair of Razer Orcas a few years ago. A 3.5mm female to male extension like you linked, should be all you need..and maybe some double sided tape.

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #37,732 of 48,583
Any wireless headsets coming out that make any damn sense for PS4/PC?

I'm still baffled by Astro's decision to sell two versions of the A50 for the opposing consoles. I find this shameful business practice when their older gear worked on all systems.

I definitely need a wireless anything. I thought by now that Senn would sell a wireless Game One/PC360. ***, I'd buy that.

Maybe take a look at the Lucidsound LS40? Multiformat using a USB dongle set up.  I had the Stereo LS30s and they were pretty decent so expecting good things from these.

Have to agree about a wireless Senn solution though - I'd buy that in an instant :) 

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #37,733 of 48,583
^I did it once with a lapel mic clipped on a wire, but the lapel mic clipped to my shirt worked well enough and I got lazy.

I found a USB microphone (Blue Snowball) to be the nicest way to have Surround and any headphone I wanted, but I dunno... once I got the Creative Bluetooth dongle, I had "options," and I DID try a set of Bluetooth headphones once (but they were kinda heavy and I missed the surround), and a few times I used a closed headset with a boom mic. Lots to like about that combo, and it was one of the more comfortable closed headphones I'd tried, but friends mentioned (complained) of background buzzing and noise. Seems like the detachable boom Mic couldn't keep a good connection, probably just an issue with my particular sample.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #37,734 of 48,583
Quick question,

Can my friend use FIIO usb amps such as e10k for DT990 for ps4? or other fiio amp products in that matter. Its not loud enough for ps4 use, but my friend don't have any problem for pc use.
Mixamp/Schiit/SMSL/Micca origen is out of the question cos of availability issues.

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #37,735 of 48,583
  Quick question,

Can my friend use FIIO usb amps such as e10k for DT990 for ps4? or other fiio amp products in that matter. Its not loud enough for ps4 use, but my friend don't have any problem for pc use.
Mixamp/Schiit/SMSL/Micca origen is out of the question cos of availability issues.

For purely stereo, sure. Just set the headphone output to All Audio.

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #37,736 of 48,583
  Ahh, I see. That makes sense then. A poor mans mod mic, haha. I actually did something similar using a the mic from a Turtle Beach HPX on a pair of Razer Orcas a few years ago. A 3.5mm female to male extension like you linked, should be all you need..and maybe some double sided tape.

Awesome! Ty for the answer, the mod mic is like 80 dollars where I live so I thought I would try this first 

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #37,737 of 48,583

For purely stereo, sure. Just set the headphone output to All Audio.

I was thinking the same although i wasn't sure whether the usb will be detected by PS4 or not....

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #37,738 of 48,583
Hey

i will buy a new headphone/headset for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege pls help me what's ur suggestion ?

i should hear silent players.

Max Price : 90$

My english is bad sorry and thanks for interest.

Jan 8, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #37,740 of 48,583
I was thinking the same although i wasn't sure whether the usb will be detected by PS4 or not....

All usb audio devices that support USB Audio Class 1 should work as ling as they do not require a proprietary driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back