Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 14, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #37,006 of 48,578
Nah. Still on my HE-400. Serving me well. Just want the 6XX as a non explosive alternative, but no way I'm spending any money on audio right now, lol.

I wish I never bought Rise of TR on PC almost a year ago. I have yet to play through it. Its too much for mine. I would've picked it up for the Pro.

sorry if you've answered this before, what amp do you use with the HE 400?

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #37,007 of 48,578
Creative X7 LE.

Had it for a while. It's served me well. A couple of dumb things about it, like sometimes having to unplug and plug headphones in to get the amp to switch from speaker mode to headphones, but I've become accustomed to its eccentricities.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #37,008 of 48,578
I'm thinking of getting the K712, are there any significant difference between the K712, KXX & the K702? Also what amp should I get together with them? Thank you.

PS are the DT990 earcup's dimensions bigger than the K712?

@Mad Lust Envy

No which is why I'm saying to pick whichever is cheaper at time of buying. Should be the 7XX, but I dunno how often they are available. Never bought from Massdrop.

And I mean the 702 Anniversary, not the standard. Look at the first page for differences.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #37,009 of 48,578
No which is why I'm saying to pick whichever is cheaper at time of buying. Should be the 7XX, but I dunno how often they are available. Never bought from Massdrop.

And I mean the 702 Anniversary, not the standard. Look at the first page for differences.

The Annie isn't gonna be cheaper. But do you think the price difference from K712 and the Annie is justified?

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #37,010 of 48,578
Essentially the same thing. By cheaper I mean if you happen to find a used one or something.

Just get which is cheapest for you. The three are interchangeable.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #37,011 of 48,578
Nah. Still on my HE-400. Serving me well. Just want the 6XX as a non explosive alternative, but no way I'm spending any money on audio right now, lol.

I wish I never bought Rise of TR on PC almost a year ago. I have yet to play through it. Its too much for mine. I would've picked it up for the Pro.

Rise of TR runs pretty well on my very very modest r9 270x ( by todays standards its a pretty weak card).
The ps4 pro is a huge hardware bargain tbh , you cant really build an equivalent pc for 400 dollars .
The ps4 pro gpu is a very underclocked rx 480 which alone is a 220 dollar gpu .
Pretty impressive stuff by sony , as a pc gamer I think this new console is really impressive overall in terms of hardware power . 

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #37,017 of 48,578
It seems like the PS4 Pro is a solid upgrade on paper, but (like most new technologies), the content to enjoy the new tech is about 6-12 behind taking advantage the hardware. I have a new 4K TV on the way (Samsung UN65KS8000), and trusting Rtings's review, which is more positive than other experts whom I respect. 

Is the Pro worth the plunge at this point, or am I better off waiting a few months until more titles are in place to take advantage of the additional processing power? 

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #37,018 of 48,578
  It seems like the PS4 Pro is a solid upgrade on paper, but (like most new technologies), the content to enjoy the new tech is about 6-12 behind taking advantage the hardware. I have a new 4K TV on the way (Samsung UN65KS8000), and trusting Rtings's review, which is more positive than other experts whom I respect. 

Is the Pro worth the plunge at this point, or am I better off waiting a few months until more titles are in place to take advantage of the additional processing power? 

If you have a 4k tv its worth it IMO . It doesnt do native 4k but it upscales very high resolutions like 1800p and at pretty decent frame rates.
Either way its the best dollar to performance at the moment and a 400 dollar pc wont even touch it there.
4k gaming on the pc is also very expensive , you need a gtx 1080p for serious 4k gaming at decent settings and framerates . This is the current reality .

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #37,019 of 48,578
  Test Video of Sennheiser's GSX 1000

Credit goes to shankly1985 @overclockers forums

Opinions?

Here is another:

IMO it sounds less warmer than DH but more clear as well. Also, seems like directional cues are better, especially the rear "speakers". Trying to remember how THX sounds from my Recon3D and SBX when I had the SB Z.....not sure but I might have to bring out the Recon3D to the PC to test it with my PC Games...

Thanks for posting this up. I wish I had some headphones here at work to listen to this. I'll listen to it tonight and tell you what I think. I'm really interested in this if I could use it on console too.

On Saturday I finally had a chance to test out the X7, and honestly I came away pretty underwhelmed. To be fair I only used it for a couple of games on Modern Warfare Remastered and I was pretty tired. There are so many settings on this thing. First I played with SBX enabled at default settings, which was olkay, and then used these settings found over on XIM4: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=Cm8R9rjGynFO3vO-vNIWX0&topic=45716.0

With these settings it didn't sound that great, but the positional accuracy was there. SBX definitely feels more spacial than DH, especially when your turn surround up to 100%. I used my double amped Mixamp for most of the weekend switching back and forth between the K7XX and AD700x. I still think that combo sounded better than the X7. I'm going to play around a little more with it tonight, and maybe try it on PC to compare to my X-Fi Titanium HD. 

Should be getting a DGX in the mail in the next day or so, so I'll be able to try that out as well. At this point though, I'm thinking of returning the X7, and keeping the Mixamp for Console Xbox/PS4 and buying a Modi 2 Uber to make a Schiit stack for PC. THe whole point of the X7 was to get rid of all these wires, but hooking it up to the Xbox and retaining chat still has a ton of wires. The PS4 is a much cleaner setup for chat on the X7, but I play a lot more Xbox One than PS4, since most of my friends are on Xbox Live. I like how the mixamp only has one wire to the controller and everything else feeds to the Mixamp. We'll see if my feelings change after testing some more tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back