Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 6, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #36,886 of 48,562
I am using the DT880s and X2s with vmoda boompro

The DT880 should be OK plugged into the stereo receiver, but because of impedance issues, might be better to plug the Philips Fidelio X2 directly into the mix-amp.

Can we assume the Mix-amp is plugged into a gaming console?
And you have Dolby enabled on the gaming console?

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #36,889 of 48,562
how does ether c compare to stax lambda and hd 800?

Quick & dirty:
Ether C has unusually great soundstage for a closed headphone, also great sub bass extension, however bass isn't emphasized and overall I find the HD800 more musically exciting/interesting while also having a better soundstage. Both are very comfortable (the HD800 is IMO more so, but I could wear the Ether C for 4-5 hours no problem).

In the end, do you want a closed headphone? Because the Ether C is a great choice. Perhaps slightly more detailed than the open Ether. But I prefer (personally) the sound of the open Ether and the HD800.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #36,891 of 48,562
Quick & dirty:
Ether C has unusually great soundstage for a closed headphone, also great sub bass extension, however bass isn't emphasized and overall I find the HD800 more musically exciting/interesting while also having a better soundstage. Both are very comfortable (the HD800 is IMO more so, but I could wear the Ether C for 4-5 hours no problem).

In the end, do you want a closed headphone? Because the Ether C is a great choice. Perhaps slightly more detailed than the open Ether. But I prefer (personally) the sound of the open Ether and the HD800.
i will be buying only one costly headphone both for gaming and music. Which one should I from these 2?

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #36,893 of 48,562
  Guys have you seen this new tech from Sennheiser - looks very interesting :)

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/audio-amplifier-gsx-1200-pro

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

You are pretty late my friend, we have seen this about 2 months ago.

And talking about this, I have been checking amazon if they have it in stock and they do have it on their site but not in stock...however....

There are already 2 reviews on it and it seems they got the GSX 1000 and 1200 through the vine program. They both gave it 5 stars.

I am honestly not liking this new way of reviewing items. But oh well, this is the new type of marketing many brands have started doing.

I will still purchase one to check it out and see how it fares against DH and SBX.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #36,894 of 48,562
i will be buying only one costly headphone both for gaming and music. Which one should I from these 2?

I would totally get the HD800 personally, and did. I am satisfied with my choice, though right up until I bought the HD800 I had determined that (price being equal) I wanted the open Ether more than either of them, based on listening.

I feel like the HD800 does soundstage size, positional imaging, and comfort best. They IMO do a very good job creating a speaker-like experience (without extra bass). There are also smoking good deals on used ones. I decided those things were what I cared about most long-term, and I happen to own an amp (liquid carbon) that I heard and felt was a great pairing with the HD800 with none of the fatiguing treble I'd heard others complain about.

I personally feel like the Ether C is better for privacy, concentration, and "fulfilling what headphones do best." That last comment may be confusing, but if you think of all the reasons why you would choose to listen to headphones instead of speakers, then I'd say the Ether C does a better job responding to all those reasons.

In the end though, (almost) all the headphones at this price level are incredibly great, and if you can afford it, either one of these is going to be a very impressive and satisfying headphone! You should pick based on which appeals to you more, and then feel content because you won't be making a mistake :)

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #36,895 of 48,562
You are pretty late my friend, we have seen this about 2 months ago.

And talking about this, I have been checking amazon if they have it in stock and they do have it on their site but not in stock...however....

There are already 2 reviews on it and it seems they got the GSX 1000 and 1200 through the vine program. They both gave it 5 stars.I am honestly not liking this new way of reviewing items.

But oh well, this is the new type of marketing many brands have started doing

Used to be, people looked to reviewers to describe and recommend top choices among games, movies, technology, and more, before customers spent their hard-earned cash on things.

Now people are too worried about conspiracy..

I will still purchase one to check it out and see how it fares against DH and SBX.
hopefully is way cool! It sure looks like it was made for us (and hopefully is a Mixamp Killer).

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #36,896 of 48,562
The limited edition X7 on sale on Creatives site for $349..yet the regular X7 is still at $399. I was going to buy a regular X7 one from Sonic Electronix since they had it for $330, but on their page now it says product discontinued.. Wonder if a new version is on the horizon?

Limited Edition on sale:

http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x7-limited-edition#/buy-menu

Sonic Electronix:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_110499_Creative-Sound-Blaster-X7-Black.html

Nov 8, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #36,897 of 48,562
I would totally get the HD800 personally, and did. I am satisfied with my choice, though right up until I bought the HD800 I had determined that (price being equal) I wanted the open Ether more than either of them, based on listening.

I feel like the HD800 does soundstage size, positional imaging, and comfort best. They IMO do a very good job creating a speaker-like experience (without extra bass). There are also smoking good deals on used ones. I decided those things were what I cared about most long-term, and I happen to own an amp (liquid carbon) that I heard and felt was a great pairing with the HD800 with none of the fatiguing treble I'd heard others complain about.

I personally feel like the Ether C is better for privacy, concentration, and "fulfilling what headphones do best." That last comment may be confusing, but if you think of all the reasons why you would choose to listen to headphones instead of speakers, then I'd say the Ether C does a better job responding to all those reasons.

In the end though, (almost) all the headphones at this price level are incredibly great, and if you can afford it, either one of these is going to be a very impressive and satisfying headphone! You should pick based on which appeals to you more, and then feel content because you won't be making a mistake :)
thanks

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #36,898 of 48,562
I wanna know that which combo out of these will be best for gaming and music. I will be using a mojo. I want a detailed,crisp clear sound with everything balanced,good bass,good mids,good soundstage,good imaging and good detail I will be using for guitar so I want guitars to sound very clear. I listen to almost all kind of genres and play almost all kind of games. I will be using in home only so portability is not an issue.
Akg k712 pro and hd598, Akg k712 pro and meze99/b&o h6, Hd598 and meze 99/b&o h6, Meze 99/ b&o h6 and Fidelio x2 Or any other combo which you think is best. Please help me guys

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #36,900 of 48,562
I had the X7 Limited Edition at home for about a week and I thought it was a nice little system. I ran into a few bugs but they weren't horrible. The most common one was that it would enable mic monitoring every time the computer woke from sleep. Thankfully I was able to disable that quickly in the software each time. In the end I brought it back to the office because it belongs to Head-Fi and not me but I wouldn't have minded keeping it around. That said I still love sending Dolby Headphone processed sound from my PC's audio card to an external DAC. I don't see myself moving away from that any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back