Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 18, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #36,766 of 48,565
Does the Realizer A16 allow you to use voice chat on PS4 like mixamp?  There are so many of us who own a mixamp simply because it does what it needs to do quite well notwithstanding the horrible audio quality.   Even the X7 doesn't allow its mic in to be used w/ PS4 chat.  Why is mixamp the only DAC/amp that plays nice with consoles?

Realizer has separate chat input afaik. Also x7 works with psr chat when combined with bt-w2. And I wasn't kidding about that kidney, Realuzer costs 1600$.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #36,767 of 48,565
  K7XX over them any day. 

I own the SHP9500 and I'd take the K7xx over them for gaming, provided you also want to listen to music or watch movies with the headphones.

ThX guys, I really appreciate your opinion, now the amplification. It will not work fine if I connect K7XX to my onboard audio? I plan gaming single player mostly, I was looking to some integrated onboard headphone amp(600Ohms) on Asus ROG motherboards(Hero, Gene) but currently I just have a regular Z97 motherboard. Until then I am considering Asus Xonar U5 or U7. What do you think about going that way, it is cheap amplification but since I am no audiophil and at the same time I want to get all the juice out of them. Those Asus Xonar do have Dolby Headphone though which would be nice to test it in single player for game immersion. What's your opinion, is it wrong this way?

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #36,768 of 48,565
Be aware that the 49" is IPS, and I have no clue what the 55" is, since it isn't sold in the US. I'd suggest a higher line Sony/Samsung instead. The ONLY reason I'm concentrating on the 43" X800D, is because it's the ONLY one of that size to have true HDR color gamut. If I moved to 55" I'd consider probably a Samsung with a VA panel instead (like the KS8000) (bigger Sony sizes are IPS panel and not VA, meaning horrible black levels, unless you go for a X930D which happens to be bad for input lag).

If I were getting a bigger TV, I'd wait until Vizio fixes the HDR input lag on the P series, which should make them decent in input lag, but amazing in colors/blacks due to local dimming (except the 55", it's IPS.). Or if you can afford it, an LG OLED though be aware that its input lag may only be good in certain scenarios.

Honestly, I'd just wait until next year, when all the major companies should have a much bigger push for HDR, especially now that video game consoles support it.

Be aware that Samsung and LG have started selling TVs that ACCEPT HDR signals, but do not DISPLAY HDR. So, those who haven't done their homework may end up with an 'HDR' TV that doesn't do HDR. Also, IPS screens can never truly be HDR due to their really bright black levels. You lose a ton of contrast with IPS. So always make sure you know exactly what it is you're buying.

I like the idea of the Samsung KS8000, but don't like that it's motion blur is questionable. I'm very sensitive to motion blur of LCD TVs unless they have some form of strobing.

Sorry to derail my own thread.
I found out the hard way that my sony 55"X810C accepts HDR streaming only. So its worthless for ps4 pro HDR. Still a nice TV though.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #36,769 of 48,565
I found out the hard way that my sony 55"X810C accepts HDR streaming only. So its worthless for ps4 pro HDR. Still a nice TV though.

A few months ago, I was dead set on actually buying the 810C. Aside from the HDR, it has everything I wanted. For a great price. The only thing that stopped me was the feeling in the back of my head of "This TV is fantastic, but it's gonna be missing the one feature that companies are gonna push in the near future."

Part of me still thinks I should've went for it, because I feel HDR may not impress me as much as the superb motion handling, and 120hz PC signal capabilities.

I'm that one guy in the world that would have used Clearness 5 on that TV's motion settings. :D Dim image, but CRT-like motion blur for 60hz signal, and 120hz signals if you set Clearness to 3-4.. Which is essentially perfection.

That 810C is essentially the X830C but with a VA panel, which was so much more ideal, but Sony didn't have a 43" version of. :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #36,772 of 48,565
A few months ago, I was dead set on actually buying the 810C. Aside from the HDR, it has everything I wanted. For a great price. The only thing that stopped me was the feeling in the back of my head of "This TV is fantastic, but it's gonna be missing the one feature that companies are gonna push in the near future."

Part of me still thinks I should've went for it, because I feel HDR may not impress me as much as the superb motion handling, and 120hz PC signal capabilities.

I'm that one guy in the world that would have used Clearness 5 on that TV's motion settings. :D Dim image, but CRT-like motion blur for 60hz signal, and 120hz signals if you set Clearness to 3-4.. Which is essentially perfection.

That 810C is essentially the X830C but with a VA panel, which was so much more ideal, but Sony didn't have a 43" version of. :frowning2:
I love the tv for what it does and has...but i regret not spending a few extra on the higher model with HDR. I didn't know what HDR was when I bought this TV. Sigh.. But it is a really nice tv for the price. I'm one of those weird people who like the Soap Opera effect and this Tv lets you adjust it from off to high and inbetween. Its great for gaming!

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #36,773 of 48,565
Or order them with a hotel as a delivery address, then drive down to the hotel to pick it up. Get reservations in advance so the hotel knows they should expect it.

Hotel? Lol. There are package services available all around the border areas if you happen to live driving distance to the border. My border entry is like 15 minute drive so its great. I order stuff from the U.S. all the time and get it shipped to my package place (they are called Letterlock) and there are hundreds of others offering similar services. All I pay is a couple bucks to pick up my package that they hold for me.

Coming back across the border into Canada, depending on the value of product you are bringing back (under $200 they never charge you duty/taxes). Anything over $200 you simply pay whatever your tax percentage is where you live (12% over here).

Anyways, it's quick, painless and you save tons of money on certain items that Canada loves to charge a fortune for some reason.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #36,774 of 48,565
Simple question: Do open-back headphones play nice with always-on voice chat while gaming? I'm worried about feedback coming through the microphone, one of the reasons why I use headphones for gaming in the first place. For reference, the headphones in question would either be a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s or AKG K702s.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #36,775 of 48,565
Simple question: Do open-back headphones play nice with always-on voice chat while gaming? I'm worried about feedback coming through the microphone, one of the reasons why I use headphones for gaming in the first place. For reference, the headphones in question would either be a pair of Sennheiser HD 598s or AKG K702s.

You're all good sir! Open back is the way to go! If u read the firsts page the high scoring phones are majority open back.
I've never had an issue as I'm sure most here haven't either.

Personally I'd pull for the k702's if I were you, also consider the k7xx/k712's!

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #36,776 of 48,565
No idea how sensitive the mic gas to be to pick up sound leak from open headphones. I used 598 with ModMic and that never happened to me.

Oct 20, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #36,778 of 48,565
Yes.

Does anyone know if the 599 offers sound improvements?

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #36,780 of 48,565
Did you know that on the first page of this thread there is a review of this headphone by someone very experienced about this matter?

quoting Mighty Lord Entity

And I'm happy to report that they are ABSOLUTELY phenomenal for gaming. They belong right up there with the best for competitive gaming. Soundstage? Check. Positional accuracy? Double check. Detail retrieval? Triple check. The trifecta. It's missing very little for those needs. The bass may be a bit too laid back for those wanting some immersion in their non-competitive gaming however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back