Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 12, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #35,611 of 48,579
BF1 gameplay looked like a bf4 reskin with battlefront interface. I'm kinda disappointed.

It did, actually, but I guess that is what made it promising. Not really surprised when a game releases every year or two. As long as it's Battlefield and not Hardline: Grand Theft Duty.

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #35,612 of 48,579
Well you guys can dislike BF 1 all you want but I'm still getting it lol. Yes it seems like a reskin but guees what? Almost all games seem like a reskin nowadays especially if they use a similar game engine. There is no reason for DICE to try a new game engine in which they could make things worse for the game. BF4 as of now plays way better than when it first came out.

What I am really looking foward to is the game mechanics and how everything is going to be balanced as well as how the limited amount of weapons will workout. I like the idea of BF going back to the basics like in BF 1942. Hopefully it keeps that simpleness.

As for COD....its not going to ever RIP. You will always have your COD fanboys and BF fanboys. I will however get the latest COD to actually play the remake of COD MW. But lets be honest, the franchise has been going downhill lately and even the COD fanboys are really considering trying BF, change of pace I guess. I always think COD as of late has been catered more towards kids and teenagers nowadays. Compared to BF which seems to cater to all ages.
They are 2 different games for 2 different taste.

Personally, I think COD needs to reinvent itself, especially because the name Call of Duty was meant to be used for the fallen heroes of world war 2, as a respect to them. The way the name is used now is more synonymous to a violent competitive arena. But I doubt they will get rid of the COD name because it has become too big and everyone knows it just as good as they know the Hubble Space telescope.

As for COD selling more copies than before or even BF 1? Well someone on the overclocking.net forums showed that the BF1 trailers have more views and likes than COD Infinite Warfare and COD IW had more dislikes and less views.

This could be very subjective because for all we know, BF fanboys probably disliked it as well. But some COD gamers are saying that they are getting pretty tired of COD, they will buy it however but probably wont play it as much since they do want to try something different hence BF 1.

I honestly like fast paced FPS games and COD MW was my favorite of all COD, second being COD 2 for PC but my playstyle does cater more towards BF 1 and I do have friends who PTFO, so the experience for me in BF games has been far from being boring. Compared to COD, I always felt like things would get out of hand completely and then you have players getting pissed off that they werent doing crap in the game or what not...just the chat all around was very competitive and stressful for some reason lol and I play competitively. I guess in COD games, it depends who you play with.

Not saying that BF games dont have these problems, they do have them but I have probably had less occurrences with BF games than COD games for sure.

Also for me as of late, I feel BF games (BF3, BF4) have more replay value than COD. Like you actually grind to get those unlocks. In COD, it almost felt to easy to unlock most stuff. I would rank up so quick in COD BO 2 that I seriously stop playing it after 2 months. It bored me, even though it was a good game in a way but it was being too easy with the unlocks and everything.

With that being said....there is something we need to understand with what the game developers are doing...

They are being pushed hard and told to release these games a lot more quicker than usual. One perfect example was SW Battlefront.

There was an article where DICE themseleves said that they delivered an incomplete game (not exactly in those words but thats what they meant) mainly because EA wanted to release the game alongside woth the Primier of the new Star Wars movie.

Wwll obviously this isnt DICE fault but more on EA side. Why? Because money....there is nothing wrong with that, it is business as usual but it just seems that game developers are expected to deliver a game to a certain deadline, wether its finished or partially finished. And that is quite sad how the gaming industry has eveolved to. We use to wait 2 or 3 years for the next sequel of the game. Mod tools were given to keep us entertain and make mods or custom maps for games. Now all that is lost and replaced with yearly releaes in intervals (Like BF4, BF Hardline, SWBF, etc)

I think this is becoming more of a rant towards the end and I am on my phone on a Sunday evening doing nothing because I'm bored lol.

But yeah, BF1 reskin or not still looks cool...probabaly one of the best reskins so far lol.

COD reskins for the most part have not lived up to its hype and hopefully COD MW remake brings in some hope into what COD should always have been since the beginning.

Besides those 2 games...Im really looking foward to Titnfall 2, Rising Storm Vietnam, along with Batallion 1944

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #35,613 of 48,579
Oh, I'll be getting BF1 too. It will still be the better FPS the market has to offer as far as gameplay variety and replay-ability. I also agree with you about re-skins. Just look and Injustice 2. A reskin to MKX, which was a re-skin to the first Injustice, which was a re-skin to MK9. Dark Souls 3 was a re-skin of Bloodborne. Etc, etc.

My concern is how the FPS genre is dying because of CoD. Here's interesting take on why if you can ignore the CoD hate and listen to what he says about the focus groups that are chosen when most FPS games are in development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8y_rQ7aew

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #35,614 of 48,579
As for COD selling more copies than before or even BF 1? Well someone on the overclocking.net forums showed that the BF1 trailers have more views and likes than COD Infinite Warfare and COD IW had more dislikes and less views.

This could be very subjective because for all we know, BF fanboys probably disliked it as well. But some COD gamers are saying that they are getting pretty tired of COD, they will buy it however but probably wont play it as much since they do want to try something different hence BF 1.

We often forget that the majority of casuals do not follow the internet as most of us do, outside of social media. People I know in real life don't even know about a game's existence unless they see ads on TV or Facebook. CoD will still sell like crazy, just as Madden and NBA 2K always will.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #35,617 of 48,579
MY guess is that in order to play CoD4, you'll have to launch it from Infinite Warfare's main menu. That ensures Activision that you MUST have Infinite Warfare if you wanna play CoD4.

The only people who say RIPCOD are BF fanboys that actually think COD players would buy anything else but COD. There are BF gamers, and COD gamers. Nothing either company does will ever change that. People will tend to stick with whichever resonates more with them.

Face it, BF and COD cater to very different people. RIPCOD is about the stupidest thing I've seen in awhile. COD is never going to die, same as BF will never die.

The sheer number of people that will be playing CoD4 is likely going to trounce BF1 numbers, lol. The casual crowd will always levitate towards CoD.

In any case, I'm interested in playing BF1 because they've finally decided to HOPEFULLY do something different. At least in the campaign. I don't care about multiplayer. I only play COD for multiplayer because I' not a team player, and have no desire to ever cooperate with others. It's why I skipped Overwatch.

Before anyone even thinks of calling me a CoD fanboy, let me remind you that the last game I bought from CoD was Ghosts, and before that Black Ops 1. So yeah, I don't have a LOVE for CoD. I DO have a love for CoD4 however, and that will always be the best FPS game of all time for me. Other than that and BLOPS1, I mainly only rent CoD for their campaigns, and barely touch the multiplayers, especially lately.

I've actually bought and played MORE BF games than CoD games, ironically, and even so, I don't care for those games at all. They're too sluggish, too big, too team focused for my playstyle, and their campaigns are crap. I do have hopes for BF1's campaign being worth the rental.

I actually have more fun playing games like Syndicate, and whatever other FPS games have a fun single player campaign.
Pretty much agree about campaign parts. Even Cod Ghosts blow away any BF single player! And if you compare BF campaigns against MW first 2 parts and BO 2 parts, BF become pathetic in comparison. I cant imagine EA can bring good single player any time soon.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #35,618 of 48,579
COD campaigns are untouchable, except for BO3. That one was amazingly terrible

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #35,619 of 48,579
  some video of the new a50s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoveuCJ8uvk

Was going to post the exact same video.

BO2 had an awesome campaign. Decision making was actually better than some RPG I played due to the fact that decisions (some of them at least) were made inside the gameplay and not the dialogue options.

Jun 13, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #35,620 of 48,579
Well, Titanfall 2 looks fun. All DLC being free post launch is awesome. I wish more would do the same and rid this season pass crap.

Really? They've all been forgettable to me (except the early MWs), just like most other military shooter campaigns. I have yet to buy or play a CoD campaign this gen, however. Still want to try the one with Spacey.

The Bad Company campaigns, on the other hand, they are untouchable.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #35,621 of 48,579
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm/Heroes of the West and PlanetSide 2 were my favorite multiplayer FPS of the last few years. I had to mostly stop playing RO2/RS though because the free aim system in ADS seriously screwed with my ability to hit anything and my performance in other shooters. Hopefully RS2: Vietnam gets rid of it, or at least gives players the option for raw mouse input.

Jun 13, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #35,622 of 48,579
Has anyone tried the Fostex T40/50rp for gaming?
Been checking them out and they look like a good investment for the price (especially with that $50 rebate), though I will probably have to find a good amp to run those.
Also anyone know if a US amazon account with prime will still work in Canada?

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #35,623 of 48,579
Vader2k
It's confirmed! You can most definitely run seperate game/audio chat with mic + other features like mic monitoring, capability to play your own music through your headset, feed any audio you want to your peers, etc.. all for around $100.
What you'll need is a behringer 802 mixer (not usb version($60 new)), Sabrent USB sound card ($6), xlr input microphone (around $20), Hosa 1/4 TRS to dual TS 1/4 Y cable (from AVR to mixer($5-7)), Hosa 3.5mm to 1/4 stereo (mic input on Sabrent to mixer ($5-7),3.5mm to 1/4 Y cable (Sabrent HP out to mixer (around $5)),
I would buy a couple extra 3.5mm to 1/4 in Y cables so you can plug things like your phone, mp3 player, or CPU into the mixer too. Also, get a few 3.5mm to 1/4 adapters so you can transform your cables if you need to.
From the HP jack on the AVR I run that to 5/6 so I can get eq's on my game audio. The single 1/4 to 3.5 you run from FX Send to the mic input on the mixer essentially acts as a audio input for the PS4 so whoever you're chatting with will be able to hear anything that you twist the FX knob up on; maybe like a playlisy for a raid.. except it will be mp3 quality instead of coming through your mic. The 3.5 to 1/4 y feeds into stereo aux and the aux return knob will make chat louder or softer... and of course you'll use a kick ass pair of cans from the HP out on the mixer (which you'll obviously need a 3.5 to 1/4 adapter for) to get all of your audio. I'm typing this on my phone and left a lot of detail out. It's actually quite simple and we'll worth the money. Hope I was able to enlighten you on getting the best possible audio experience from your receiver! PM me if you have any questions or want me to make up a shopping cart on Amazon for everything you need.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #35,624 of 48,579
Vader2k
It's confirmed! You can most definitely run seperate game/audio chat with mic + other features like mic monitoring, capability to play your own music through your headset, feed any audio you want to your peers, etc.. all for around $100.
What you'll need is a behringer 802 mixer (not usb version($60 new)), Sabrent USB sound card ($6), xlr input microphone (around $20), Hosa 1/4 TRS to dual TS 1/4 Y cable (from AVR to mixer($5-7)), Hosa 3.5mm to 1/4 stereo (mic input on Sabrent to mixer ($5-7),3.5mm to 1/4 Y cable (Sabrent HP out to mixer (around $5)),
I would buy a couple extra 3.5mm to 1/4 in Y cables so you can plug things like your phone, mp3 player, or CPU into the mixer too. Also, get a few 3.5mm to 1/4 adapters so you can transform your cables if you need to.
From the HP jack on the AVR I run that to 5/6 so I can get eq's on my game audio. The single 1/4 to 3.5 you run from FX Send to the mic input on the mixer essentially acts as a audio input for the PS4 so whoever you're chatting with will be able to hear anything that you twist the FX knob up on; maybe like a playlisy for a raid.. except it will be mp3 quality instead of coming through your mic. The 3.5 to 1/4 y feeds into stereo aux and the aux return knob will make chat louder or softer... and of course you'll use a kick ass pair of cans from the HP out on the mixer (which you'll obviously need a 3.5 to 1/4 adapter for) to get all of your audio. I'm typing this on my phone and left a lot of detail out. It's actually quite simple and we'll worth the money. Hope I was able to enlighten you on getting the best possible audio experience from your receiver! PM me if you have any questions or want me to make up a shopping cart on Amazon for everything you need.

Why the hell would You use such a complicated setup?

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #35,625 of 48,579
Vader2k

Why the hell would You use such a complicated setup?

Aside from the impressive level of complexity, does this setup sound any good? It sounds like the audio signal has to pass through a lot of channels before it reaches your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back