Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #32,101 of 48,583
  Random Q but do you guys think we'll ever see a Vali 2?  

If they do, I hope they make it with "conventional" tubes that you can roll easily.

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #32,104 of 48,583
What I'd really like to see from Schiit is a Vali replacement that uses a 12AU7. That's a pretty solid tube and would be a great "gateway" amp for the tube sound. Maybe offer a "solid state tube" for it like the other ones.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #32,105 of 48,583
Random Q but do you guys think we'll ever see a Vali 2?  

I would love that. Love, LOVE the Vali.

NO, not conventional tubes. The allure for me is that the Vali is as good as it gets, with tubes that have near solid state time lifespan. I don't care how much better tubes can be if I have to deal with swapping eventually, or having to stress about which tubes are better, etc. There are a MILLION tube amps with rollable tubes. Get those instead. Leave the Vali for those who just want a product that works as intended out of the box, without worrying what tubes may be better, or when the tubes will die.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #32,106 of 48,583
It would be dope to write a book on the history of audio in videogames. I have a writing background, so my output would be slightly better than amateurish (though admittedly, not by much).

Many of you have either a wealth of knowledge, or are good writers, or both.

Just throwing it out there in case any of our experts here like the idea and are interested in a collaboration.

I don't really have time to do this at the moment, but it could be fun.

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #32,107 of 48,583
It would be dope to write a book on the history of audio in videogames. I have a writing background, so my output would be slightly better than amateurish (though admittedly, not by much).

Many of you have either a wealth of knowledge, or are good writers, or both.

Just throwing it out there in case any of our experts here like the idea and are interested in a collaboration.

I don't really have time to do this at the moment, but it could be fun.

Check out Nameless's Guide to PC Gaming. A lot of valuable info there regarding videogame audio

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #32,108 of 48,583
I'd dig that 
wink.gif

I might base my bachelor thesis on something similar 
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #32,110 of 48,583
Hi there guys,

I'm just hoping someone can help me out with some issues I am having getting mic output on the PS4.

So I have a 2011 Mixamp connected via optical cable to the PS4 and usb powered through AC.

I have a Y splitter cable connected to the audio jack on the mixamp.

Connected to the spiitter cable are my AD700x headphones and a Sony Lavalier mic.

I am able to hear chat audio and game audio through the cans, however no there is no outgoing mic audio.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have the exact same issue on the Xbox One as well.
Thank you.

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #32,111 of 48,583
  Hi there guys,

I'm just hoping someone can help me out with some issues I am having getting mic output on the PS4.

So I have a 2011 Mixamp connected via optical cable to the PS4 and usb powered through AC.

I have a Y splitter cable connected to the audio jack on the mixamp.

Connected to the spiitter cable are my AD700x headphones and a Sony Lavalier mic.

I am able to hear chat audio and game audio through the cans, however no there is no outgoing mic audio.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have the exact same issue on the Xbox One as well.
Thank you.

The problem is, there is no actual connection between Your microphone and the consoles. Connect the Mixamp via USB to the PS4 or buy a PS4 Chat cable like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PS4-Chat-Cable-for-Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-Fast-Shipping-USA-PlayStation-4-/181601925790?hash=item2a48517a9e

Sep 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #32,113 of 48,583
  Thanks for the reply. 

Initially I had assumed that as well, however I connected the usb to the PS4 to make sure and nothing had actually changed.

First Mixamp model does not have USB chat function
ce96a6a6_mixamp.jpg

Looks like this.

Later models do. If You have a first generation Mixamp, buy PS4 chat cable (works with Xbox too)

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #32,115 of 48,583
I wasn't aware you could hear yourself in chat ever on the Mixamp. I don't remember if that's even a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back