Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 11, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #32,086 of 48,583
I would think the Magni 2 would probably be a good solution for the Q701 in terms of amping on a budget. If the Project Polaris at $215 = less than 150 Euros, then I would personally check that one out, since it has a lot of power for the price.

I assume you have a gaming dac/amp in the mix somewhere, because you're gonna want to plug in that amp to something.

The Turtle Beach DSS goes for less than $20 on Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-DSS-7-1-Dolby-Surround-Sound-Processor-x11-p11-/300884680998?hash=item460e1fe126

Just be wary that microphones won't work out of the box with that one, and I recommend jumping up to the Mixamp or Creative Recon USB if you want all functionalities.

I already have a mixamp pro 2013. I play a lot of ps4 and xbox one.
On ps4 with the sennheiser game one it's so easy.
On xbox lots of cables adapters etc.
A lot of people talk about the o2.
That's the one I'm more inclined to.
Schiit magni is OK but big.

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #32,088 of 48,583
  what's better for gaming beyer T1 or Hd 800 ?

HD 800.

-better soundstage in width and depth, clearly better imaging and SKELETON BUILDING aka CRAFTING THE SONAR ARCHITECTURE OF THE GAME WORLD MAN
-seriously, the imaging is clearly superior
-better clarity throughout
-more (micro)details
-lower distortion throughout the whole spectrum and yes, better bass, the kick-bass section is very very tight and HARDHITTING
-better comfort

-needs at least a Modi 2 Uber and a Vali, else forget about it. Gaming with X7 is good though if you care about Sony Playstation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One

T1:

-cheaper
-5 years warranty
-cheap replacement stuff (Sennheiser is beyond greedy)
-I am sorry but the T1 does nothing better, it's not only technically inferior, it's audibly worse

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #32,089 of 48,583

I'd argue this one - I needed a replacement of one of my HD 598 ear pads - $AU40 and I was sent 2 pads and the driver covers direct from Senn.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #32,092 of 48,583
Magni 2 is more powerful than o2?
Didnt know that.
I look ate the specs but I'm a noob at this.
Schiit to connect it to console and mixamp I would need rca cables to 3.5 I think.

Correct. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #32,094 of 48,583

HD 800.

-better soundstage in width and depth, clearly better imaging and SKELETON BUILDING aka CRAFTING THE SONAR ARCHITECTURE OF THE GAME WORLD MAN
-more (micro)details
-lower distortion throughout the whole spectrum and yes, better bass, the kick-bass section is very very tight and HARDHITTING
-better comfort

-needs at least a Modi 2 Uber and a Vali, else forget about it. Gaming with X7 is good though if you care about Sony Playstation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One

Also needs performing the Anaxilus mod, otherwise the treble peak of the stock HD 800's should be awful for gaming. They will perform notoriously better with a better amp as well.

To be honest, I think using a HD 800 for gaming really is a waste of your money. If you want clarity and details for competitive gaming, then you'd be better off with the AD 700 (and $2000-$3000 richer). In the end a hard hitting bass is a distraction when gaming.

Or if you want a headphone that is also good for music, the all rounder, then the Fidelio X2 should do the trick. After all one thing are the scores on the OP's list and  having access to pricier products, but in actuality MLE, Nameless and others don't use the highest scoring nor the pricier headphones.

Personally though,  I think that if you want the very best (and reliable) setup then you have to make different ones for each usage. For gaming lets say a AD700 (or a AKG) + mixamp, then another for music with open-back phones such as the LCD 3 + Burson + DAC for music, then another for portable use (I suggest IEMs), and so on. There isn't a single headphone or earphone, dac and amp out there that isn't a compromise in one or more areas.

For example at the office I use the HD600 -for music-, while at home I have the Oppo PM-3 as the all rounder (the 3.5mm input supports the V-Moda BoomPro mic), the HD598 for uberpro gaming (and for HD555 nostalgia reasons), and for portable use I have the Xiaomi Piston 2. Of that setup, I'm looking to upgrade the IEMs and that's it. Well maybe I could have a better amp at home too.

Or if I were to have the simplest yet best setup as possible, I'd get a really nice IEM for music and isolating gaming, with a top of the line DAP so it works as DAC on the PC at home and at the office. Secondly get a really nice open headphone for gaming in mind (the AD700 or maybe the AKGs), with a soundcard or external DAC that supports dolby surround stuff, then sell the rest.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #32,095 of 48,583

HD 800.

-more (micro)details
-better comfort

T1:

-cheaper
-5 years warranty
-I am sorry but the T1 does nothing better, it's not only technically inferior, it's audibly worse

whooooo very nice that help me , I'm hunting hd 800 ,If anyone intrested to trade his hd 800 for lcd 3 fazor or th900 please pm ,
One last Q : I own T1 ,but many said it is better in fps since it has more natural 3d soundstage ? what kinda of games you play when using hd 800 ?

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #32,097 of 48,583
Can you recommend any cables?
Is rca and phono the same? I see a lot of phonos.

This is what it should look like :)
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261666802578&alt=web

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #32,099 of 48,583
I think I will go for the magni instead of the o2.
Have a oficial schiit store here.
To pair with mixamp pro and akg q701.
Is it worth the magni Uber?

Yes. It is the better version if you can afford it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back