Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #30,181 of 48,578

I also just saw one for $470 OBO on e-bay in "Used - Like New" condition. There's one day left if someone wanted to take a shot at an offer on that... might be able to get it cheaper. Of course, no warranty when you buy used... if you're into the whole warranty thing.

Basically $9 more for bstock on razordog and you get a warranty.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #30,182 of 48,578

I also just saw one for $470 OBO on e-bay in "Used - Like New" condition. There's one day left if someone wanted to take a shot at an offer on that... might be able to get it cheaper. Of course, no warranty when you buy used... if you're into the whole warranty thing.

Basically $9 more for bstock on razordog and you get a warranty.

It's the OBO part that piques my interest. Best offer could end up being $430 or $440 or something... it's a roll of the dice, but that could be $50-$60 less than the $489 B-stock. Sometimes you get lucky. 

Razordog is the safe bet, but different buyers value different things.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #30,183 of 48,578
It's the OBO part that piques my interest. Best offer could end up being $430 or $440 or something... it's a roll of the dice, but that could be $50-$60 less than the $489 B-stock. Sometimes you get lucky. 

Razordog is the safe bet, but different buyers value different things.
So what's the conclusion review on The TH600 lol? I got lost because Mad jumped to TH900 and didn't conclude the TH600 review (or He did) where it stands? It's worth $500/$600? It's a big difference from the TH900? What would the score be? TYLL HERTSENS Wrote me a é-mail saying that bought are too Bright for his taste!

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #30,184 of 48,578
Tyll really doesn't like anything even close to bright.  Neutral is too bright for him.  That's why he doesn't review the HiFiMan headphones.

Point being, you need to get an idea of his tastes to understand if it will be too bright for YOU.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #30,185 of 48,578
Tyll really doesn't like anything even close to bright.  Neutral is too bright for him.  That's why he doesn't review the HiFiMan headphones.

Point being, you need to get an idea of his tastes to understand if it will be too bright for YOU.
Lol I was like this guys takes 5 to 10 min to review headphones on his Channel and that was the best answer he could give me? Lol Well. Thx buddy for the input!

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #30,186 of 48,578
Lol I was like this guys takes 5 to 10 min to review headphones on his Channel and that was the best answer he could give me? Lol Well. Thx buddy for the input!

Well to be fair, I don't go into depth about headphones I don't like either.  The EL-8 closed?  Listened for like 10 seconds and I knew I wasn't interested.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #30,188 of 48,578
Well I though he review Headphones in general independent if he likes then or not. He even reviewed the Denon series http://youtu.be/UG6tfCCZgGc

He occasionally reviews headphones he doesn't like, especially if they're very good despite his personal tastes.  But the fact that he farmed out the HE-560 review to someone else says something.  Like, that's a very very good sounding headphone that a ton of people like and he can't bring himself to listen to it enough to give it a fair review.  I don't even think it's all THAT bright!  lol

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #30,189 of 48,578
Well I though he review Headphones in general independent if he likes then or not. He even reviewed the Denon series http://youtu.be/UG6tfCCZgGc

He occasionally reviews headphones he doesn't like, especially if they're very good despite his personal tastes.  But the fact that he farmed out the HE-560 review to someone else says something.  Like, that's a very very good sounding headphone that a ton of people like and he can't bring himself to listen to it enough to give it a fair review.  I don't even think it's all THAT bright!  lol

Well, it's ljokerl's primary headphone, and he's probably done just as many headphone reviews as Tyll. It kinda made sense to have him do the review on the HE-560.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #30,190 of 48,578
Well, it's ljokerl's primary headphone, and he's probably done just as many headphone reviews as Tyll. It kinda made sense to have him do the review on the HE-560.

Fine, but that doesn't really change my point.  Tyll doesn't like them and didn't want to review them himself, even though he knows they're good.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #30,191 of 48,578
It makes sense because anyone would expect him to not just review the Fostex TH900/600 but also compare it with the Denons. He knows that it would attract a lot viewer since a lot people wonders about it!

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #30,192 of 48,578

I haven't tried the TH-600, but analysis of the CSD waterfall plot shows a ringing at 6.5khz, which is probably the brightness Tyll is referring to. I'd be willing to bet somebody on head-fi has figured out a mod ot fix this by now.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #30,193 of 48,578
To be fair, I'm the same. I don't want to put up reviews of headphones that aren't suited to my taste. It's bhard to judge, since obviously othersbwill find it better than I do. As for the TH600 review, that will be quite a wait. In short, yes its awesome, and yes the TH900 is even better. Both are stellar for gaming with bass that goes deep but does not detract from soundwhoring due to a sense of separation between bass and mids (more so on the TH900 by a stretch). Both are tuned towards fun, but are very capable for competitive.

In the case of the TH900, its so fast in the bass, it betrays what the graphs imply. Its not the bass monster graphs show. Yes, it has some epic bass, but not basshead bass. Th600 has more of a standard tyoe of bassy bass you can expeft from bass heavy headphones. Neither are boomy or over the top.

Also, from my own tests, there is NOTHING problematic at 6.5khz. Its 5khz on the pair I had that was a bit iffy on frequency tests. In normal use though, i didnt have much of a problem. Certainly something more problematic in controlled testing than general use.

Apr 6, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #30,195 of 48,578
That's gonna be quite a wait too. It's in their hands when it gets published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back