Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 11, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #28,306 of 48,565
Grado has a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter with a short cord inbetween, this is ideal to keep from having a big fat weight straining the headphone port.

You seem to be seeking a connection with optical devices?

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #28,307 of 48,565
  For those of you that run Astro Mixamp + Amp + Headphones with mic, when the mic is not connected do you use the Mixamp alone? Even If I can get satisfying volume with the Mixamp connected to my K7XX sans mic would I get improved sound if I add the Schiit Magni 2 Uber or just louder volume?

Both improved sound and louder volume. After I plugged my mixamp into the Magni I never unplugged it again (except for cleaning/maintenance stuff) With the right cables You can turn the Mixamp/Magni combo into a really tidy setup.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #28,308 of 48,565
I'm willing to spend more but I watched a review from zeospantera and he said it was amazing. Not sure if he is an employee of smsl but he seems to love this dac/amp.

The one you linked to really seems like a nice little unit for the price. The reviews praise it :)
Though the DAC portion is probably much better than the amp portion.
For the price again, I would probably give it a shot :)

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #28,310 of 48,565
  The content of the HDMI stream need to be read by the receiver (the hdmi does not have specific audio or video pins) and, decoded (if the transmitter device is using HDCP).
It may perhaps be only couple of miliseconds but even that amount is detrimental to the player as it decreases controller responsiveness.

The Realiser doesn't (and can't) do any decoding - it just passes the video straight through. And it needs the source device to transmit LPCM audio - it can't decode Dolby Digital or TrueHD or the DTS equivalents. It may be different with receivers but there's no noticeable lag...

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #28,311 of 48,565
  guys please help me...for fps competitive gaming only use ad700x or akg k612? i buy soundblaster z with 500 ohm amp i need best soundstage,imaging and positional accuracy possible

Buy Audeze LCD-3 with MSB Diamond DAC IV and Schiit Ragnarok amp. This is the only solution.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #28,313 of 48,565
Grado has a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter with a short cord inbetween, this is ideal to keep from having a big fat weight straining the headphone port.

You seem to be seeking a connection with optical devices?

I have read that if I go optical out to a dac/amp I could use my sbx "virtual surround" out of my pc sound card and the surround sound will work through the dac. I am not tied to optical, just something I've read about recently. If you have other recommendations that would be awesome. I am going to have the headphones this week and am going to be without dac/amp, not good lol.

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #28,315 of 48,565
  Buy Audeze LCD-3 with MSB Diamond DAC IV and Schiit Ragnarok amp. This is the only solution.

The MSB dac isn't the best dac you can get..don't believe what you read on absolute sounds and stereophile half of it's a pile if crap..you can get loads of dacs that beat that for a lot less..audio research gear is a lot better than anything MSB can do..the media bridge beats the diamond dac IV in every way..i have the dac 8 and that will probably even beat it!

Jan 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #28,317 of 48,565
  k612 or ad700x for gaming only use?(cs go) and soundblaster z

I'm sure you'll be happy with either.  The AT should be better for pure competitive gaming and the AKG should be better for just about everything else.  But if you will literally use them for nothing other than competitive gaming, get the AT.

Jan 11, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #28,318 of 48,565

The MSB dac isn't the best dac you can get..don't believe what you read on absolute sounds and stereophile half of it's a pile if crap..you can get loads of dacs that beat that for a lot less..audio research gear is a lot better than anything MSB can do..the media bridge beats the diamond dac IV in every way..i have the dac 8 and that will probably even beat it!

I wasn't going for best sounding. I was going for ridiculously expensive.

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #28,319 of 48,565
Very nice "lair" sir!

Thanks man! The rack is Rubbermaid (Closetmaid) with the wood front covers. Easy to install and holds a ton of weight as well as keeping things cool and cleanly organized.  I use another one in our den for the living room components so there are no components in the living room just the TV mounted to the wall. All RF remotes FTW!

Styles,
That is a truely awesome and well-sorted area and setup. It's almost annoying how clean other people's setups look than mine, but really I'm "that kind" of artist whose busy mind is unfortunately reflected in a busy table. Thanks for reminding me that I'd really like to get an articulating arm mount for my display
smily_headphones1.gif

No meaning to sound creepy, but I'd enjoy watching you stream gameplay while also getting to see you enjoying your custom environment. Stay cool dude!
I have the HD700 and have heard the MA900, I got a good impression of the MA900's character testing with games/movies/music (tbh I've used the HD700 longer so far but only for gaming, so far!).

Velcro wire wraps are your friend. Its easy to clean up any setup. That wall mount for the monitor is the longest reach single mount at 21".  I have a couple others and it will hold a 32" no problem if needed.  I think it was like $25 ish on amazon.

Hahaha, for sure no worries on that. I'll try to stream more. My Twitch is: styles_monster 
Lots of trash talk and I have a fun group of friends to make it a good watch. Plenty of "XBOX- RECORD THAT!!!" highlight reel action for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back