Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Nov 30, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #27,361 of 48,562
Yeah, the X2 is a headphone for people that want only ONE headphone for all purposes. It fits that description, all too well.

But yeah, if you have other headphones excelling in other areas, the X2 isn't going to beat them.

The X2 is an all rounder through and through. Adept in all manner of things, but master of none.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #27,363 of 48,562
That's my birthday!

HINT HINT NUDGE WINK

TELL CREATIVE I WILL REVIEW IT FOR THEM AS A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #27,364 of 48,562
Well...
I was seriously hoping to review it myself, I have video reviews of all the other processors I've owned done and you were more the headphone (plus mixamp, damn you for making that a Kleenex or Clorox or PingPong-type brand :p ) guy, BUT Creative hasn't replied to me in over a week, so maybe you'll have more luck with your "Contributor" status and Google search results popularity... I do think it merits it's own review separate from this headphone thread (but you can link to it!). Good Luck getting a sample unit... I want one to keep anyway.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #27,365 of 48,562
Hopefully final question from me.

I'm torn between the X2s and the Q701. Use would be gaming 80% and music/movies 20%.

I currently own a mixamp pro but do not own any other kind of headphone amp. I need a mic and like the easy of the boompro.

However all that aside the overall sound is my no1 driving factor and would buy amp/mod mic if necessary.

So I guess if you could only chose one of the two which one would it be? Also looking at my needs could you help guide my choice?

Price in the UK is only a few £ different so not a major factor.

Thanks

Being a total dumbass I forgot I bought a Ray Samuels The Hornet a few years ago so I assume I could add this into the mix. I haven't used it for ages since changing my ipod and moving. Still got the old ipod connectors.

Edited for spelling.

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #27,366 of 48,562
I wonder just how much the X2 differs from X1.
There is less bass but is there actually less treble and more midrange?
Is the soundstage a bit smaller as some say?

MLE, you're a bad influence! :rolleyes:

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #27,367 of 48,562
Can someone kindly help:

I have in hand- Mixamp pro 2013+Beyer T1 headphones+Woo Audio Wa2 amp+ModMic+PS4

I get GREAT sound from my PS4 thru this set up but I cant get the Mod Mic to work...I bought a Y splitter to plug into HP jack but still not working

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #27,368 of 48,562
  Can someone kindly help:

I have in hand- Mixamp pro 2013+Beyer T1 headphones+Woo Audio Wa2 amp+ModMic+PS4

I get GREAT sound from my PS4 thru this set up but I cant get the Mod Mic to work...I bought a Y splitter to plug into HP jack but still not working

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Plug it in like the diagram in the guide.

PS4 > Optical > Mixamp > Y cable to split mic+ headphones

then

headphone port > amp > headphone
mic port > modmic

If you're doing this and it's not working, you might have the wrong Y cable.  It should have 3 black stripes on the male side.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #27,372 of 48,562

Plug it in like the diagram in the guide.

PS4 > Optical > Mixamp > Y cable to split mic+ headphones

then

headphone port > amp > headphone
mic port > modmic

If you're doing this and it's not working, you might have the wrong Y cable.  It should have 3 black stripes on the male side.

can you point me to the right Y cable...thats exactly how I have it setup,but not working

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #27,373 of 48,562
can you point me to the right Y cable...thats exactly how I have it setup,but not working

This is the one I got like 10 months ago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SP0WAQ

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #27,374 of 48,562
This is the one I got like 10 months ago:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004SP0WAQ

Yup, that's the one I got too.  Amazon says I bought it on March 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back