Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #25,906 of 48,562
One guy on this thread said that sony headset sounds like beyerdynamic dt770 when connected with a cable so it might be worth a shot.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #25,907 of 48,562
  One guy on this thread said that sony headset sounds like beyerdynamic dt770 when connected with a cable so it might be worth a shot.

I'll try it just to test the sound, but I would never use it that way regularly.  I sit across the room from my PS4 and it's kind of counter-productive to buy a wireless headset and have a wire across the room.  lol

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #25,909 of 48,562
Hi guys.. i was just wondering if anyone herr has an experience with thr creative omni surround 5.1? And is it useable with consoles? Thanks!

Yes, several of us have the Omni.  I'm a big fan.  Unfortunately, it won't work with consoles, just PC.  If you want something similar that works with consoles, try the Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D USB.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #25,911 of 48,562
Hi guys.. i was just wondering if anyone herr has an experience with thr creative omni surround 5.1? And is it useable with consoles? Thanks!

I enjoyed the Omni quite a bit for what it delivered.  I now use a Concero as I thought the DAC in the Omni was holding my sound system back, but for gaming purposes it worked great.  I actually can't tell the difference between my Concero + Soloist DAC/Amp vs Omni when it comes to gaming, and I do enjoy the SBX surround a lot more than Razer surround.  Unfortunately, I had to switch as the difference between the two pairs for music was too substantial, and I didn't want to switch cables around constantly when playing games.  I also realized I don't play too many games that utilize surround since I don't play FPS much, haha.

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #25,912 of 48,562
Id like SBX for my Pc games, but since I already have THX Tru Studio built into my laptop (meaning no extra devices to lug around), and the Xonar U3 if I ever play at home (I actually just prefer using my soundbar at home for PC games), I feel the Omni would be lost on me. I could probably upgrade my Alienware to have a soundcard with SBX though. Not sure if the Recon 3Di that I have is soldered in, or integrated with the MOBO. Alienware tends to have bolt on parts. I should probably find out, I really want SBX. I'm happy with THX Tru Studio, but I know SBX is basically better in all aspects. I'm much too lazy to actually use the U3... which is just collecting dust atm.

Rented Last of Us Remastered... and OMG, it's so amazing. I'll be so sad when it finishes.

I dunno what turned me off from playing it last time on PS3. I had rented it and turned it off so quickly. Maybe the 1080p/60fps gameplay this time around won me over.

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #25,913 of 48,562
I enjoyed the Omni quite a bit for what it delivered.  I now use a Concero as I thought the DAC in the Omni was holding my sound system back, but for gaming purposes it worked great.  I actually can't tell the difference between my Concero + Soloist DAC/Amp vs Omni when it comes to gaming, and I do enjoy the SBX surround a lot more than Razer surround.  Unfortunately, I had to switch as the difference between the two pairs for music was too substantial, and I didn't want to switch cables around constantly when playing games.  I also realized I don't play too many games that utilize surround since I don't play FPS much, haha.

It's entirely possible to bypass the DAC on the omni while still using it for surround in games. It's what I do and it works great. You CAN have your cake and eat it too.

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #25,914 of 48,562
Id like SBX for my Pc games, but since I already have THX Tru Studio built into my laptop (meaning no extra devices to lug around), and the Xonar U3 if I ever play at home (I actually just prefer using my soundbar at home for PC games), I feel the Omni would be lost on me. I could probably upgrade my Alienware to have a soundcard with SBX though. Not sure if the Recon 3Di that I have is soldered in, or integrated with the MOBO. Alienware tends to have bolt on parts. I should probably find out, I really want SBX. I'm happy with THX Tru Studio, but I know SBX is basically better in all aspects. I'm much too lazy to actually use the U3... which is just collecting dust atm.

Rented Last of Us Remastered... and OMG, it's so amazing. I'll be so sad when it finishes.

I dunno what turned me off from playing it last time on PS3. I had rented it and turned it off so quickly. Maybe the 1080p/60fps gameplay this time around won me over.

I don't think the gameplay on the last of us remastered is as good as the story..zombies seem to be able to grab you without you being able to move out of the way from them!

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #25,915 of 48,562

I don't think the gameplay on the last of us remastered is as good as the story..zombies seem to be able to grab you without you being able to move out of the way from them!

I have to agree.  I love pretty much everything about the game (graphics, audio, story, immersion, atmosphere, etc) except the gameplay.  I haven't finished it yet because I get really damn annoyed when I have to deal with the stealth sections and it's effectively impossible to go all stealth.  I might restart the game on Easy mode just to blow through the story.

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #25,916 of 48,562

Yeah, I pointed out the seemingly scripted grabs in the PS3 version... It's especially annoying when 
you play as Ellie on grounded... Insta-kill...

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #25,917 of 48,562
  I have to agree.  I love pretty much everything about the game (graphics, audio, story, immersion, atmosphere, etc) except the gameplay.  I haven't finished it yet because I get really damn annoyed when I have to deal with the stealth sections and it's effectively impossible to go all stealth.  I might restart the game on Easy mode just to blow through the story.

Yeah, I also feel the same way. If it wasn't for the story, I would never bother moving forward. I still haven't finished it actually because I wanna get the remastered edition when I get my PS4.

Sep 6, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #25,918 of 48,562
HiFiMan HE-4 on my ears right now.  The detail and clarity of these makes the Q701 sound veiled and muddy.  Definitely the best sounding headphones I've heard to date.  The treble is a bit peaky and there's a slight U shape to the sound, making these a little fatiguing.  But man, what a sound!

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #25,919 of 48,562
HiFiMan HE-4 on my ears right now.  The detail and clarity of these makes the Q701 sound veiled and muddy.  Definitely the best sounding headphones I've heard to date.  The treble is a bit peaky and there's a slight U shape to the sound, making these a little fatiguing.  But man, what a sound!

Might we see an upgrade in the foreseeable future? Woop woop!

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #25,920 of 48,562
Might we see an upgrade in the foreseeable future? Woop woop!

Honestly, the only reason I'd consider NOT upgrading to these right away is that they're not suitable for gaming because they need a ton of juice.  Mad had his Mixamp running through a Schiit Lyr to use these for gaming!  lol

I'd have to figure out what do do for a gaming headset if I got these.  I don't think I could convince my wife to let me keep these for music and the Q for gaming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back