Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #24,976 of 48,562
I'm really disappointed with how both systems are handling audio for the most part. The machines are more than powerful enough and the software to send out virtual surround sound through just about any output port is already there. I wish I could plug my headphone and amp directly into the controller and not have to worry about so many wires and such. I get great sound between all my peripherals but man, is it ever a mess and annoying having to setup everything when moving from PC to console, or just getting the stuff out of the way so it looks uncluttered. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #24,977 of 48,562
  I'm really disappointed with how both systems are handling audio for the most part. The machines are more than powerful enough and the software to send out virtual surround sound through just about any output port is already there. I wish I could plug my headphone and amp directly into the controller and not have to worry about so many wires and such. I get great sound between all my peripherals but man, is it ever a mess and annoying having to setup everything when moving from PC to console, or just getting the stuff out of the way so it looks uncluttered. 

They should bring a sennheiser headset out with dolby headphone that works with the ps4 and xbox one..just plug in and play like the pc363d is for pc!

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #24,978 of 48,562

They should bring a sennheiser headset out with dolby headphone that works with the ps4 and xbox one..just plug in and play like the pc363d is for pc!

Unfortunately, Xbone doesn't let you do chat through USB so you'd still need a cable to the controller (and a $25 adapter).  Stupid MS.  >.<

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #24,979 of 48,562
  Unfortunately, Xbone doesn't let you do chat through USB so you'd still need a cable to the controller (and a $25 adapter).  Stupid MS.  >.<

You're kidding right? They're still not doing this? Jeez #teamsony

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #24,980 of 48,562
  Are you sure it says that it's working? seems a bit too good to be true..ps4's seem to keep their price even pre-owned!

Cowboom is pretty popular over here in the US. They're owned by Best Buy. I've bought many things from them and have never had a problem. The items usually come in better than described condition. Also, they have fantastic customer service if you do have a problem. 

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #24,982 of 48,562
  Does anyone know how the gaming performance is with the SoundMAGIC HP150?

Not yet, but Change will soon. Because the bug will inevitably bite and he'll order a pair just to hear them for himself. I mean, I just bought something new, so now he has to as well, right? Isn't that how it works?

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #24,983 of 48,562
Do add me guys. Just bought a PS4 today (along with TLoU and Infamous).
ID: conquerator3
I will be on soon :p

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #24,984 of 48,562
Hey guys,

I'm at a dilemma here. I like to game a lot on my PC and I'm looking to add a new microphone for my ATH-M50s because the current Zalman zm-mic1 that I've been using for the past year are, IMO, quite terrible (I have to speak up very loudly even with the mic right next to me, the alternative being sacrifice static noise for increased sound).

I've been doing some research and it's come down to purchasing either the Antlion ModMic 4.0 + Syba USB Audio Adapter (to get rid of that static noise WHICH I've heard happens because of an onboard audio related issue) or the Steelseries Siberia v2 Dota edition. I want to buy this edition of the headset because it comes with an in-game item that I can sell for ~$40 on the Steam Community Market, making the total cost to be around $55 as well as having more COMFORTABLE headset to wear (people say the v2 is VERY comfortable to wear, and I have a pretty big head). The ModMic+Adapter would end up being slightly more expensive, ~$62, though I would get the sound quality of a studio headphone like the M50s. What're your guy's opinions on this? 

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #24,985 of 48,562
  Does anyone know how the gaming performance is with the SoundMAGIC HP150?

The consensus is that it's just a slightly modified HP100 with the same drivers and perhaps slightly different sound because of the new enclosures.  Pretty much assume it's the HP100 and performs the same way.

Do add me guys. Just bought a PS4 today (along with TLoU and Infamous).
ID: conquerator3
I will be on soon :p

Done.  Nice profile pic.  o.O

Hey guys,

I'm at a dilemma here. I like to game a lot on my PC and I'm looking to add a new microphone for my ATH-M50s because the current Zalman zm-mic1 that I've been using for the past year are, IMO, quite terrible (I have to speak up very loudly even with the mic right next to me, the alternative being sacrifice static noise for increased sound).

I've been doing some research and it's come down to purchasing either the Antlion ModMic 4.0 + Syba USB Audio Adapter (to get rid of that static noise WHICH I've heard happens because of an onboard audio related issue) or the Steelseries Siberia v2 Dota edition. I want to buy this edition of the headset because it comes with an in-game item that I can sell for ~$40 on the Steam Community Market, making the total cost to be around $55 as well as having more COMFORTABLE headset to wear (people say the v2 is VERY comfortable to wear, and I have a pretty big head). The ModMic+Adapter would end up being slightly more expensive, ~$62, though I would get the sound quality of a studio headphone like the M50s. What're your guy's opinions on this? 

If you're gaming on your PC, get a cheap desktop mic.  No need to get a modmic and definitely no need to downgrade your headphones.

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #24,986 of 48,562
Hey guys,

I have the v2s and the M50s. I would go for the v2s for gaming. The M50s are not good for gaming plus the v2 is comfy as ****. It's gets a little sweaty after a few hours of gaming because of the pleather pads, but not too bad.

I've seen the cs:go v2 on Walmart for as low as $65 last time I checked. They look pretty cool.

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #24,987 of 48,562
  Hey guys,

Siberias v2 are in fact extremely comfy although for the price You can pick up something with much better audio quality (siberias are mediocre at best) the mic extending from the earcup is cool though

Also, is there anybody here that's still playing Battlefield 4 on ps4? What's the point of having a mic if You're playing with randoms

Jul 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #24,988 of 48,562
  Siberias v2 are in fact extremely comfy although for the price You can pick up something with much better audio quality (siberias are mediocre at best) the mic extending from the earcup is cool though

Also, is there anybody here that's still playing Battlefield 4 on ps4? What's the point of having a mic if You're playing with randoms

I'm pretty sure that's all that Change plays... lol

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #24,989 of 48,562

The consensus is that it's just a slightly modified HP100 with the same drivers and perhaps slightly different sound because of the new enclosures.  Pretty much assume it's the HP100 and performs the same way.

Done.  Nice profile pic.  o.O

If you're gaming on your PC, get a cheap desktop mic.  No need to get a modmic and definitely no need to downgrade your headphones.

I ordered a blue snowball mic that will be connected to the fragbox via usb and i'll use my jvc FX850 through either a RSA predator, schiit uberfrost and valhalla though spdif on the asus stx soundcard for dolby or i can choose another usb option that is directly from the box to the dac and amp.  I don't know why I have so many options.  I really should have 2 options at the most.  Maybe I need to sell something.

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #24,990 of 48,562

I ordered a blue snowball mic that will be connected to the fragbox via usb and i'll use my jvc FX850 through either a RSA predator, schiit uberfrost and valhalla though spdif on the asus stx soundcard for dolby or i can choose another usb option that is directly from the box to the dac and amp.  I don't know why I have so many options.  I really should have 2 options at the most.  Maybe I need to sell something.

Nah, you just need more computers so the option:computer ratio drops to a more respectable 1:1.

Oh and.. OMG another Vegas head-fi'er!

EDIT - Oh and I got the thumbs up from the wife on the PS4.  Woo!  
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back