Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #24,931 of 48,562
Considering Sony has already used 70mm drivers, it's not like 65mm drivers should be a bullet point. Pretty certain that 40mm can deliver near sonic perfection, and 70mm drivers can give us crap.

Oh Sony.

Lost interest once I noticed that it seems to be closed back. I have absolute no interest in closed backl headphones, especially when portability isn't a concern.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #24,933 of 48,562
HD800 use 56mm and there is absolutely no reason to go any bigger, unless you know, OUR DRIVERS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURZ

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #24,934 of 48,562
MC,
In Mad's review of the Ultrasone Pro900, he basically said it's a good closed headphone with too much treble. I'm in the process of returning a pair of DT880 (600 ohm) because the smooth treble was nevertheless too strong and left my ears aching after less than an hour of music... The Pro 900 has even more, you'd have to have iron ears to be on the side of the fence that the treble doesn't bother you.

I haven't heard the DT770 myself (and it looks like there is a wide sample variation anyway), but I'd recommend pursuing that one and getting some demo time with it. $100 is a great price for that headphone.

I agree, forget about the Pro 900. That treble will harm your hearing over time. At first it can be exciting, explosive and very immersive but then fatigue will kick in. After a bit of browsing through your music catalogue you'll start to notice that voices don't sound very natural and have a metallic stain.

There's a Kies Mod to reduce the highs if you wanna do that but imo there are very few basshead headphones done right and the Pro 900 while popular isn't one as that metallic character will never go away. The Signature DJ is the best basshead headphone if isolation is a factor. It's amazing actually but too expensive (like all Ultrasone stuff).

The DT770 has a better soundstage, less piercing highs (smoothest by far were MMX 300 2013 Edition + DT770 LE AE 32 Ohms).

Considering Sony has already used 70mm drivers, it's not like 65mm drivers should be a bullet point. Pretty certain that 40mm can deliver near sonic perfection, and 70mm drivers can give us crap.

Oh Sony.

Lost interest once I noticed that it seems to be closed back. I have absolute no interest in closed backl headphones, especially when portability isn't a concern.

Thanks guys. The 900 I was looking at is on eBay. Forgot to mention that it had the alpha pads and the hd600 headband. The seller said the alpha pads would reduce the treble and make the bass tighter. Not too sure about that though. Hes asking $450 but I can get him down to $400 possibly $350. The 770s are very tempting for $120 so I'm most likely going with them.

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #24,935 of 48,562
Ey anyone tried this -> http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-gold-wireless-headset.html
goldstereo_headset2.jpg

My friend need a cheap headset for his PS4, and there's no Skullcandy PLYR in Brazil.
They look comfortable...

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #24,936 of 48,562
Ey anyone tried this -> http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-gold-wireless-headset.html
goldstereo_headset2.jpg

My friend need a cheap headset for his PS4, and there's no Skullcandy PLYR in Brazil.
They look comfortable...

It won't beat an AKG K612, but it's a simple wireless Playstation solution with 7.1 surround encoding with decent battery life (and wired stereo for anything else) that folds up compact. It's not amazing at any one thing, but a good price considering all the features you get (everything in one package).

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #24,937 of 48,562

Oh Sony.

I wonder if it's a flagship or not. Sony is basically the only people that can make a closed-back dynamic sound better than any dynamic headphone regardless of opened or closed if they tried. I hope it's the long-awaited successor to the R10 although I have my doubts as surpassing or even being equal to the R10 is a tall order. The other question is the price of the new headphones.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #24,938 of 48,562
It won't beat an AKG K612, but it's a simple wireless Playstation solution with 7.1 surround encoding with decent battery life (and wired stereo for anything else) that folds up compact. It's not amazing at any one thing, but a good price considering all the features you get (everything in one package).

Thanks, i didn`t find anything else at this price. It`s looks more durable than the old Pulse Elite.
If anyone else have some recommendation
beerchug.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #24,939 of 48,562
Thanks, i didn`t find anything else at this price. It`s looks more durable than the old Pulse Elite.
If anyone else have some recommendation:beerchug:

I can't speak to the durability vs the Pulse Elite, but I did just see a comparison YouTube video where a guy with both pointed out that the Gold was more comfortable due to the blue padding along the inside of the headband. There are probably some wired choices that could challenge it for value and sound quality, but closed/wireless/mic'd/surround all-in-one it's a pretty good option if you can't get the Skullcandy's.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #24,940 of 48,562
So I may or may not have just grabbed a used PS4 for $216.  >.>  Whether or not I have depends on how loudly my wife yells when it arrives...

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #24,942 of 48,562
Jul 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #24,944 of 48,562
Wow, that is a great price! Where did you find it if you don't mind me asking?

Cowboom is having a sale.  There's a thread on slickdeals.  Hit F5 for three hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back