Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 16, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #24,602 of 48,562
Get the superlux hd668b headphones mines only cost £35 absolute bargin. Plus there great for sound whoring I was more than happy with them but I just had to try the q701s after reading all the great reviews.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #24,603 of 48,562
  You sure you have it set in the U3 control panel to 8ch and dolby headphone [mode 2]?

Yes - 8ch sound, Dolby Headphone 2 or 3, and if the game has it (like Total War), I tried surround sound settings instead of 2ch headphone. No dice.

Is because I'm using an IEM? Also tried a Creative SB headset that I got from my cousin (after he rage quit, threw it, broke the mic, and lost the soundcard it came with), but no improvement there either. I'll pick up BF4 at some point but I want to finish our coop campaigns on Fall/Rise of the Samurai first; not to mention every damn update on Rome II renders the mods we have obsolete (that revert to previous version option has Steam crashing on our PCs). In any case, TW worked great with HT receivers when I tried them on those. so that's one point against the problem being the games I'm using.

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #24,604 of 48,562
Yes - 8ch sound, Dolby Headphone 2 or 3, and if the game has it (like Total War), I tried surround sound settings instead of 2ch headphone. No dice.

Is because I'm using an IEM? Also tried a Creative SB headset that I got from my cousin (after he rage quit, threw it, broke the mic, and lost the soundcard it came with), but no improvement there either. I'll pick up BF4 at some point but I want to finish our coop campaigns on Fall/Rise of the Samurai first; not to mention every damn update on Rome II renders the mods we have obsolete (that revert to previous version option has Steam crashing on our PCs). In any case, TW worked great with HT receivers when I tried them on those. so that's one point against the problem being the games I'm using.

Maybe you're just having no luck with the games then...
I dunno I tried it with a few on PC ( I am mostly a console guy) and it worked to various degrees. Either Pro Logic II where the game won't allow for 5.1 or Dolby Headphone when it does...
I'll be sure to test again, eventually :)

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #24,605 of 48,562
The games themselves make a huge impact. Some games are absolute trash in terms of positional audio. Try a relatively cheap game like Red Faction Armageddon and see if the positional audio of the buuldings crumbling around you still sound bad. If it does, something is wrong with your settings, or youre just not compatible with Dolby Headphone. It's not impossible.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #24,606 of 48,562
Cheers all again for your help i might just rry the suplux hd668b as there eeally cheap worth a try
But do you guys think my razor carchharias might be better than the superlux hd668b as i heard they was nearly as good as a pc360
But with not as mutch sound stage
I actually really like them but i had them for about 3 yrs time for somthing better

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #24,608 of 48,562
Hmmm, interesting:

Audio has gotten a significant improvement, with more options to customize your setup. For audiophiles playing with high-end stereo headsets, you’ll be able to change the azimuth (to tune alignment and timing for better synchronicity across the channels). You can also decide whether your center channel plays dialog, dialog and sound effects, or nothing at all.

The Last of Us: Remastered on GameInformer

Previously on the PS3, TLoU was one of the better games with good positional audio mix. But the more important thing is, if this kind of options are introduced into more games on the PS4, that would actually be a good change.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #24,611 of 48,562
Hmmm, interesting:

Previously on the PS3, TLoU was one of the better games with good positional audio mix. But the more important thing is, if this kind of options are introduced into more games on the PS4, that would actually be a good change.

Awesome...haven't played this yet. Can't wait!

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #24,614 of 48,562
Hmmm, interesting:

I also haven't had the chance to play TLOU as I only had an Xbox 360 last gen. Went with the PS4 this gen and I will be buying the Remastered version for sure. Seems like the perfect game for positional audio and I can't wait to be immersed in the game with my setup.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #24,615 of 48,562
Maybe you're just having no luck with the games then...
I dunno I tried it with a few on PC ( I am mostly a console guy) and it worked to various degrees. Either Pro Logic II where the game won't allow for 5.1 or Dolby Headphone when it does...
I'll be sure to test again, eventually
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like I'll have to try other games then, but I'll wait for BF4 prices to drop a bit - enough time to finish some active coop campaigns on Total War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back