Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 15, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #24,571 of 48,564
Yes my YouTube channel is called MrEleven1181
I was actually doing a mlg gb the other day and I was last alive on s&d and all my teammates were shouting we can hear him behind you. I said shut up he's in front on me to the left and as soon as I ran round the corner guess who was right me lol

Also I'm only using the q701 with the mixamp but my schiit vali just came as I'm writing this reply so they should sound even better now.

Why aren't you playing bf4? I watched your youtube vids..are you from Glasgow?

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #24,573 of 48,564
Do I max the volume on the mixamp then control the volume with the vali amp ? Just set it up.

Yep, I do the exact same thing with magni

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #24,574 of 48,564
Yep, I do the exact same thing with magni

Be careful with that...certain DSPs will distort at max volumes as pointed out by MLE and me.
My TB RF transmitter has to be below 80% total volume otherwise it'll cause distortion.
I don't mind as there's more volume play on my powerful amps that way but YMMV.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #24,575 of 48,564
Be careful with that...certain DSPs will distort at max volumes as pointed out by MLE and me.
My TB RF transmitter has to be below 80% total volume otherwise it'll cause distortion.
I don't mind as there's more volume play on my powerful amps that way but YMMV.

I didn't notice any distortion while playing with mixamp's volume knob but I'll keep that in mind

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #24,577 of 48,564
Get the q701 if it's for sound whoring on cod I play cod competitively on mlg gbs and the q701s are on another level to anything I've ever used.

Headphones help, but seriously, you could be competetive as hell with even a $15 KSC75. Don't put so much stock on what a headphone can do. There is a point where good is good enough.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #24,578 of 48,564
Headphones help, but seriously, you could be competetive as hell with even a $15 KSC75. Don't put so much stock on what a headphone can do. There is a point where good is good enough.

Bad example, KSC75 are great for gaming

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #24,579 of 48,564
Do I max the volume on the mixamp then control the volume with the vali amp ? Just set it up.

My Mixamp 5.8 is hissy as hell when I turn it all the way up.  I would definitely not do it that way.  Try the Mixamp at 50-80% and see how it goes.

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #24,580 of 48,564
I picked up a Xonar U3 a few weeks ago, and positioning isn't too good with my IEMs. Is it because of my IEMs, or the games? I've played a few games on it that didn't have a surround sound option, which isn't surprising on UT3, but apparently even a newer game like Sniper Elite II doesn't? Or am I missing it in the options/settings? I know I can't expect a shot from 10m away to sound like it's from 10m away, but I'm totally not getting any hint at what direction it came from. At best I'd get the SFX for a bullet that just whizzed past my face from right to left (or vice versa). Doesn't seem to ahve any effect with Crysis either.

Also tried it on Total War, and despite how immersive it was on an HT system,* there was totally no hint of any surround effects.

*not necessarily all that accurate, but the experience of immersive gameply by hearing the thunder of hooves that are vaguely coming from behind then "turning around" (actually zooming out) in time to see a general leading heavy cavalry behind me makes losing miserably worth it

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #24,581 of 48,564
  I picked up a Xonar U3 a few weeks ago, and positioning isn't too good with my IEMs. Is it because of my IEMs, or the games? I've played a few games on it that didn't have a surround sound option, which isn't surprising on UT3, but apparently even a newer game like Sniper Elite II doesn't? Or am I missing it in the options/settings? I know I can't expect a shot from 10m away to sound like it's from 10m away, but I'm totally not getting any hint at what direction it came from. At best I'd get the SFX for a bullet that just whizzed past my face from right to left (or vice versa). Doesn't seem to ahve any effect with Crysis either.

Also tried it on Total War, and despite how immersive it was on an HT system,* there was totally no hint of any surround effects.

*not necessarily all that accurate, but the experience of immersive gameply by hearing the thunder of hooves that are vaguely coming from behind then "turning around" (actually zooming out) in time to see a general leading heavy cavalry behind me makes losing miserably worth it

You sure you have it set in the U3 control panel to 8ch and dolby headphone [mode 2]?

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #24,583 of 48,564
Hy all this is my first post but could you guys recomend a good headphone for soundwhoreing on cod ghosts ps4
I will only use them for ps4 and ghosts
Btw im from england and my budget is around 100 pounds
At the moment i am using px5 transmitter with razor carcharias i think there called
But the px5 transmitter broke so i need to upgrade to mixamp plus new headphones
Hope i made sence cheers all

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #24,584 of 48,564
Hy all this is my first post but could you guys recomend a good headphone for soundwhoreing on cod ghosts ps4
At the moment i am using px5 transmitter with razor carcharias i think there called
But the px5 transmitter broke so i need to upgrade to mixamp plus new headphones

There are a lot of great options in the guide.  I have no idea how much 100 quid will get you, as I'm American.  Why don't you look through the guide and then find a few options and then ask which would be best?  Probably easier for everyone that way...

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #24,585 of 48,564

First page of this post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back