Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #24,271 of 48,562
  Hi dudes,i probably need some new headphones when i have now Beyerdynamic dt-990pro but my left ear so hurt :frowning2: my ear skin like ''burn out'' any recommend headphones competitive gaming,And maybe i need sound card/dac plus amp combo? i dont own any sound card or dac/amp just have asus maximus vii ranger soundboard,And my budjet around 100-150euros

I don't think that you will need a sound card if you already have radar 2 built into your mother board!

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #24,273 of 48,562
Skullcandy pyre 1 or steelseries h wireless ?

Want A wireless multi plattform gaming headset. Will Mainly use it on ps4, and for competitive fps/3ps gaming, and some movie watching.

Is the steelseries worth the extra money ? Cant find any VS threads/videos with those two. Only thing i know is that both are better than astro a50.

Im worried about the 2,4ghz band, dont like the noise. I see that skullcandy dont Get this noise ? Same with steelseries ?

Jun 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #24,274 of 48,562

Want A wireless multi plattform gaming headset. Will Mainly use it on ps4, and for competitive fps/3ps gaming, and some movie watching.

Is the steelseries worth the extra money ? Cant find any VS threads/videos with those two. Only thing i know is that both are better than astro a50.

Im worried about the 2,4ghz band, dont like the noise. I see that skullcandy dont Get this noise ? Same with steelseries ?

Go with astro 5.8 and high quality audiophile headphones. I have two pairs of steelseries headsets (siberias and 5hv2) and they are incredibly disappointing sound-wise.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #24,276 of 48,562
you can output chat through usb, it would be easier

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #24,277 of 48,562
  Hi,
I just ordered a new gaming pc with Asus Xonar DGX sound card.
As I'm going to play first person shooters most of the time, I want to buy the Audio-Technica AD700x.
Is the Asus Xonar DGX sound card a good configuration for this headphone or can you recommend a better one?

Thanks and greeting from Germany!

The Audio-Technica AD700x is not really available or ridiculously expensive (from 250 $ up) here in Germany.
Other possible options for me are AKG K612 Pro, AKG K701 or Beyerdynamic DT990.
What are the best alternatives for FPS gaming? 
Thanks

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #24,279 of 48,562

You might hold off for the new Turtle Beach that's coming out in the next week or two.  They have a new wireless headset that uses DTS Headphone X, has dual noise-canceling mics, wireless charging, etc.  No idea how it will sound, but it looks good on paper.

Otherwise, I tried the PLYR1 and it worked great.  If you're in the market for an easy all-in-one wireless solution, it works fine.  Obviously getting real headphones sounds a lot better, which is why I didn't keep mine.   But if you're looking for feature, convenience and price, it's hard to beat.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #24,280 of 48,562
  You might hold off for the new Turtle Beach that's coming out in the next week or two.  They have a new wireless headset that uses DTS Headphone X, has dual noise-canceling mics, wireless charging, etc.  No idea how it will sound, but it looks good on paper.

Otherwise, I tried the PLYR1 and it worked great.  If you're in the market for an easy all-in-one wireless solution, it works fine.  Obviously getting real headphones sounds a lot better, which is why I didn't keep mine.   But if you're looking for feature, convenience and price, it's hard to beat.

He's better off getting the sennheiser 363d if he wants plug in and play and it comes with a dolby headphone surround amp!

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #24,281 of 48,562
  Go with astro 5.8 and high quality audiophile headphones. I have two pairs of steelseries headsets (siberias and 5hv2) and they are incredibly disappointing sound-wise.

Is there a big difference between the Astro 5.8 and the Mixamp Pro or is the 5.8 just a firmware number? Sorry if this is a newb question.

[Edited] On second look, I see that the 5.8 is a wireless solution compared to the Mixamp Pro being all wired. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Is that the only benefit vs the pro?

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #24,282 of 48,562
He's better off getting the sennheiser 363d if he wants plug in and play and it comes with a dolby headphone surround amp!
He specifically asked for wireless and multiplatform.

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #24,283 of 48,562
hiya guys

I am in the market for a new set of headphones for PC gaming - I've read through a fair amount of this thread but being a bit of a newb its a little daunting to say the least

My current set of headphones are Sennheiser HD595 which are connected to a Soundblaster Recon3D sound card. The HD595 left driver has started to distort/crackle so i need to replace them

I dont really have a budget at the moment - i just want to get a feel for the current favourites out there amongst you.

The main things i am looking for sound quality and comfort - my Hd595s did tend to get a bit uncomfortable after long gaming sessions

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back