Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #24,226 of 48,562
The problem is amping. Don't the hifiman and the alphas need some amping above and beyond the astro mix amp?
X2s..... Those would. Be nice. Hoping vmoda with coming out with xs version of th m100. They are like an upgraded m800 right? How about an upgraded m100. I couldn't imagine a more insane set of cans.

Can't you get your x1's fixed anyway in japan? p.s I dj in shibuya every now and then, I like japan!

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #24,227 of 48,562
I was watching mlg finals just now (entertainment, not education) and i noticed that these guys were using Audio Technica ATH-AG1 headsets. It kinda surprised me since most trupr0players use a40s, so a question needs to be asked, are audio-technica headsets as good as their headphones? It would be cool if MLE could review those.

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #24,228 of 48,562
I was watching mlg finals just now (entertainment, not education) and i noticed that these guys were using Audio Technica ATH-AG1 headsets. It kinda surprised me since most trupr0players use a40s, so a question needs to be asked, are audio-technica headsets as good as their headphones? It would be cool if MLE could review those.

Yeah, they're. It's the same what Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic does - rebranded audiophile headphones.

You of course pay a premium for headset convenience.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #24,229 of 48,562
Yeah, they're. It's the same what Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic does - rebranded audiophile headphones.

You of course pay a premium for headset convenience.

Since they have 32 ohm impendance and come with a 4 pole jack they can be run off the mixamp alone which makes them pretty dan convenient. If only they weren't so pricey

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #24,230 of 48,562

Can't you get your x1's fixed anyway in japan? p.s I dj in shibuya every now and then, I like japan!

Phillips says if I bought them in the USA, the warrenty is only valid in the usa. I bought them in the USA to save 60$..... stupid. 
Amazon (USA) has already sent a replacment set to my home in the USA. So now I have to ship the brokem pair back, and get my parents to ship the new pair. 
what a pain. 
Picked up AKG Q701s for the meantime but my new X1s will probably get here about the same time.  and will use my M100s too, they are portable afterall. so hauling to and from work is not that big of a deal. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #24,231 of 48,562

Phillips says if I bought them in the USA, the warrenty is only valid in the usa. I bought them in the USA to save 60$..... stupid. 
Amazon (USA) has already sent a replacment set to my home in the USA. So now I have to ship the brokem pair back, and get my parents to ship the new pair. 
what a pain. 
Picked up AKG Q701s for the meantime but my new X1s will probably get here about the same time.  and will use my M100s too, they are portable afterall. so hauling to and from work is not that big of a deal. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #24,232 of 48,562
I have been gaming with my AD700x for a couple of months now and am extremely happy. I just snagged a pair of q701s for a great price and am looking at an amp. These cans will be used exclusively on Xbox 360/Xbox one with my astro mixamp.

My question is will I need an amp with a DAC? I know I need an amp to drive the 701s, but if I am exclusively gaming on xbox, will I need a DAC as well? Could I just get the older fiio E9 instead of the e09k? Sorry for such a noob question. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find an answer.

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #24,233 of 48,562
I have been gaming with my AD700x for a couple of months now and am extremely happy. I just snagged a pair of q701s for a great price and am looking at an amp. These cans will be used exclusively on Xbox 360/Xbox one with my astro mixamp.

My question is will I need an amp with a DAC? I know I need an amp to drive the 701s, but if I am exclusively gaming on xbox, will I need a DAC as well? Could I just get the older fiio E9 instead of the e09k? Sorry for such a noob question. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find an answer.

You won't be able to use a separate DAC because the Mixamp does that already.  Just an amp will be perfect.  Yes, the older E9 will be a good alternative to the E09k for your uses.

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #24,236 of 48,562
  Hi, i'm a newbie. i looking for headphone. I did search ATH-AD700, but i couldn't my find it. So they give me two option like BeyerDynamic Custom Pro One and ATH-M50X. Does anyone have review for that ?. Thanks

First post of that thread

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:08 AM Post #24,239 of 48,562
Anyone gaming with Momentum over ears? Still anxiously awaiting mine, should be here Wednesday. Currently using X1's off a DSS. Absolutely love the sound. The momentums are just being purchased at a travel can to replace my M50's but they'll no doubt get plenty of game time and comparing to the X1. Also, will a Fiio E12 improve much off the DSS? I just picked it up last week and I'm still waiting for my jumper cables to test it out. Thanks guys!

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #24,240 of 48,562
Hi,

I would just like to know if it's hard to drive AKG K612. I'm not really an audiophile or some sort, I just like a good pair of headphones for gaming and other stuffs, The design of this really caught my eye, and the ratings of comfort base on the 1st page is really high so this might be worth it. Please help me in choosing some cheap drivers that could still show the full potential of this headphones thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back