Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 14, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #24,091 of 48,562
Just received and email with access to the Destiny alpha! Oh man, this and the BF: Hardline beta are going to keep me from finishing Watch Dogs, I see ...

Jun 14, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #24,092 of 48,562
Have both. Destiny shows great potential, although competitive multi is kinda broken (weapons farmed during singleplayer carry over to competitive)

Jun 14, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #24,094 of 48,562
Zombie and I are streaming BF: Hard line if anyone wants to check us out
smily_headphones1.gif

Well crap, now I have to try and get that mental image out of my head.

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #24,096 of 48,562
Just really wish my 15G had a detachable cable.

If you know of a female jack that's small enough, it's easy enough to get inside and mod it in. I had to open mine to clean out a couple hairs and saw that there is "some" room inside.

MLE do you any amp/DAC around €20,- that definitely enhances the sound of the Fidelio X1 on the laptop?

If you can find an Asus Xonar U1 (discontinued), it's a slightly bigger "desktop" version of the U3. The features are all the same am I'm sure the U1 has a better amp section than the U3.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #24,097 of 48,562
Question for folk who played Hardline Beta. What do You think of the sound engine? When I played I got a feeling that players made no noise whatsoever

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #24,098 of 48,562
Hi all,

first of all, This is my first post on this forum and I would like to thank MLE for the amazing he achieved.

I've been reading a lot (here and over other forums) for picking up new headphones for FPS gaming on PC (call of duty). I'm currently not having any sound card  because I have a good embedded one (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/) but I'm not excluding the possibility of getting one, or may be just and AMP. that's a question, so what do you think is better for me.

I'm hesitating between the AKG K-702 ( for a better comfort with a flat head band, at 211 euros) and the AKG Q-701 ( at 235 euros), this difference is almost nothing but may be better investing this difference in a better amp or sound card ? I've been hesitating as well with the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Edition for a long time (at 199 euros) but the competitive aspect makes me lean towards the AKG ones.

the most important thing is being able to clearly pick up the enemies foot steps and spatial positioning for the directions.

The explosions or helicopters noise is very disturbing and I don't want to feel my head exploding because of that (I'm currently using a Razer Tiamat 7.1 since 2 years, and the clamping of this headset is just awful) .

I might probably use this can for listening to some pop / rock electronic music. and I've red that with a correct amp, the bass might sound good enough. (here is my playlist mix https://soundcloud.com/benx010256/sets/indie-please-june-2014-is )

Thanks in advance for any help !

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #24,099 of 48,562
Hi guys! I have a question, How does the xonar u7 compare with the sb omni? I currently have the omni but I have been interested in the u7 for a while now and I just wanted to do more research before buying one. Thanks!

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #24,101 of 48,562
Im not sure exactly which edition of the mix amp pro I have (ill put a picture below) but I need to run a cable to split from the headset out to headphone and one for chat.... which cable should be I getting... a regular 3.5mm Y cable or something else? Also, if I dont want to split for a mic will a regular 3.5mm cable plug into the headset out just fine? (I dont have the mix amp in my hands yet, and wanting to order the right cables before hand I got this one used without cables.... ).

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #24,102 of 48,562
You have a 2011 Mixamp Pro. You'll need this cable if it doesn't come with it http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MUYHSMFF-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/

Also, make sure you have an optical cable too.

And yes, if you don't care to use the chat features, just plug your headphones in directly.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #24,103 of 48,562
  You have a 2011 Mixamp Pro. You'll need this cable if it doesn't come with it http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-MUYHSMFF-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B004SP0WAQ/

Also, make sure you have an optical cable too.

And yes, if you don't care to use the chat features, just plug your headphones in directly.

THANK YOU!!!!! That pretty much answers all my questions :)

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #24,104 of 48,562
I have a discount card in a store I want to use. The 2 headphones I got to choose from is:

Philips X1
Sennheiser G4me one

Wich one would you recommend for pc gaming? I already have a mic so dont care about mic. Sound only.
And is G4me One strictly for gaming or can you use it for music too? I already have a pair of Sennheiser RS180 so they might be to similar?

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #24,105 of 48,562
  I have a discount card in a store I want to use. The 2 headphones I got to choose from is:

Philips X1
Sennheiser G4me one

Wich one would you recommend for pc gaming? I already have a mic so dont care about mic. Sound only.
And is G4me One strictly for gaming or can you use it for music too? I already have a pair of Sennheiser RS180 so they might be to similar?

I'd recommend that one because that's the one I heard and it is unanimously recommended...
What's your DAC/amp like though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back