Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #22,246 of 48,562
I'm really irritated right now. So I pay $8 for weekend delivery, and the freaking fedex comes in a 9:30am. WHY THE HELL DO THEY DELIVER SO EARLY? I got home 15 minutes later, and now I have to waste the rest of my morning pissed off until its 3pm just so I can go pick up the damn package. I'd just hold out until Monday, but then I'd just be throwing my gd money away. I was expecting them maybe 10 or 11. This is so damn stupid. I swear, they do this on purpose. I hate Fedex with a freaking passion.

Don't get weekend delivery anymore..i sent a game from England to a friend in Connecticut by first class air mail and it took two weeks..cost me about $16..it was fear files on xbox360!

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #22,247 of 48,562
As for me not being able to find people accurately, that was more of the game modes I was playing. Gun Game doesn't allow for good sound whoring, since the perks are pre-loaded. My footsteps drown out other sounds too much. That and one of my loadouts I was using didn't have amplify which is a necessity for soundwhoring those times I was playing tdm and free 4 all.

It's also hard to soundwhore when you talk. Normally, I pay a lot more attention.

The ultrasone I was using isn't the clearest and doesn't soundwhore well, but it still does a good job.

Ask Change and Stillhart, I was doing pretty good last night while chatting :p

Also, I realize you have a vampire schedule, but most people would not complain about rush delivery arriving early. It gives a better chance they get it before work.

But I understand that shipping in general is a real hassle in your living/job schedule situation.

I'm curious,  (to anyone following the thread) what would your dream setup be for multi-platform gaming? Headset or headphone and if so what mic? Processor, amp, in the case of a PC soundcard, the whole kit and kaboodle.

Unless of course this is a tiresome question, in which case ignore me :)

Everyone has a favourite. My fav, for your situation, is Creative's Recon3D USB. I have an extensive review in my sig. Another plus not mentioned there: the mic input works! It comes with all needed cables.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #22,249 of 48,562
Change, I got to hear the K545... man, it sounds thin and cold as hell. Either that demo unit is fubar'd, or its like the K550, and definitely not my cup of tea. I mean...no way.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #22,250 of 48,562
Edit: All good, man.

Change, I got to hear the K545... man, it sounds thin and cold as hell. Either that demo unit is fubar'd, or its like the K550, and definitely not my cup of tea. I mean...no way.

That unit you demo'ed is definitely not what the K545 is intended to sound like. Maybe both drivers were defective? Because what you describe is what I was getting out of the defective side.

From what I heard from the one working side, and from what I've read... the unit you demoe'ed has to be defective. Yet another red flag for QC issues... smh

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #22,251 of 48,562
I am upset but it was a misunderstanding.. As long as I get a mixamp I'll be happy. 

Watch your butt later when we play. I'll be streaming ya'll. http://www.twitch.tv/saiyanelite87

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #22,252 of 48,562
Zombie, I distinctly remember you being quite anti virtual surround a while back... giving it another go?

So I got my Skullcandy Crusher. As stated, its actually very linear in tonality, and the main draw ia the bass sensation driver which works independently from the audio driver. You can put the bass driver on max and it the audio won't be hampered in any real way. I like it most when the switch is halfway, since max is... holy balls rumble.

I'm quite happy, and I can see these being super popular for bassheads, and for those who like a linear balance if you turn off the bass switch. I can see why Tyll likes them. They sound good, and fun. :)

I unboxed them but my video looked like crap, so no vid going to be uploaded.

BTW, IT WORKS WITH THE BOOMPRO.

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #22,255 of 48,562
I see another review coming!

Guess we'll wait on sending you those AKGs. That is, if Ev hasn't sent his to me already :wink:

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #22,256 of 48,562
By the way, a very tidy headphone review Mad :)

Thanks bro. :)

I spent all of last night tidying that and some other reviews up just a little.

Man, the Crushers... I think I love these enough already to know that I'd wanna send it to you guys just to get a whole new experience, hahaha. I think this may be my fave rendition of bass if mostly because despite how strong it FEELS the audio doesn't get recessed whatsoever. You simply can't get this type of bass AND linearity from typical headphones. I think the sweet spot may actually be around 35%-40% (three notches showing on the switch).

These are keepers. ABSOLUTELY. My movies and games are about to become incredibly immersive, hahaha.

Oh yeah, just from the music, I can tell tbe soundstage is very good too. Considering how deep the rear of the cups are relative to the drivers, I can understand why.

Sound sig: warm and linear. With bass driver off, the bass is warm but pretty balanced/in line with the mids. Not fast, and not slow. Organic? It does roll off in the sub bass though. You'll definitely want the bass sensation driver on to fill it out more.

I'm absolutely jamming.

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #22,258 of 48,562
MLE, you were looking for a way to hook up the Boom Pro to the Q701, right? I think that's something I'll experiment with. I have mini XLR's on hand and I'll order a 1/8 jack. Lets see if I can rig something up. I'm pretty sure I can fit a 1/8" jack in the body of the mini XLR no problem.

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #22,260 of 48,562
How does the k612/k601 compare to the k702 annie / k712? 

I'm using the k601 currently and wondering if it would be an upgrade to go to the annie/712. 

It seems like everyone says the k601/612 is better at imaging/positioning, but has a smaller soundstage. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back