Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 25, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #22,111 of 48,562
Long time no post here.  

About an hour ago I unpacked my new PC360s and I would describe them as disappointing.  I knew after reading this guide that I’d be taking a little bit of step back but I didn’t realize how much it would actually be.  There is much less “sparklyness” and soundstage compared to my AD700s.  Using the PC360s feels like a headcold. 

Am I missing something?  Is there a break in period I don’t know about?  I bought these on Amazon, will they take them back?  I use them with a Mixamp.

Thanks ahead of time for all your help/advice and thanks to Mad Lust for keeping this guide going.  

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #22,112 of 48,562
  Long time no post here.  

About an hour ago I unpacked my new PC360s and I would describe them as disappointing.  I knew after reading this guide that I’d be taking a little bit of step back but I didn’t realize how much it would actually be.  There is much less “sparklyness” and soundstage compared to my AD700s.  Using the PC360s feels like a headcold. 

Am I missing something?  Is there a break in period I don’t know about?  I bought these on Amazon, will they take them back?  I use them with a Mixamp.

Thanks ahead of time for all your help/advice and thanks to Mad Lust for keeping this guide going.  

You can return headphones to amazon without issue. If I read right about the PC360 they sound like the 5x5/5x8 family which are boring and dull headphones, they improve with break-in but they are still dull.

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #22,113 of 48,562
You can return headphones to amazon without issue. If I read right about the PC360 they sound like the 5x5/5x8 family which are boring and dull headphones, they improve with break-in but they are still dull.

Having owned the hd595, hd598 and pc360, the first two are great and the pc360 were terrible. I still have my ad700 which I prefer to any other open gaming headphones I've tried, other than the x1 and ma900, both of which way more expensive

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #22,114 of 48,562
Having owned the hd595, hd598 and pc360, the first two are great and the pc360 were terrible. I still have my ad700 which I prefer to any other open gaming headphones I've tried, other than the x1 and ma900, both of which way more expensive

I believe the PC360 has the same drivers as the HD 598 but different pads and housing can alter the sound quite a bit. I really need to listen to the AD700 and the X1 sometime. I had the MA900 but gave it away as it sounded inferior in terms of gaming, music listening, and refinement to my K612 on my system and the sound wasn't different enough to compliment the K612 for me.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #22,115 of 48,562
So I just did the bass port mod on the Q701 and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I'm going to do some more back to back testing tonight with gaming and see how it goes.  I'm bummed that I can't use the Boom-pro with my Xbone, but I did order some of those Neewer clip-on mics that just came in today, so I'll see how that works.

If the Q701 got a nice bump in the Fun category while still retaining its god mode in the Competitive category, I think they're a keeper.

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #22,116 of 48,562
Well after another hour of the Pepsi challenge the PC360s are going back.  I was really looking forward to a nice competitive headset. 

@Stillheart Have you tried a modmic?  Its way better than any clip on mic I've had, as long as you’re ok gluing a magnet to your phones. 

Thanks again everyone.  

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #22,118 of 48,562
  Dagnabbit, V-Moda. Are you gonna make me buy a new portable?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/711801/v-moda-xs-a-first-look-at-the-new-v-moda-xs-with-val-kolton-head-fi-tv

Saw this coming a mile away after the M80 was discontinued....

Mar 25, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #22,119 of 48,562

Saw this coming a mile away after the M80 was discontinued....

Yeah, I knew something was going to be replacing them. But the Xs sounds pretty darned sweet. And heck, for the price I paid for the M-80 I could keep both around. The M-80 still makes an amazing office headphone for me.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #22,120 of 48,562

Yeah, I knew something was going to be replacing them. But the Xs sounds pretty darned sweet. And heck, for the price I paid for the M-80 I could keep both around. The M-80 still makes an amazing office headphone for me.

Enhanced M-80 sound? Larger soundstage? More comfortable? Better Isolation? These M500s might be in trouble... 

So much for being content... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #22,121 of 48,562
People complaining about PC360? Have you HEARD Sennheiser products? They are almost always very linear, warm, and non-fatiguing. They're not going to scream excitement. If you prefer the AD700, it's because you pefer a strong treble emphasis. They're complete opposites of one another. If you compare directly, of course the Senns are going to sound dull. Same way as any warm, smooth headphone will sound dull when you're used to bright headphones.

Mar 26, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #22,122 of 48,562
People complaining about PC360? Have you HEARD Sennheiser products? They are almost always very linear, warm, and non-fatiguing. They're not going to scream excitement. If you prefer the AD700, it's because you pefer a strong treble emphasis. They're complete opposites of one another. If you compare directly, of course the Senns are going to sound dull. Same way as any warm, smooth headphone will sound dull when you're used to bright headphones.

Honestly I just find Sennheisers in general boring regardless of them being dark or bright. Some reason they just fail to engage me, to me they lack what I call the euphonic factor. I personally can't agree with the notion that any smooth and warm headphone will sound dull if one is used to bright headphones because that hasn't been my personal experience.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #22,125 of 48,562
Well, my K540's broke when I wanted to listen to music after breakfast...

That REALLY f-ing blows...

But I have one headphone that I'm interested in, the Sony MDR-1R MK2. It's said to be like the 1R, only more refined and with better and more bass and sub bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back