Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #21,961 of 48,562
  Can someone please tell me which Mixamp this is? the model number is ma20-ag-1000 and here's a picture of the box

~http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU5OA==/z/PrEAAOxy0NtTGAeW/$_80.JPG

will this work with my PS4 out the box and is it any good? cheers

Have you looked into this one:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/710918/fs-astro-mix-amp?  Head-fi'er with good reputation.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #21,962 of 48,562
I have been using the Denon 7100 with my PC while playing Titanfall, these sound great. :D

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #21,964 of 48,562

I live in the UK so the one i'm looking at will be a little easier to get. Do you know if It will work for my PS4 out of the box.

I don't know anything about which version it is, but this whole guide is all about people using the Mixamp with their consoles.  I'd be very surprised if it didn't work with your PS4.  The only think I can imgaine you'd might need is a random cable or something.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #21,967 of 48,562
That's a 2011 Mixamp. It will work just fine. As long as it comes with or you have a mini usb as well as optical cable, you're golden.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #21,969 of 48,562
Have you even checked the first post? I mean.... it's right there.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #21,970 of 48,562
Hey guys, 

I managed to figure out how to get a set of headphones working with the Xbox One with game audio and voice chat using this guide as a core.

Here is what you need: (What I used)

Headphones (ATH-W11r)
Surround Processor (Turtle Beach DSS)
Mic (Modmic 2.3)
Optical Cable
PC Headset 2 female 3.5mm to mobile phone male 3.5mm adapter
female 3.5mm to 2 male 3.5mm adapter
Xbox Chat Adapter
1/4 to 3.5mm adapter (if necessary)

So it gets a bit complicated, but here goes:

Headphones to 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter

3.5 mm adapter to female 3.5mm to 2 male 3.5mm adapter

One male end of the 2 male 3.5mm adapter goes to the DSS
The other male end goes to the headphone female 3.5mm of the PC Headset adapter 

DSS goes to Xbox one via optical cable
PC Headset adapter goes to Xbox One controller via Xbox Chat Adapter

Modmic goes to mic female 3.5mm of the PC Headset adapter.

Essentially you're setting it up like a legacy headset for xbox one. It was crazy figuring out all the adapters, but I did it and it worked very well for Titanfall. 

I hope these directions help someone who wants to implement this guide for an Xbox One.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions or want to know what adapters I used. 

Hey, I managed to get it all working using a couple adapters. You cant plug the mic straight into the chat adapter. You need a PC Headset to Mobile phone adapter. You plug the mic into the mic end of the pc headset adapter, and then I used a 1 female to 2 male 3.5mm adapter to split the headphones, one to DSS, the other to chat adapter. I listed out instructions earlier in the thread, but they are easily missed. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

It was a decent little mini guide, maybe Mad can add a hyperlink inside the guide for others to reference? Quote me:

How to get a set of headphones working with the Xbox One with game audio and voice chat

I'll adapt a PS4 version too, I'll nice it up during my next break at work:
How to get a set of headphones working with the PS4 with game audio and voice chat

Mar 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #21,972 of 48,562
What about one that comes off clip on microphones like the ones on my first post?

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #21,974 of 48,562
  I contacted V-MODA in regards to my defective BoomPro. They are going to send me out a replacement today. Great customer support! I will be purchasing V-MODA products in the near future.

Glad to hear they're getting it sorted out. I've only had good dealings with them so far and I'd love to continue to do business with them.

Mar 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #21,975 of 48,562
What about one that comes off clip on microphones like the ones on my first post?

I liked your updated DSP demo video, I'm gonna steal it for my guide :wink: I'm also gonna make a video demonstrating various headphone setups, so people can see how that can look. Didn't end up having time to eat AND prettify my PS4 setup post... but I will, and link/credit JHex2 for writing it up for XBO.

I can't find your link for the DX mic or the generic lapel I found on Amazon on your guide anymore, and under your "lists" spoiler you've got a Chico heading I don't think you mean to have there.

I contacted V-MODA in regards to my defective BoomPro. They are going to send me out a replacement today. Great customer support! I will be purchasing V-MODA products in the near future.

Six star support. I'd love to see a fully curcumaural version of the M80, the M-100 is good but tune it like the M80 (with better extension, like it has now but with less bass slightly more mids) and make the earcups a bit wider in circumference... this is probably not the best place to post suggestions, but I'm sure Axel will back me up that V-MODA is a surprise and makes very capable closed headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back