Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #21,886 of 48,562
Yes, the Fidelio L2. They'll be here tomorrow from Italy.

Man it's difficult to combine posts on mobile.

[Edit] Hoo boy, just learned that my T1's come in tomorrow as well. Going to be a good day for deliveries! Glad I checked my spam folder.
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

popcorn.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #21,887 of 48,562
Hi guys, any XBOX One gamers using the latest Astro wireless setup? If so, which one would you recommend for FPS gaming?

This is for a friend of mine who insists minimum cable since I still couldn't convince him to use Astro Mixamp 5.8 with my AKG Q701 w/Annie pads and mic.

Thank you.

Is there more than one wireless Astro that doesn't use the 5.8?  Or are you asking between the A50 and the PLYR1 (which is kind of an Astro, I guess)?

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #21,888 of 48,562
Hi guys, any XBOX One gamers using the latest Astro wireless setup? If so, which one would you recommend for FPS gaming?

This is for a friend of mine who insists minimum cable since I still couldn't convince him to use Astro Mixamp 5.8 with my AKG Q701 w/Annie pads and mic.

Thank you.

Is there more than one wireless Astro that doesn't use the 5.8?  Or are you asking between the A50 and the PLYR1 (which is kind of an Astro, I guess)?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was show him my old Mixamp 5.8 with the wireless client, which he complained of additional devices. So, I guess there's only two options like you stated: A50 vs PLYR1. Thanks.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #21,890 of 48,562
THANK YOU SONY 
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

"True spatial sound, synthesized by simulating the human ear... Created by real world experiments using speaker/microphone arrays."

Sony was introducing real and actual binaural tech for the PS4 during their VR presentation tonight, lso based on head tracking. This is what the Chief Designer Cerny actually implied during earlier interviews last year when he "just" mentioned raycasting.

This is more Aureal 3D resurrected than anything Creative, meaning it's much more advanced (of course also hugely advanced compared to A3D itself). 

Also: New True Audio Demo.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #21,892 of 48,562
I'm just started to play BF4 since last week. Is it just me, or the surround sound with DH in BF4 is not as good as other competitive shooter like COD mw3 or CS go. Even Diablo3 got better 7.1 effect imo.
I'm ordering titanfall in HK for 48usd. Anybody playing it here? is it any good?

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #21,893 of 48,562
THANK YOU SONY :evil: :evil: :evil:

"True spatial sound, synthesized by simulating the human ear... Created by real world experiments using speaker/microphone arrays."

Sony was introducing real and actual binaural tech for the PS4 during their VR presentation tonight, lso based on head tracking. This is what the Chief Designer Cerny actually implied during earlier interviews last year when he "just" mentioned raycasting.

This is more Aureal 3D resurrected than anything Creative, meaning it's much more advanced (of course also hugely advanced compared to A3D itself). 

Also: New True Audio Demo.

Meh, it lacks rear positional cues. Like listen to the water fountain... it goes right between the head when it's supposed to be behind you. Other than that, I'm impressed. It will good for those who don't have virtual surround, at least.

Mar 19, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #21,894 of 48,562
Will I be able to get sound from the ps4's blue ray player over optical if my dac is stereo without any decoders..need to know this, I am buying the new console next week..it's either a ps4 or xbox one but I really want a ps4, if I can't get sound with a ps4 but can with the xbox one it will have to be the xbox one.my monitor has no speakers so I won't be able to get any sound only through my dac amp speakers and headset!

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #21,895 of 48,562
Actually, what I'm afraid of is if Sony keeps TrueAudio exclusive to their VR headset. In theory, it is entirely possible to implement it onto the DS4 (just a mixed audio pass through after all), but I have a very stinky feeling somewhere that Sony would use this to market Project Morpheus.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #21,896 of 48,562
Will I be able to get sound from the ps4's blue ray player over optical if my dac is stereo without any decoders..need to know this, I am buying the new console next week..it's either a ps4 or xbox one but I really want a ps4, if I can't get sound with a ps4 but can with the xbox one it will have to be the xbox one.my monitor has no speakers so I won't be able to get any sound only through my dac amp speakers and headset!

You're supposed to make the systems send digital stereo or linear pcm, so that everything can get audio from the optical. Of course, you'll want to switch back to Dolby Digital if using asurround setup or dolby headphone, etc.

Game systems have been doing this since last gen.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #21,897 of 48,562
You're supposed to make the systems send digital stereo or linear pcm, so that everything can get audio from the optical. Of course, you'll want to switch back to Dolby Digital if using asurround setup or dolby headphone, etc.

Game systems have been doing this since last gen.

My xbox 360 won't let me watch dvds with sound through the dac because my dac won't decode dolby.. but I can watch xbox video and play games with the sound on the xbox360 set to stereo..it won't let me watch dvds because it's in 5.1 and theres no sound with 5.1 or stereo my dac won't decode a 5.1 signal!

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #21,898 of 48,562
Then run your optical out from your tv. Televisions the overwhelming majority of the time convert dolby to stereo if it the tv has an optical out. The only time it wont is when viewing over the air channels, and apps like netflix built onto the tv.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #21,899 of 48,562
Then run your optical out from your tv. Televisions the overwhelming majority of the time convert dolby to stereo if it the tv has an optical out. The only time it wont is when viewing over the air channels, and apps like netflix built onto the tv.

It's a monitor and has no sound whatsoever..i am regretting buying a monitor with no speakers a bit now..i got it because tv's have $h!t sound and wanted to use my dac with amp and speakers for better sound..i will be able to play games with sound but not blue ray,it's not that much of a problem I can watch Netflix instead!

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #21,900 of 48,562
You could always buy something like the Fiio D07 I believe, which converts everything to stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back