Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Mar 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #21,556 of 48,564
Oh dang, I hadn't even considering the weight of such a monstrosity.  I was going to say that comfort was usually one of Razer's few redeeming qualities, but I can't imagine how they'd manage to make 8-10 drivers comfortable for long sessions.  But now to be honest, the more we talk about this hideous and impractical hodgepodge of low-end parts, the more I want to try it.  It seems like SOMEONE out there could pull off a convincingly awesome 7.1 headset, but to really do it right would probably end up costing as much or more than existing flagships, which is already too rich for my blood.  But here's hoping a company out there can prove me wrong!

We have a similar story of Razer headsets driving us into the arms of Audio Technica--hearing my friend's $80 AD-700s next to my $70 Razer Carcharias drove me to order the AD700s immediately.  I was pretty furious with myself when I thought about how much money I had flushed on junk headsets over the years.  I guess in a twisted logic, it was Razer's terribleness that started my genuine interest in headphones.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #21,557 of 48,564
Oh well my fat PS3 just died today. No fixing it. YLOD.
Worked flawlessly for 6 years but it suddenly passed away ;/
Gotta get the Super Slim now... Hopefully I'll get a good piece again.
I bet it was because I played New Vegas... That game is f'ed up pretty bad on the PS... will be a good test for the SS.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #21,558 of 48,564
I bet it was because I played New Vegas... That game is f'ed up pretty bad on the PS... will be a good test for the SS.

You can get a next gen now mate!

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #21,559 of 48,564

I know someone, here on head-fi, who might be able to fix that baby for ya...

Send me a PM if interested...

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #21,560 of 48,564
I know someone, here on head-fi, who might be able to fix that baby for ya...

Send me a PM if interested...

Thanks change but if he isn't from EU then it's not worth it for the shipping charges alone.
I am getting a SS for 199$ which is pretty good. It will keep me occupied till I get a PS4.
Appreciate the gesture though :wink:

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #21,561 of 48,564
Thanks change but if he isn't from EU then it's not worth it for the shipping charges alone.
I am getting a SS for 199$ which is pretty good. It will keep me occupied till I get a PS4.
Appreciate the gesture though
wink.gif

Get a ps4..use the 199$ for a deposit in your local gamestore and just keep paying a bit off when you can..better than buying old hardware!

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #21,562 of 48,564
Thing is, ps3 has a lot of good games coming out this year. Almost all my anticipated games are on ps3, not ps4. Thats why I personally wouldn't trade off a ps3 for a ps4 just yet

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #21,563 of 48,564
Thing is, ps3 has a lot of good games coming out this year. Almost all my anticipated games are on ps3, not ps4. Thats why I personally wouldn't trade off a ps3 for a ps4 just yet

Yes, exactly.
Thanks MLE.
Besides, other than the games that I already have that need finishing, there are a bunch that I still have yet to get.
PS4 will probably come at the end of the year.

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #21,566 of 48,564
Say what you will about movies, but low framerates in games suck.

Eep! Didn't mean to say that! Originally I was saying I slightly prefer high framerates for both, but then I changed my mind that higher movie framerates are better in certain circumstances but can be off-putting other times, and forgot to delete the games part... I always like higher framerates in games XD

Glad you're still enjoying those K612's, Change. What made you buy the IEMs, just curious?

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #21,569 of 48,564
I'm nearing the final phases on the DNA On Ear review. Just trying to eek out the finishing touches and corrections, and trying to word certain things properly. I'll probably take a break for a day or two.

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #21,570 of 48,564
and prepare yourself to die over and over.. and then over a few more times.  (DS2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back