Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #20,566 of 48,562
Are You using this setup on PS4 by any chance? I'm having real problems getting chat to work with the same set up on PS4. If you are could you give me details on how you do it, Thanks.
You need to purchase the Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable from Amazon. Connect that cable from the 5.8 mixamp to the PS4 controller. Chat will work perfectly once you do.

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #20,568 of 48,562
The USB to 3.5mm cable is BETTER. How did you get one? I need it. It basically makes the mixamp the soundcard, so no cable is needed from the controller to the RX unit. I need one. Less cables on your end is always better.

I'll see about getting one from Astro when I RMA the A30s which just sound off...

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #20,569 of 48,562
The USB to 3.5mm cable is BETTER. How did you get one? I need it. It basically makes the mixamp the soundcard, so no cable is needed from the controller to the RX unit. I need one. Less cables on your end is always better.

I'll see about getting one from Astro when I RMA the A30s which just sound off...
I've read that using the USB causes lower chat volume levels. Never tried it myself though so I can't confirm.

Question, does that cable come with the a30 + 5.8 mixamp bundle? I never checked for myself....

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #20,570 of 48,562

Yes I read on another forum about that cable being the way to go so I ordered one direct from astro by raising a ticket ,unfortunately it just doesn't work I've tried everything today with no luck.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #20,571 of 48,562
Yes I read on another forum about that cable being the way to go so I ordered one direct from astro by raising a ticket ,unfortunately it just doesn't work I've tried everything today with no luck.
Did you plug the cable directly in the front of your PS4? What settings did you choose under audio?

BTW, did you recently purchase the cable from Astro? I thought they were all out?

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #20,572 of 48,562
Aloha and thank you for this awesome guide/reviews Mad Lust Envy!

Hello everyone, I was hoping if I could please take a little bit of your time and help me choose which gaming headphone set-up I should buy for my Playstation 4

Option 1:

Sennheiser PC360 w/ Astro Mixamp Pro

Option 2:

Sennheiser PC363D

Anyone's suggestion or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and God bless!

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #20,574 of 48,562
Monster makes pretty decent cables, but usually they charge way more than what you get for your money. Mediabridge is just a generic cable, you would probably be fine with something from Monoprice or Amazon Basics if available in your country.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #20,575 of 48,562
Or digital cables. Many options on Ebay there. Some are a bit chunky but worked well for me.
I'd also recommend the Nuforce jack-jack cable. A bit pricey but very light and flexible.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #20,576 of 48,562
Did you plug the cable directly in the front of your PS4? What settings did you choose under audio?

BTW, did you recently purchase the cable from Astro? I thought they were all out?

Yes Directly into the front usb and options chosen were audio priority optical, bitstream dolby 5.1 and chat only selected as per their instructions. No got it about a month ago but been waiting to get a decent mic to try it.

It's strange as the PS4 recognises that I have an headset when I plug it into USB but it doesn't let me chat or hear anyone.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #20,577 of 48,562
Yes Directly into the front usb and options chosen were audio priority optical, bitstream dolby 5.1 and chat only selected as per their instructions. No got it about a month ago but been waiting to get a decent mic to try it.

It's strange as the PS4 recognises that I have an headset when I plug it into USB but it doesn't let me chat or hear anyone.

Either that cable is defective which I have my doubts about or it doesn't play nice with the PS4. The Turble Beach PS4 chat cable works great but adds another cord that you have to carry around with you. I find that slightly annoying but I'm usually not walking around when I game and it doesn't get in my way. I was interested in purchasing the Astro PS3/PC chat cable but I doubt Astro still has them in stock and if it's not working for you I doubt it would work for me.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #20,578 of 48,562
Ive ordered the Tb chat cable for now so I will just use that and apparently theres an PS4 Firmware update to 1.6 on the 22nd Feb which will hopefully fix some audio problems so ill re-try the other cable after that, Cheers for your help.

Feb 1, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #20,580 of 48,562
Ive ordered the Tb chat cable for now so I will just use that and apparently theres an PS4 Firmware update to 1.6 on the 22nd Feb which will hopefully fix some audio problems so ill re-try the other cable after that, Cheers for your help.
Got home around 3am, hopped on my PC to game and rock out and just remembered to check the box my 5.8 mixamp amp and a30's came with. Good news is that it does indeed come with the PS3/PC chat cable! Bad news is that chat doesn't work! Tried every setting I could think of. I heard that the next firmware update for the PS4 will include better headset support so hopefully it helps us out. In the meanwhile, I'll be using my TB PS4 chat cable.

MLE, didn't you purchase the a30+ 5.8 mixamp bundle from the MS store? If so, you should have the cable as well.

Update: Tried getting the Astro a30's mic to work with the Astro PS3 chat cable. No go. Maybe I didn't force the Astro PS3 chat cable hard enough into the TX? I'll check it out later. Way too tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back