Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #19,846 of 48,562
The K712/K702.65 would BE a fantastic music headphone as well. Really...

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #19,847 of 48,562

Considering the music genres that Evs mentioned I'd have to agree... if he has the same taste.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #19,848 of 48,562
JamesFiiO

Seriously, I have been a Fiio fan since picking up the E5 as my very first amp.

E5, E7, E9, E9K, E17, E12, D3, D03K

I have owned all of these, MULTIPLE times for some.

I would be first in line for an equivalent to the E17 with Dolby Headphone virtual surround capabilities. (DH2)

I have been waiting to recommend a Dolby headphone dac/amp that would also work for non-gaming applications when turning DH off.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #19,849 of 48,562
+1 on the E17 similarity but without the rechargeable battery, please (strictly USB powered like the mixamp, Recon USB, DSS, etc). I think we all would prefer more internal room for better performance...

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #19,851 of 48,562
I still don't understand what you're implying. The K712/K702 65 aren't headsets, they are headPHONES aimed for music, that also work extremely well for gaming. So, regardless of whether if it was for gaming or music, they would fit incredibly well for either purpose. Don't understand what you mean by removing the requirement. hey don't come with a microphone, so it's not like you're limited by them in any shape or form. You'd have to find an external mic, sure, but that's it.

Or am I just reading your posts wrong?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #19,852 of 48,562
I still don't understand what you're implying. The K712/K702 65 aren't headsets, they are headPHONES aimed for music, that also work extremely well for gaming. So, regardless of whether if it was for gaming or music, they would fit incredibly well for either purpose. Don't understand what you mean by removing the requirement. hey don't come with a microphone, so it's not like you're limited by them in any shape or form. You'd have to find an external mic, sure, but that's it.

I think he's just basically saying he wants two headPHONES lol (but mistakenly using the word headset). One for strictly gaming and one for music...

The again I could be reading it wrong, too...
tongue.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #19,853 of 48,562
Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560. Open Planarmagnetics for a realistic price are back, baby.

the 400i weighs almost 100g less than the 400, and has a new headband design and pads. I wonder what changes in sound it will have. Hopefully more upper mids, and way less treble.

I very much miss the planarmagnetic sound, and it'd be what I'd go back to if I was gonna spend so much again...

Woah! Looking for my avatar picture (to crop it), I came across a forgotten gem in my camera roll, here's a sneak-peak screenshot:

It's 18 minutes long, and I spend waaaay too much time playing with cupping my hands near the earcups, so it would need a fair amount of editing but maybe I can post a much-belated video reviewing the older HE400!

Much agreed, my Q701 was beyond good to where it gives me pleasant shivers down my spine when the music really just "gets" to me, no other headphone (except the K712, which is broadly similar but slightly improved) has made my feet bop or feel euphoric the way the Q701 does often. I was actually kinda bored with music just before I got the AD700 and switched to the Q701. A lot to love there.

Not that I know of. Feel free to do so (if you're up to it) and give a link to my post. I want him directed straight to this thread, so he can see the kind of investment this would be... and at the same time he can check some of Mad's reviews on the competition.

Plus, this would be the perfect place for them to get suggestions on what we are looking for in this device.

True, this is a good place, but I bet James doesn't read this thread. I'd post it over, but I'm already being a dumb-dumb staying up this late with an 8 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #19,854 of 48,562
+1 on the E17 similarity but without the rechargeable battery, please (strictly USB powered like the mixamp, Recon USB, DSS, etc). I think we all would prefer more internal room for better performance...

Maybe... However, battery power could be a performance upgrade vs USB power.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #19,855 of 48,562
Maybe... However, battery power could be a performance upgrade vs USB power.

I just don't want any noise interference (similar to the E12 and E18) when plugged in while listening... that's really my reason, actually...

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #19,856 of 48,562
Agreed. "Sterile" is completely the wrong word to describe the HD 650. "Boring" and "lazy" are much better words for it. 
beerchug.gif

HD650 sounded overall leaner and less warm/bassy than the K712.  It sounded sort of like a more refined X1, but slightly warmer, a much more obvious midrange focus, a smaller soundstage, and lacking the "fun" bass boost and hint-of-treble-sparkle traits (so "n" shaped in comaparison).  So yeah, kinda of boring IMO. 
tongue_smile.gif

I tend to find "n" shaped headphones a little boring (same with HD5xx).

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #19,858 of 48,562

@JamesFiiO, can you please manufacture a device (with a Dolby Headphone processor and chat capability) that will blow the other competition away?!? I know you can do it! I mean, you are FiiO!!!

Everyone who agrees quote me with a +1

That should grab they're attention

+ 1
BTW, I think James might be away right now because he had underwent an operation.  FWIR the operation was succesful (
beerchug.gif
), but I think he might be away in recovery right now...

Maybe do that ^ again but with the other FiiO rep as well.
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #19,860 of 48,562
Yes, apologies, was poor choices in words, was just implying trying other sounding headphones in the future! 
smile.gif

Quote:
I still don't understand what you're implying. The K712/K702 65 aren't headsets, they are headPHONES aimed for music.

I think he's just basically saying he wants two headPHONES lol (but mistakenly using the word headset). One for strictly gaming and one for music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back