Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Dec 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #19,006 of 48,565
  That said, there are minimum requirements to sell in the forums. I don't know what the new requirements are. When I joined a couple years ago it was a minimum 50 posts. I believe it has since changed.

"The "Buy, Sell, Trade" portion of this site is a private forum for members who have been registered for 30 days AND have made at least 15 posts on the forums."
http://www.head-fi.org/a/buy-sell-trade-rules

He just joined today, so he'll have to wait a month before he can post a classified.

He can always try eBay or Amazon though.

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #19,007 of 48,565
  "The "Buy, Sell, Trade" portion of this site is a private forum for members who have been registered for 30 days AND have made at least 15 posts on the forums."

He can always try eBay or Amazon though.

Can you post your ad on the Buy Sell and Trade forum, but only link the item you want to sell on eBay (being a helluva lot safer)?

btw:   ****Happy Birthday MLE*****
beerchug.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #19,008 of 48,565
Just remembered I could still play ps4 without a controller...my Vita. Remoteplay still plays with the ps4 displaying on the tv...

Ah well. Not a good idea for COD, since the Vita's analog sticks are terribad.

I'm clearly not alone in thinking that. Would've preferred to either have more leverage on those little sticks (at the expense of making the Vita thicker than it already is), or 3DS-style Circle Pads with some actual range of movement to them.

Also, happy birthday! Too bad I don't have any ice cream cake to give you...

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #19,009 of 48,565
Quote:

I'm clearly not alone in thinking that. Would've preferred to either have more leverage on those little sticks (at the expense of making the Vita thicker than it already is), or 3DS-style Circle Pads with some actual range of movement to them.

Also, happy birthday! Too bad I don't have any ice cream cake to give you...

Speaking of stick leverage
ph34r.gif
, I highly recommend any gamepad gamers check out the Kontrol Freek stick things.  They seem gimmicky, but they work.  I've been using them since 2009, and I wouldn't game without them now. 

http://www.kontrolfreek.com/classic/fps-freek-ultra.html

And Happy B-Day MLE!

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #19,012 of 48,565
Has there been any word of Astro making a new mixamp? It would be nice to have one with multiple digital inputs... so I can plug in both the PS3 and PS4 and not have to keep switching back and forth...
angry_face.gif

Is there already a device with multiple digital inputs and DH?

And oh....

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #19,013 of 48,565
  Has there been any word of Astro making a new mixamp? It would be nice to have one with multiple digital inputs... so I can plug in both the PS3 and PS4 and not have to keep switching back and forth...
angry_face.gif

Is there already a device with multiple digital inputs and DH?

And oh....

You can already have 2-8 systems connected to a toslink switcher and then have it going to whatever you're using as your decoder and simply switch the dial, or if you bought a slightly more expensive one, press a button on a box or remote.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #19,014 of 48,565

You can already have 2-8 systems connected to a toslink switcher and then have it going to whatever you're using as your decoder and simply switch the dial, or if you bought a slightly more expensive one, press a button on a box or remote.

There are now toslink switchers that switch automatically as well.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #19,015 of 48,565
  OK, it´s just that MLE mentioned to be sure to configure it to 7.1 in the control panel as well. But maybe that can be set to 7.1 permanently and then just change in the xonar panel afterwards?

Sorry for repeating a probably somewhat noobish question but is the above just what I should do onward? btw. Agree with Dead Space, have been playing the 3rd and although it goes the wrong direction gameplay wise for me, sound is definetly one of its strong points.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #19,017 of 48,565

link please!!! lol

If you're only using 2 sources, this will work perfectly and for about $8. If you're using 3 or more, it's more budget friendly to use a remote based system. But automatic switchers can be found for $250 and up. The issue with automatic toslink switchers is the fact that optical doesn't carry current like other cables. That makes the switcher much more expensive because it needs optical sensors and circuitry rather than a simple current detector like automatic HDMI switches.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #19,018 of 48,565
Thanks Axel,

I may have to go the remote route then as I see the one in the link has too many negative reviews. Will look into it more when I get paid.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #19,019 of 48,565
Thanks Axel,

I may have to go the remote route then as I see the one in the link has too many negative reviews. Will look into it more when I get paid.

You don't need that specific one, it was just the first of it's kind I came across. A splitter that can work as a combiner in reverse is the simplest setup for 2 sources as long as one is completely off when the other is on.

Dec 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #19,020 of 48,565
This question is for Mad Lust Envy or anyone else with some insight, I want to buy some nice headphones for gaming on my PS4.  I will be playing at night so I cannot have something loud as to where it will wake the baby either.  The room I will be playing in is about 12 feet or so away from where the baby will be.  I have been thinking of getting the beyerdynamic dt 990 with the fiio e17 but I don't know if that's really ideal given they are open and the sound leakage and if I will potentially wake others up in the house.  I appreciate your help, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back