Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 19, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #40,501 of 48,562
I'm already doing that, but between the mixamp, the amp, and the y splitters to get everything working correctly, it's a cabling nightmare. There are several "wireless" solutions that all still require a wire from the headset to the controller for voice chat. Only the few models I specified above seem to offer TRUE wireless. :frowning2:
Xbox requires an authentication chip within the usb device for it to work. That's why only a few models offer true wireless. Uf only the receiver from Astro a50 cpuld be turned into a standalone device.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #40,502 of 48,562
Yes the chip is required for wireless chat audio.

Sadly all of the solutions who has incorporated it does not offer the best headphones with their system. Astro's headset leaves a lot to be desired..

It's a shame there isn't a more straightforward way to use the Sounblaster X7 with XB1 and chat audio. If where I would get one in a heartbeat.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #40,503 of 48,562
After a long research I bought one of AKG K712 for play game. I plan to buy AKG K701 also.

It very cheap right now.

For Mobius I will wait and see what is they bring to the table.

As per Aeon Flow open after see many review the soundstage is not big so may be next time.

Thanks guy

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #40,504 of 48,562
After a long research I bought one of AKG K712 for play game. I plan to buy AKG K701 also.

It very cheap right now.

As per Aeon Flow open after see many review the soundstage is not big so may be next time.

Thanks guy
I have the K712's myself. I've been using them for about a year and a half now and I have only good things to say about them. They really are great all-rounders for gaming.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #40,505 of 48,562

It very cheap right now.

Thanks guy

I have the K712's myself. I've been using them for about a year and a half now and I have only good things to say about them. They really are great all-rounders for gaming.

I can’t state an opinion on AKG publicly anymore, but my posting history (especially in this thread) will show that I had various higher end models for a total of 5 or 6 years, if that tells you anything without me saying anything :wink:

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #40,506 of 48,562
Anyone can weigh in if GSX1000 would be an upgrade from Creative Omni? Or I will be just wasting my time and money

I want better surround sound. I am using Q701

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #40,507 of 48,562
Doesn't the Omni use SBX? Then no, there's no reason to upgrade. SBX and GSX surround are VERY similar. Having heard a variety of surround emulators, there's not really gonna be much better than what those two offer. Until we start getting vertical audio piped down into virtual surround, 7.1 downmixing can only do so much.

I have yet to hear 'proper' Dolby Atmos Headphone so I don't wanna say anything about that one. I tried getting it to work on my PC with a free trial but no matter what I did, my PC just wouldn't enable it even when I turn it on.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #40,508 of 48,562
I figure I'd let you guys know, so you can be excited: Audeze is sending me a finalized version of the Audeze Mobius this week. That means (hopefully), that release is imminent. I'll be updating my original review/impressions of it to highlight and reflect any changes (likely in bold or italicized sentences). Considering I don't expect any major sound sig changes, I'll focus on eq presets, the windows software for the Mobius, and whatnot.

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #40,511 of 48,562
i bought akg 712 pro do you believe that akg 712 pro will be very good for games music and movies??

i havent tested yet
No, they're terrible. You've made a horrible mistake that will haunt you forever. Throw them in the trash, then burn the trash, then burn the ashes.
i bought akg 712 pro do you believe that akg 712 pro will be very good for games music and movies??

i havent tested yet
They're amazing! The only problem I have is that every time I use them I have to change my shorts. It's very confusing.

i havent tested yet
They're just alright. Plenty of better headphones out there, plenty worse. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #40,513 of 48,562
How does one properly convey jealousy on the internet?

You can ban me for 24 hours, and say it's because I was discussing industry secrets. :p

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #40,514 of 48,562
Jul 22, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #40,515 of 48,562
Come on, you had your take already!
Nuh uh, I had a taste. :wink: The ones we received for the Head-Fi video were early prototypes, the same version that MLE received. They weren't production ready. The body wasn't production finished, the headband wasn't the one they're using in the final product, it was missing quoted features, and more features were added later in production. We also didn't have access to the software management that ships with the headphone. I so very much want to run a production version through the wringer. Skyrim is calling to me...

You can ban me for 24 hours, and say it's because I was discussing industry secrets. :p
ban-hammer-gif-5.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back